Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(2018-09-28, 10:53)rudeboyx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-27, 19:05)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]I see a lot of mention of refresh rate switching and 24 hz and HDR-SDR seitching and color space and this and that from kodi users. This device doesnt do so and so so dont get it.. blah blah blah. I used to listen and follow the “in demand” devices of the day for kodi. intel Nuc, then chromebox, then the shield.. honestly i dont see any dofference between their peformance and xbox one so far. I was going to wait to hear from the experts here before i got it nut took the plunge the other day and i am ver happy with it. I needed an all in one and this serves the purpose. Ill miss the android live channels app though.

Every use case is different. Maybe my eyes dont have the sensitvity needed for these flaws you guys keep talking about. I have a 4K HDR 55 inch, baseline model tv, nothing fancy. I am in the USA and i realize its mostly european or foreign users who have these format issues i keep reading about.

But in anycase, xbox one S helps me avoid the hassle of getting a shield and appletv and this and that. ill probably think of getting an appletv to go with it if i need more steaming options..
I Fully Agree.

"Oh no, my frame rate is too high, the video is playing back too smoothly."

The human brain completely generates the image in your mind from light sensors in your face. The human brain makes up information to fill the gaps of what the eyes miss or is out of intimidate field of view. Because of this, what you "see" isn't the same as what your eyes originally take in anyway so seems like pissing into the wind trying to fine tune the source beyond a certain point.

Not saying that frame rates don't make a difference, only that to the average man, it's negligible.

Playing 24fps video on 50hz/60hz screen just doesn’t work properly. It’s better to set the screen refresh rate to 48hz/72hz and show the same frame twice/three times than to generate intermediate frames.
My tv switched to 24 while playing an amazon video on xboneS.

So why do people say its not capable of handling this alleged frame rate switching?

Maybe the issue is with netflix only? Maybe this feature is app dependent.
(2018-09-28, 11:30)rudeboyx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-28, 11:23)Steve30x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-26, 10:59)rudeboyx Wrote: [ -> ]Are you struggling seeing artwork over the TV show "Folder" in "Files" view or the TV show series "node" in "Library" view?
I can't say I've seen this issue at all. My TV show artwork displays as expected in each view mode (Library mode shows artwork at all levels of hierarchy, Files mode does not.)

Are you using a shared library across a home network of several Kodi installations?
Which Skin are you using? as the default "Estuary" has white folder icons on mine, not blue. Could be a skin issue?         
Yes thats my problem. I don't see the artwork with estuary or Confluence. I don't like Estuary. I am used to Confluence because I have been using Kodi with four years. I was using Kodi on a Zotac Z Box via OpenELEC and then moved to LibreELEC. But I use my Xbox a lot for youtube so I moved all my TV Shows I converted from DVD to file format for convience on to an external 2.5" USB HDD. I have all the TV shows in seperate folders and I ran scan to library multiple times. The scraper finds the shows and updates them. When I click show info the artwork shows on the info box but when I go to Icon or Fanart view all I see is blue folders. I've uninstalled Kodi twice already and the problem still exists.         

I gave you 2 options 2 choose from, are you saying both options dont show artwork?
If you say it "is" happening with Estuary, I am unable to reproduce.
I could understand this happening with unsupported skins, but Estuary is fully supported and works fine at my end.

Are you sure its just not Confluence with the issue, and your testing with Estuary may have been done in files mode instead of library mode, leading to incorrect test?
Honestly I was a PM3HD user for a long time because of the same reason of being used to it, but unfortunately you just have to move on eventually especially when support drops for older skins. Sure you will find newer modded versions to work with the latest kodi, but they are rarely perfect. All I can advise is if you are a alpha/beta tester, only use the default skin unless you are specifically bug reporting for another skin.

