Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear fritsch

(2019-12-19, 20:23)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]That won't work. All UHD blurays have copy protection.

How to get these from disk to your hard drive is most likely illegal in your country and therefore not covered in my answer.

Thank you for your explanation. I respect your decision. I own lots of UHD physical disc and I have some of them (my favourite movies) as .mkv remuxes, which is very easy to prepare. It's not illegal to do a backup of physical disc, which you own, until you will not share to the public, then of course it's illegal. I use those copies for my own purpose at home. I asked, because I want to know, if it's possible to play those physical copies on NVIDIA SHIELD Pro 2019 via Kodi. OK, now I understand why it's not possible.

PS. kodi-20191218-0bf74b00-master-arm64-v8a.apk - this nightly build has got fix of volume +1 Smile

Thank you again for your reply.

Sincerely
Dear Andy112

(2019-12-19, 03:32)Andy112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-19, 01:09)UTAVATU Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Friends

When I was on NVIDIA SHIELD Pro 2017 I had .apk of Google Chrome working, but I cannot find any for 2019 model with Android 9. Do you have a link of working Google Chrome .apk for NVIDIA SHIELD Pro 2019?

Sincerely
Unfortunately there's no native Google Chrome support for Android TV, so your best bet is to sideload the mobile version apk. Here's the link you're looking for to download.
https://apkpure.com/google-chrome-fast-s...oid.chrome 

Thank you, but this is not the newest version of Google Chrome. I have managed to do it other way.

1. Download app Aptoide TV, copy to pendrive/via FTP/SMB, install it on NVIDIA SHIELD Pro 2019.
2. Launch Aptoide TV and in search enter: Google Chrome.
3. Download Google Chrome the newest version, install, configure, that's all Smile

It's working without any problems.

Sincerely
The 2019 version has been out for a couple of months now. What's the verdict? Is it worth it, or not that big of an upgrade?
(2019-12-23, 10:05)rwijnhov Wrote: [ -> ]The 2019 version has been out for a couple of months now. What's the verdict? Is it worth it, or not that big of an upgrade?

If you want to play back Dolby Vision files with DTS-HD X through your home cinema then it’s almost essential, hopefully DV with Atmos isn’t far away.
Shield pro 2019
Kodi is resetting the display calibration after auto shut off, or when the TV switches off. For now I am unable to replicate the issue, but anyone else facing this?
(2019-12-23, 10:05)rwijnhov Wrote: [ -> ]The 2019 version has been out for a couple of months now. What's the verdict? Is it worth it, or not that big of an upgrade?

How are you playing Dolby Vision/HDR in Kodi on the Shield Pro? What build/settings... Thanks in advance. I will be streaming content over a Gbit local network so there should be no bandwidth issues at all, even for high bitrate content right? Thanks in advance.
(2019-12-28, 17:59)n00bftw Wrote: [ -> ]

How are you playing Dolby Vision/HDR in Kodi on the Shield Pro? What build/settings... Thanks in advance. I will be streaming content over a Gbit local network so there should be no bandwidth issues at all, even for high bitrate content right? Thanks in advance.

Kodi doesn't support DV, HDR10 playback is fine over local GBit, for now I am playing my DV files back from USB.
C’mon Kodi, implement DV single layer playback for the new shield please.
(2019-12-29, 10:22)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-28, 17:59)n00bftw Wrote: [ -> ]

Kodi doesn't support DV, HDR10 playback is fine over local GBit, for now I am playing my DV files back from USB.
C’mon Kodi, implement DV single layer playback for the new shield please. 

Apologies, it would seem MRMC has it working on an android build on single layer DV files. Shame it can't be ported over somehow Sad
Does anybody have a definitive settings guide on how to get Dolby Atmos working in Kodi's video player on the Shield TV Pro?

I have an LG TV + Soundbar and when using Netflix via the Shield it's perfectly fine, but when watching movies through Kodi I can't get a Dolby Atmos signal through to the Soundbar.

Any ideas?
Enabled passthrough?
(2020-01-01, 19:11)J3FFmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody have a definitive settings guide on how to get Dolby Atmos working in Kodi's video player on the Shield TV Pro?

I have an LG TV + Soundbar and when using Netflix via the Shield it's perfectly fine, but when watching movies through Kodi I can't get a Dolby Atmos signal through to the Soundbar.

Any ideas?
I couldn’t get Kodi to output Atmos to my LG C9 even the TV supports Atmos on the Shield from Plex, Netflix etc, as soon as I plugged the Shield into my Denon Kodi started outputting Atmos, I think maybe Kodi doesn’t output Atmos unless your TV / Soundbar edid reports TrueHD compatible.
I cannot get DD+ to work with passthrough eneabled in the latest stable Kodi version and also not in the latest nightly version on my new Nvidia Shield pro.
The Nvidia Shield is connected to my new Philips Oled TV and then connected to my older Denon AV reciever. I dont have this issues with the native Netflix add-on on the Shield.
That won't work. Kodi supports DD+ 7.1 as well, therefore uses a "bigger format" to transmit DD+ - most TVs don't understand that. Connect it to the Denon directly, which will ontop give you additional features like DTS-HD-MA, TrueHD, etc.

If you are a hacker: You can patch kodi to use the inferior internal Android IEC packer, then you will certain things (DTS 44.1 khz, DD+ 7.1, etc.) but those files you just try should work.
(2020-01-02, 22:00)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]that

I have now connected directly to my Denon AV receiver and then audio works. Unfortunately my receiver does not support HDR and DV so it looks like I need to buy a new AV receiver.
Or you try the "force raw" build. That will use Android's packer instead.