Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] VideoMonkey - a video plugin for YouTube, Dailymotion, and everything else!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Hi nothingcool Laugh

nothingcool Wrote:Is there a tutorial on VideoMonkey somewhere? I've tried to add new content to VideoMonkey, but can't seem to get anything working.

No, there is not yet a tutorial Sad

nothingcool Wrote:In particular, I'd like to add the ability to global search easynews through videomonkey, but I'm not sure of the order VideoMonkey uses to parse the data. Since this is a paid site, I don't expect that this will be added to any VideoMonkey release, but the ability to search Easynews would be really handy to anyone with an account.

I'm very confused about the order of the files... when does videomonkey use a cfg file (in my case easynews.com.cfg) and when does it use the info in catcher.list?

For every item with "type=video", the plugin will use "catcher.list" to find out the direct url (and only the url) of the video

Code:
item_info_name=type
item_info_build=video
If this is not needed, the type must be set to "direct.video"

Code:
item_info_name=type
item_info_build=direct.video

nothingcool Wrote:For my CFG file, I've got the following. The URL below is the location to perform a search and the %s in the url below will submit a search query to easynews.

Code:
# Search
########################################################
title=Search
type=search
icon=search.png
url=http://USERNAME:[email protected]/global4/search.html?gps=autounrar&sbj=%s&from=&ns=&fil=&fex=avi&vc=&ac=&s1=dtime&s1d=-&s2=nrfile&s2d=%2B&s3=dsize&s3d=%2B&pby=1000&pno=1&sS=0&u=1&plain=1&svL=&d1=&d1t=&d2=&d2t=&b1=&b1t=&b2=&b2t=&px1=&px1t=&px2=&px2t=&fps1=&fps1t=&fps2=&fps2t=&bps1=&bps1t=&bps2=&bps2t=&hz1=&hz1t=&hz2=&hz2t=&rn1=&rn1t=&rn2=&rn2t=&fly=2
OK

nothingcool Wrote:Once this is run, the regex required to parse the videos from the result is this, in the format URL and then TITLE:

Code:
<input id="z.*?href="([^"]+)".*?<br/>([^<]+)</a>

These urls will all be direct links to .avi files and can be directly played, so just want to list these results and then click on them to play the result.
This rule belong to the "catcher.list" file. But as I said, only the url will be discovered here. Other infos (e.g the title) are to be defined in the cfg file Nerd

nothingcool Wrote:Since easynews is a pay site, I've pasted part of a sample result page so you can see if the regex works. So where do I put the regex? In a videos section under the cfg file, in catcher.list or in both? As it works now, this returns just search again, no results.

Below is a segment of the easynews result page searching for "something"... thanks for any help in advance.