For the last few years, I was using Xperience1080 as my default, but with Kodi 18 UWP, I reverted to the default Estuary because Xperience1080 caused lots of random issues, despite it being Kodi 18 compatible and the dev unable to reproduce any of the issues I had. Moved to Estuary and haven't had any issues since. once Kodi 18 goes full release, I will consider testing other skins again. 
The problem does not exist in Kodi dedicated OS. I use Confluence on LibreELEC and OpenELEC , Libre Elec uses Kodi 18 just like Xbox and the artwork shows on Confluence. I've tried both Estuary and Confluence and the artwork just does not show as I have said in my last post. I am not an Alpha or Beta Tester. I just downloaded Kodi from the microsoft store. Just to be extra sure I just now booted up Kodi on Xbox and changed to Estuary , then scanned in a TV show to the library , it showed the info screen with the proper artwork showing and its still showing a white folder in "FILE MODE". I am looking at it right here on my TV to my right with a white folder  View Type WALL , same with BANNER , Same with FANART ,, Same with LIST and Same with Poster. Just a white folder. So you can't just go blaming Confluence for this.
(2018-09-28, 16:02)Steve30x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-28, 11:30)rudeboyx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-28, 11:23)Steve30x Wrote: [ -> ]Yes thats my problem. I don't see the artwork with estuary or Confluence. I don't like Estuary. I am used to Confluence because I have been using Kodi with four years. I was using Kodi on a Zotac Z Box via OpenELEC and then moved to LibreELEC. But I use my Xbox a lot for youtube so I moved all my TV Shows I converted from DVD to file format for convience on to an external 2.5" USB HDD. I have all the TV shows in seperate folders and I ran scan to library multiple times. The scraper finds the shows and updates them. When I click show info the artwork shows on the info box but when I go to Icon or Fanart view all I see is blue folders. I've uninstalled Kodi twice already and the problem still exists.         

I gave you 2 options 2 choose from, are you saying both options dont show artwork?
I could understand this happening with unsupported skins, but Estuary is fully supported and works fine at my end.

Are you sure its just not Confluence with the issue, and your testing with Estuary may have been done in files mode instead of library mode, leading to incorrect test?
Honestly I was a PM3HD user for a long time because of the same reason of being used to it, but unfortunately you just have to move on eventually especially when support drops for older skins. Sure you will find newer modded versions to work with the latest kodi, but they are rarely perfect. All I can advise is if you are a alpha/beta tester, only use the default skin unless you are specifically bug reporting for another skin.

For the last few years, I was using Xperience1080 as my default, but with Kodi 18 UWP, I reverted to the default Estuary because Xperience1080 caused lots of random issues, despite it being Kodi 18 compatible and the dev unable to reproduce any of the issues I had. Moved to Estuary and haven't had any issues since. once Kodi 18 goes full release, I will consider testing other skins again.     
The problem does not exist in Kodi dedicated OS. I use Confluence on LibreELEC and OpenELEC , Libre Elec uses Kodi 18 just like Xbox and the artwork shows on Confluence. I've tried both Estuary and Confluence and the artwork just does not show as I have said in my last post. I am not an Alpha or Beta Tester. I just downloaded Kodi from the microsoft store. Just to be extra sure I just now booted up Kodi on Xbox and changed to Estuary , then scanned in a TV show to the library , it showed the info screen with the proper artwork showing and its still showing a white folder in "FILE MODE". I am looking at it right here on my TV to my right with a white folder  View Type WALL , same with BANNER , Same with FANART ,, Same with LIST and Same with Poster. Just a white folder. So you can't just go blaming Confluence for this.    
 I'm not blaming anything, only suggesting possible causes since UWP is a standardisation, there should be little to difference between what you see and what I see when both using the UWP app. I will point out Kodi 18 is pre-release on all platforms, stating you are not an alpha or beta tester and yet you are using Kodi 18 is a contradiction. Kodi 18 only exists in a pre-release state. if you download it and run it, you are a beta tester. Also, you confirmed the below in an earlier post, showing that you were aware of Kodi being in beta state.
Quote:     "I can't edit my last post. But before I posted here I already reinstalled Kodi twice but the thumbnails don't show still. Unless there is a way to remove any hidden cache files after uninstalling Kodi then i'm stuck. I just don't like looking at those blue folders. Its updated to Beta 2 too"

My testing last night with files mode showed the artwork as the folder. I even changed a lot of different options within kodi to see if I could replicate your issue, but I couldn't. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but more detailed info would be required in order for the devs to investigate. Logs, library/texture database files etc. Things like how big your library is and which scrappers you use etc etc would all need to be considered.
(2018-10-01, 10:54)rudeboyx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-28, 16:02)Steve30x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-28, 11:30)rudeboyx Wrote: [ -> ]I gave you 2 options 2 choose from, are you saying both options dont show artwork?

