Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MarcosQui Wrote:To change only the main menu is pretty simple:

- Open the Includes_MainMenu.xml
- Scroll to near the 280 line and will see the following buttons:
<item id="8"> <! - videos ->
<item id="1"> <! - music ->
and others.

- The skin always puts the third button from the list as the default button that appears in the middle of the screen, then you just get the set of strings you want and move to third position.
Ps. although several buttons appear Music they count as only one. The third button on the list is <item id="6"> <! - movies ->. The set of strings that will move you must stay on top of movies.

Done this at least in the main menu will be correct, but is part of customization, there's another story ... Cool

Good luck.

OK, My main menu starts with, "Movies-Pictures-Settings" and I would like to move "Movies" to the center.

My xml has the Pictures 5 button (now at center) way down the at the 12th position not at the 3rd position. The Movies 6 button (now at left) at position 5.

So I need some help understanding the reply and changing this.
SavellM Wrote:Im using this awesome skin on EDEN.
Its working but I keep getting a RECENTLYADDED.py script failure.

Also when pressing down on a menu for a sub menu most dont show.

Are there any planned updates to get this beautiful skin updated?

as far as i can recall, eden has the recentlyadded script natively, i've removed it from my own eden install (as in, deleted it from the addons folder etc) and it's no longer giving errors, while my recently added still works as it should. so for everyone running into these errors while using eden, try removing/renaming the addons, should work Smile
colbert Wrote:Has development been stopped for Aeon MQ2? Is Marcos just working on 3 now?

Yes, he is only working on MQ3...
lithiumc Wrote:I am having the same issue, no submenus.

Take a look at one of my posts several pages back, there is an issue with the skin and the latest builds with regards to SubMenus.
Has anybody problems reading the music database after 2.8.1 upgrade? Music Library doesn´t work anymore. The update procedure is working fine and the database file is present but the library mode don´t work anymore and fan art is not present. If i change to another skin my database updates and library mode work fine with fan art, so this must be a MQ2 skin problem. The movie libray mode works fine.
Hi guys

Does anybody know if there is a way to get watched flags to appear in the videos section when in compact mode?

For some reason a little while back (Must have been in an update) this changed and now the only way I can see the watched flags in video mode is by taking it off compact mode. This is different from all other modes (Movies, TV Shows etc..). Anybody knows if there's a way to change it back?

Also I noticed that the "Latest Added" addon only shows the latest added which have not been watched and not the actual latest added so if I watch the latest added episode it disappears from the list. Is this meant to be this way? Was wondering whether there's a fix for it before I delve into the script and change it.
Alethenorio Wrote:Does anybody know if there is a way to get watched flags to appear in the videos section when in compact mode?

I added this to my setup not too long ago too. Strange that it wasn't included. Anyway, here's the file: http://www.box.net/shared/pi2jfidi6iqu3in1zg44

So far it only works with files, so the folders they're in still won't be marked as watched.
I am still learning but I have a huge tv library and would like to add the whole library to a playlist and have it play random.

Possible to do without doing to much coding?
xxturbowesxx Wrote:I am still learning but I have a huge tv library and would like to add the whole library to a playlist and have it play random.

it's probably not random, so not exactly what u'r looking for i guess, but you could give the pseudotv addon a try, i think it's included in the addons package for this skin. It'll put your tv shows in an epg like interface, so you can "watch tv" with various shows playing.
xxturbowesxx Wrote:I am still learning but I have a huge tv library and would like to add the whole library to a playlist and have it play random.

You can do this with a smart playlist.
stoli Wrote:You can do this with a smart playlist.

I searched smart playlist but cannot find any functionality in aeon or how to access it.

I am assuming I have to code/program to get it to work.
I love this skin but seem to be having an error. I can't open the skin customization item in settings. Is this a common problem?
Hey guys...just come back to XBMC after years away and recently MediaBrowser..
Just spent the best part of three days getting my films and vids sorted and happy with where they are at but just looking for a few pointers on the following...

I have a decent amount of kids progs for my little one (Dora, Peppa etc) and want these to be a seperate option on my home screen for easy finding...

Am I correct in thinking that the only way to do this is to create a new menu item and link it to a favourite? I have done this and it works quite successfully in everything apart from the fact when I select it I can only view it in LIST view and I'd like something a bit cooler...I presume this may be a lackof functionality with Favourites? It also doesn't show the text in my metadata for each episode....

If I pull out the menu on the left I can see Library mode is inactive, if I select it it doesn't change anything...

Am I doing something stupid?
Paul
rascaluk Wrote:Hey guys...just come back to XBMC after years away and recently MediaBrowser..
Just spent the best part of three days getting my films and vids sorted and happy with where they are at but just looking for a few pointers on the following...

I have a decent amount of kids progs for my little one (Dora, Peppa etc) and want these to be a seperate option on my home screen for easy finding...

Am I correct in thinking that the only way to do this is to create a new menu item and link it to a favourite? I have done this and it works quite successfully in everything apart from the fact when I select it I can only view it in LIST view and I'd like something a bit cooler...I presume this may be a lackof functionality with Favourites? It also doesn't show the text in my metadata for each episode....

If I pull out the menu on the left I can see Library mode is inactive, if I select it it doesn't change anything...

Am I doing something stupid?
Paul

Hey Paul,

The best way to do this is (if you have the Kids movies in certain folders) is to create a smart playlist that just picks up from those folders you can then add the playlist as a main menu item. This is what I do for mine and it works great. You should get full Library views this way but if you still only get the single list view make sure they are all scanned in to the library and if that does not help take a look a few pages back at one of my posts as there is an issue with certain builds of XBMC and the views.

EDIT: to get to playlists, I think it is an option under the Movies Submenu or in file mode just navigate back until you see Playlists. Once in the Playlist select New Smart Playlist. Set the Palylist Type to Movies or TV Shows to reflect the content then add a rule for PATH and for mine I just selected "ENDS IN" "/KIDS/" as all my Kids movies, shows etc... are all held in such folders this actually helps in respect you do not have to add multiple rules for different locations if you have kids stuff in different locations (bear in mind that these paths have to be located somewhere in the folder structure that you have scanned in to the library. Then just select the ORDER By Option and select OK and name the Playlist.
maybe it would work better if you used a smart playlist, and then linked to that? You haven't really described 'how' you linked to the favourite. What favourite? What does your menu link to?