Code:
<input id="z1" class="checkbox" type="checkbox" name="1" value="afcd8fbeaae4b819a6b5518485612fe30a334f4d406079"><a href="http://downloads.members.easynews.com/news/a/f/c/afcd8fbeaae4b819a6b5518485612fe30a334f4d4.avi/er.s04e02.something.new.ws.avi" target="subjTarget" >FTWclub zoekt Posters en Spotters  [035/173] - &quot;er.season.04.complete.part034.rar&quot; (01/86)<br/>(er.s04e02.something.new.ws.avi AutoUnRAR)</a>   <a href="/header2.html?m=afcd8fbeaae4b819a6b5518485612fe30a334f4d4" target="headerPage">[header]</a> <a href="http://downloads.members.easynews.com/news/a/f/c/th-afcd8fbeaae4b819a6b5518485612fe30a334f4d4.jpg/th-er.s04e02.something.new.ws.jpg" target="thumblarge2">[thumb]</a> &nbsp; 347.70 MB &nbsp; <a href="/idx.html?group=alt.binaries.multimedia" target="display2">alt.binaries.multimedia</a> <a href="/group.html?group=alt.binaries.multimedia" target="display2">[old]</a> &nbsp; 11-May &nbsp; <a href="/global4/search.html?from=notyour%40domain%5C.nl+%5C%28FirelessLoon%5C%29">[email protected] (FirelessLoon)</a> &nbsp; <br>
<input id="z2" class="checkbox" type="checkbox" name="2" value="58e12d2179a51453c215a9b462e3dd89070c31b5109b70"><a href="http://downloads.members.easynews.com/news/5/8/e/58e12d2179a51453c215a9b462e3dd89070c31b51.avi/S02E16%20-%20There%27s%20Something%20about%20Paulie.avi" target="subjTarget" >The Revivals ][ AVI ][ Revivals_125971 ] [26/42] - &quot;Revivals_125971.part25.rar&quot; posted for FTN<br/>(001/131) (S02E16 - There's Something about Paulie.avi AutoUnRAR)</a>   <a href="/header2.html?m=58e12d2179a51453c215a9b462e3dd89070c31b51" target="headerPage">[header]</a> <a href="http://downloads.members.easynews.com/news/5/8/e/th-58e12d2179a51453c215a9b462e3dd89070c31b51.jpg/th-S02E16%20-%20There%27s%20Something%20about%20Paulie.jpg" target="thumblarge2">[thumb]</a> &nbsp; 73.49 MB &nbsp; <a href="/idx.html?group=alt.binaries.ftn" target="display2">alt.binaries.ftn</a> <a href="/group.html?group=alt.binaries.ftn" target="display2">[old]</a> &nbsp; 09-May &nbsp; <a href="/global4/search.html?from=therevivals%40live%5C.nl+%5C%28The+Revivals%5C%29">[email protected] (The Revivals)</a> &nbsp; <br>
ttp://downloads.members.easynews.com/news/a/c/9/ac94464eca938848ea1f7a8b5d40410c07cb52a8e.avi/Something.About.Mary.avi" target="subjTarget" >Binaries4ever.net, powered by www.xennews post: There's.Something.About.Mary.BRRip.XviD.AC3( [44/46] -<br/>&quot;Mary.r43&quot; yEnc (01/44) (Something.About.Mary.avi AutoUnRAR)</a>   <a href="/header2.html?m=ac94464eca938848ea1f7a8b5d40410c07cb52a8e" target="headerPage">[header]</a> <a href="http://downloads.members.easynews.com/news/a/c/9/th-ac94464eca938848ea1f7a8b5d40410c07cb52a8e.jpg/th-Something.About.Mary.jpg" target="thumblarge2">[thumb]</a> &nbsp; 2.05 GB &nbsp; <a href="/idx.html?group=alt.binaries.boneless" target="display2">alt.binaries.boneless</a> <a href="/group.html?group=alt.binaries.boneless" target="display2">[old]</a> &nbsp; 08-May &nbsp; <a href="/global4/search.html?from=Yenc%40power-post%5C.org+%5C%28extreme+snakes%5C%29">[email protected] (extreme snakes)</a> &nbsp; <br>
ttp://downloads.members.easynews.com/news/f/4/d/f4de11a3c2c9dcf0cd2c16f0a886d2ea0b12d8458.avi/Da%20She%20%281980%29.avi" target="subjTarget" >(Something different) [40/46] - &quot;Da She (1980).part37.rar&quot; yEnc (01/17) (Da She (1980).avi AutoUnRAR)</a>   <a href="/header2.html?m=f4de11a3c2c9dcf0cd2c16f0a886d2ea0b12d8458" target="headerPage">[header]</a> <a href="http://downloads.members.easynews.com/news/f/4/d/th-f4de11a3c2c9dcf0cd2c16f0a886d2ea0b12d8458.jpg/th-Da%20She%20%281980%29.jpg" target="thumblarge2">[thumb]</a> &nbsp; 702.03 MB &nbsp; <a href="/idx.html?group=alt.binaries.sleazemovies" target="display2">alt.binaries.sleazemovies</a> <a href="/group.html?group=alt.binaries.sleazemovies" target="display2">[old]</a> &nbsp; 30-Apr &nbsp; <a href="/global4/search.html?from=Torchy%40invalid%5C.ca+%5C%28Torchy%5C%29">[email protected] (Torchy)</a> &nbsp; <br>

Until the plugin is able to set a username and password for every site, the released versions of videomokey will not handle paid sites Wink

bye,
sfaxman...
Thanks for the quick response, that really helps alot and I wouldn't have figured out video.direct by myself!! Smile

One last question... how does type=search work?

Once I've run the search, does it run the search using the URL provided and then come back to the cfg file and parse the results using the video section? Currently, after I run a search, it just returns 1 of 1 results and gives me only the search option again.

Using your info above, this is my entire easynews.com.cfg file, with nothing for easynews in catcher.list.:

Code:
# Videos
item_infos=<input id="z.*?href="([^"]+)".*?<br/>([^<]+)</a>
item_order=url|title        
item_info_name=type
# Search
title=Search
type=search
icon=search.png
url=http://USERNAME:[email protected]/global4/search.html?gps=autounrar&sbj=%s&from=&ns=&fil=&fex=avi&vc=&ac=&s1=dtime&s1d=-&s2=nrfile&s2d=%2B&s3=dsize&s3d=%2B&pby=1000&pno=1&sS=0&u=1&plain=1&svL=&d1=&d1t=&d2=&d2t=&b1=&b1t=&b2=&b2t=&px1=&px1t=&px2=&px2t=&fps1=&fps1t=&fps2=&fps2t=&bps1=&bps1t=&bps2=&bps2t=&hz1=&hz1t=&hz2=&hz2t=&rn1=&rn1t=&rn2=&rn2t=&fly=2

Do i need to define a start address, or is it enough to just display search and use the URL from there? Also, I've noticed some sites declare the extension in the video section... do I need to do that? I don't need to append an extension. The URL returned is a full path to an avi file. The only other info I've added is this to more.sites.list:

Code:
title=Easynews
type=rss
director=easynews
icon=easynews.png
url=easynews.com.cfg

All of the other sites in more.sites.list had type=rss, but I'm not sure if I need to change that.