I'm not blaming anything, only suggesting possible causes since UWP is a standardisation, there should be little to difference between what you see and what I see when both using the UWP app. I will point out Kodi 18 is pre-release on all platforms, stating you are not an alpha or beta tester and yet you are using Kodi 18 is a contradiction. Kodi 18 only exists in a pre-release state. if you download it and run it, you are a beta tester. Also, you confirmed the below in an earlier post, showing that you were aware of Kodi being in beta state.
Quote:     "I can't edit my last post. But before I posted here I already reinstalled Kodi twice but the thumbnails don't show still. Unless there is a way to remove any hidden cache files after uninstalling Kodi then i'm stuck. I just don't like looking at those blue folders. Its updated to Beta 2 too"

My testing last night with files mode showed the artwork as the folder. I even changed a lot of different options within kodi to see if I could replicate your issue, but I couldn't. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but more detailed info would be required in order for the devs to investigate. Logs, library/texture database files etc. Things like how big your library is and which scrappers you use etc etc would all need to be considered. 
 Of course Its Kodi 18 Beta 2. Its the only version available on Xbox. Unless you know a way to download a non beta version of Kodi for Xbox then I have no other choice but to use a beta version. But I am not a beta tester. To be a beta tester I have to apply to be one. Theres a thread in this forum stating how to register to become a beta tester. I am simply using a version of KODI that is supplied to the microsoft store. Also I would supply all the data they need if I knew which DATA they need and how to access it. I am no noob to beta testing or computers.

I had the same problem with LibreELEC and OpenELEC but all I had to do is delete a textures13 file and it was rewritten upon reboot. Somehow that file is locked down in Kodi Xbox and I can not delete it.
(2018-10-01, 19:32)Steve30x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-01, 10:54)rudeboyx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-28, 16:02)Steve30x Wrote: [ -> ]The problem does not exist in Kodi dedicated OS. I use Confluence on LibreELEC and OpenELEC , Libre Elec uses Kodi 18 just like Xbox and the artwork shows on Confluence. I've tried both Estuary and Confluence and the artwork just does not show as I have said in my last post. I am not an Alpha or Beta Tester. I just downloaded Kodi from the microsoft store. Just to be extra sure I just now booted up Kodi on Xbox and changed to Estuary , then scanned in a TV show to the library , it showed the info screen with the proper artwork showing and its still showing a white folder in "FILE MODE". I am looking at it right here on my TV to my right with a white folder  View Type WALL , same with BANNER , Same with FANART ,, Same with LIST and Same with Poster. Just a white folder. So you can't just go blaming Confluence for this.     

Of course Its Kodi 18 Beta 2. Its the only version available on Xbox. Unless you know a way to download a non beta version of Kodi for Xbox then I have no other choice but to use a beta version. But I am not a beta tester. To be a beta tester I have to apply to be one. Theres a thread in this forum stating how to register to become a beta tester. I am simply using a version of KODI that is supplied to the microsoft store. Also I would supply all the data they need if I knew which DATA they need and how to access it. I am no noob to beta testing or computers.

I had the same problem with LibreELEC and OpenELEC but all I had to do is delete a textures13 file and it was rewritten upon reboot. Somehow that file is locked down in Kodi Xbox and I can not delete it.    
Forget the "Beta signup" that was something that never really meant anything. The beta became available to everyone via Microsoft store download without signup. I say it again "you downloaded Kodi 18, you are a beta tester", you are even here reporting an issue with the beta. There is no non-beta version of kodi 18. if you don't want to be a tester, uninstall Kodi 18 or refrain from requesting beta support.

UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps cannot pass it storage access onto the user. only the app itself can access/delete/modify textures.db. The only way to delete user data is to delete all user data for the app. This is why I mentioned earlier that uninstall and re-installing will help many issues, as user data is deleted when uninstalled. However, I'm sure you mentioned that you had done this already, so I don't know what else to suggest.
Really enjoying kodi on my xbox

Last update the option to vertically shift all videos was either hidden or removed - would be great to have that back
(2018-09-27, 22:27)jcwillia1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-27, 19:05)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]I see a lot of mention of refresh rate switching and 24 hz and HDR-SDR seitching and color space and this and that from kodi users. This device doesnt do so and so so dont get it.. blah blah blah. I used to listen and follow the “in demand” devices of the day for kodi. intel Nuc, then chromebox, then the shield.. honestly i dont see any dofference between their peformance and xbox one so far. I was going to wait to hear from the experts here before i got it nut took the plunge the other day and i am ver happy with it. I needed an all in one and this serves the purpose. Ill miss the android live channels app though.