Here are the steps I'm trying to perform:

1) Select easynews from the MORE section
2) Return only the Search option (no results for the first screen)
3) Enter a search term
4) Parse the results using the regex above
5) Click on video and stream

Sorry for all the questions... if I can help build an FAQ once I've got everything working, I'd be happy to. I also understand about not adding pay sites to the VideoMonkey distribution, but I'll post my cfg once it works so that anyone can add this on their own.

Again, much thanks... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Hi again,
nothingcool Wrote:Thanks for the quick response, that really helps alot and I wouldn't have figured out video.direct by myself!! Smile

One last question... how does type=search work?

The %s in the search url statement will be replaced with the text entered in the virtual keyboard (spaces are also replaced with "+"), the resulting url is retrieved and finally the cfg is applied on it to find out the items to display.

nothingcool Wrote:Once I've run the search, does it run the search using the URL provided and then come back to the cfg file and parse the results using the video section? Currently, after I run a search, it just returns 1 of 1 results and gives me only the search option again.

Using your info above, this is my entire easynews.com.cfg file, with nothing for easynews in catcher.list.:

Code:
# Videos
item_infos=<input id="z.*?href="([^"]+)".*?<br/>([^<]+)</a>
item_order=url|title        
item_info_name=type
# Search
title=Search
type=search
icon=search.png

Do i need to define a start address, or is it enough to just display search and use the URL from there?

No, I think it is not needed. The resulting exception should be catched by default Wink
And the line:
Code:
item_url_build=%s
is needed to mark the end of an item !!! This line is used to format the resulting url. %s means the url parsed ba the regex rule will not be modified.

nothingcool Wrote:Also, I've noticed some sites declare the extension in the video section... do I need to do that? I don't need to append an extension. The URL returned is a full path to an avi file.

The extension is only used when the video is downloaded. The file name is "title" + "." + "extension". Why not simply specify an extension Huh
Code:
item_info_name=extension
item_info_build=avi

nothingcool Wrote:The only other info I've added is this to more.sites.list:

Code:
title=Easynews
type=rss
director=easynews
icon=easynews.png
url=easynews.com.cfg

All of the other sites in more.sites.list had type=rss, but I'm not sure if I need to change that.

No, It's ok Nod

nothingcool Wrote:Here are the steps I'm trying to perform:

1) Select easynews from the MORE section
2) Return only the Search option (no results for the first screen)
3) Enter a search term
4) Parse the results using the regex above
5) Click on video and stream

There is no possibility to hide the search option Oo

nothingcool Wrote:Sorry for all the questions... if I can help build an FAQ once I've got everything working, I'd be happy to. I also understand about not adding pay sites to the VideoMonkey distribution, but I'll post my cfg once it works so that anyone can add this on their own.

Again, much thanks...

You're welcome. Try enabling the debug logging and check in the "xbmc.log" file if the urls are retrieved the way you envisaged. And in the cache directory, the last retrieved page is stored (page.html). It can be helpful to verify your regexes.

Bye,
sfaxman...
Awesome, I think that answers all my questions... I'll try this as soon as I'm home.

I've got XBMC running on an xbox and an apple tv, so I'll try it on both.

I'm pretty sure it was the:

Code:
item_url_build=%s

That was causing my search to return no results.

Thanks again! I'll post my results.
I was playing with the configs of this plugin, and I have some questions.

1. do googlevideos and dailymotion work in the latest version?
2. how do I find out what the version I have on my computer is.

if (1) don't work i made some new ones.

also, are there any additional configs made by anyone else?
Wanted to say thanks for this great plugin, especially for Arte, use it everyday.
Maybe you could integrate arte-live-web to.

Thanks in advance
Hi sfaxman,

is it possible that ZDF is broken? Any chances of it getting fixed soon?

Thanks for the plugin!

mighty_bombero
Can someone tell me how to turn on adult content (its now showing up under plugin settings)?
use videodevil Wink

comes newer version of videomonkey?? youtube and others dont work.....
virtualhours Wrote:use videodevil Wink

comes newer version of videomonkey?? youtube and others dont work.....

Has development stopped on this plugin? there hasnt been an update sind months...
It would be sad, since this is one of the best plugins!
funkytown Wrote:Has development stopped on this plugin? there hasnt been an update sind months...
It would be sad, since this is one of the best plugins!

Hi guys,

no not stopped Nerd But delayed Blush Unfortunately I cannot say yet when I will have time for an update Sad But it will come Nod

bye,
sfaxman...
Spanish language for this great plugin:

http://rapidshare.com/files/252709375/Spanish.rar

Thanks for the plugin! Big Grin
I'm not sure, if the site structure allows an easy implementation into VideoMonkey but if yes, perhaps the internet music channel tape.tv could be a worthwhile addition to it. Rolleyes
i hope this plugin,videomonkey,gets updated.I'd hate to miss out on the great potential this plugin may have.However,none of the websites are are working,such as,youtube,dailymotion,metacafe,etc.
How do you change the download path?
If I select save video in plugin setting, the path is forcibly set to F:\videos

Thanks.

EDIT: I tried changing it manually in the settings.xml, but the change doesn't seem to go through at all.

EDIT 2: Now it works, I forgot to change the cached settings.xml under userdata as well Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39