Every use case is different. Maybe my eyes dont have the sensitvity needed for these flaws you guys keep talking about. I have a 4K HDR 55 inch, baseline model tv, nothing fancy. I am in the USA and i realize its mostly european or foreign users who have these format issues i keep reading about.

But in anycase, xbox one S helps me avoid the hassle of getting a shield and appletv and this and that. ill probably think of getting an appletv to go with it if i need more steaming options..

What are you streaming in 4k on Xbox? It has to be compressed all to hell.

Are you takking about kodi or other apps (netflix, prime, youtube and such)
I dont have any 4k media files incan use to test kodi yet. But netflix and prime work fine for me. I cant tell difference between PQ of shield and xboxone.

I am guessing kodi might be different. If thats the case i can add a libreelec amlogic device to the setup but for streaming addons on kodi, xb1 works fine
(2018-10-02, 22:10)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-27, 22:27)jcwillia1 Wrote: [ -> ]

What are you streaming in 4k on Xbox? It has to be compressed all to hell.

I dont have any 4k media files incan use to test kodi yet. But netflix and prime work fine for me. I cant tell difference between PQ of shield and xboxone.

I am guessing kodi might be different. If thats the case i can add a libreelec amlogic device to the setup but for streaming addons on kodi, xb1 works fine

I’m not really interested in watching 4k unless it came from a disc.
(2018-10-02, 23:49)jcwillia1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-02, 22:10)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-27, 22:27)jcwillia1 Wrote: [ -> ]What are you streaming in 4k on Xbox? It has to be compressed all to hell.

So the xb1 discplayback is compressed? Is that what you are saying?
(2018-10-03, 00:58)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-02, 23:49)jcwillia1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-02, 22:10)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you takking about kodi or other apps (netflix, prime, youtube and such)

So the xb1 discplayback is compressed? Is that what you are saying?

No but everything off of Netflix etc is.
(2018-10-02, 12:15)rudeboyx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-01, 19:32)Steve30x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-01, 10:54)rudeboyx Wrote: [ -> ] I'm not blaming anything, only suggesting possible causes since UWP is a standardisation, there should be little to difference between what you see and what I see when both using the UWP app. I will point out Kodi 18 is pre-release on all platforms, stating you are not an alpha or beta tester and yet you are using Kodi 18 is a contradiction. Kodi 18 only exists in a pre-release state. if you download it and run it, you are a beta tester. Also, you confirmed the below in an earlier post, showing that you were aware of Kodi being in beta state.

Forget the "Beta signup" that was something that never really meant anything. The beta became available to everyone via Microsoft store download without signup. I say it again "you downloaded Kodi 18, you are a beta tester", you are even here reporting an issue with the beta. There is no non-beta version of kodi 18. if you don't want to be a tester, uninstall Kodi 18 or refrain from requesting beta support.

UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps cannot pass it storage access onto the user. only the app itself can access/delete/modify textures.db. The only way to delete user data is to delete all user data for the app. This is why I mentioned earlier that uninstall and re-installing will help many issues, as user data is deleted when uninstalled. However, I'm sure you mentioned that you had done this already, so I don't know what else to suggest. 
I can delete all .db files in Kodi on the Xbox except the one that is necesary Textures13.db. I need Kodi to access that file so that it can display the fanart for the folders. This is not an issue with Kodi 18 itself nor is it a Confluence problem while using Kodi 18. I am now after reinstalling Kodi a third time this evening and the problem still exists. I also say it again I am not a beta tester. You can put it whatever way you wish but I am not a beta tester. I have Kodi 18 on my Zotac ZBox and I am using Confluence on it without the fan art problem. I prefer not using multiple pieces of hardware though because my TV only has two HDMI inputs and I do not have a HDMI switcher box.
I've done a cmplete XBOX Reset and wiped everything then reinstalled Kodi. It still does not display the art for the shows on their respective folders. When I scan the content to library the scrapers (Every one I've tried) like XEM , TVDB etc think the shows are something completely different. TVDB thinks I have F1 on the HDD which I don't. So I think I will have to wait until the next release to see if my problem gets fixed.
Or post a debug log.
(2018-10-04, 15:16)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Or post a debug log.
 How do I do that? I will post the debug log if I know where to find it or how to get a debug log
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41