Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Marcos....can you confirm on a release date for the new version of MQ2? I know you said soon but i think all of us will agree that we are excited and can't wait Smile

Can anyone confirm this bug is a skinning bug?
The episode selected is ep 14x14 and not 22x04
I'm not sure if it is a skinning bug, but when I go in the recently added menu it doesn't have the bug.

It only occurs with the last ep of the recently added quicklist and it also doesn't occur when that specific episode is of the first season of the show (I think).
So a little hard to explain, but I hope you get the idea.

Ep 22x04 of The Simpsons is 3 items above it btw... don't know if it has anything to do with getting mixed up with that one, but seems probable Smile

[edit]I've just checked it and it's indeed picking the episode number from 3 above[/edit]
Just installed Dharma RC1 and this skin. Loving it! Much snappier than the old Aeon.

3 questions, sorry I had a look through the other pages but couldn't find what I was after:

1) Can I change the background image for the shutdown menu? It doesn't appear in the background changer in the settings menu.

2) Does this skin auto-update? There was a post about forcing updates via the add-ons menu, but I can't see Aeon in there (as I installed from .zip)?

3) Do custom menu items work, or is this a work in progress?

Cheers all for your efforts, this skin is stunning.
doesn't this skin have a dark-style for all the menus like the original aeon has?
the only dark-style i can see is the homescreen-menu.. when i enter movies or tvshows it's the normal aeon light-grey.. isn't that chnageable?
Love this skin. My fav by far!!

However, Is there any chance for this skin to have an exit option on the shutdown menu.

I set my shutdown command as suspend, but i exit XBMC now and again to update drivers and such, having an exit command would make it that little bit more handy.
Unless some can show me how its done i can modify it myself.

Thanks!
Big_Noid Wrote:For workaround change in the VideOSDSettings.xml the following:

Code:
<defaultcontrol>5</defaultcontrol>

Then press down or up in the osdaudio menu to see the list bar.

Posted this in curtis-t's thread as well. Figured I post it here too.

"Using "5" isn't a full fix. For the most part it is. I know most do not really need the volume control on that menu. But with the "5" there you cannot access it."
MarcosQui Wrote:Friends, the time is coming to a new version of the skin.

Here comes a big news in the coming days, stay tuned ...

Just so we know what to expect, what will the upcoming version be called? MQ 3?
Just wondering, when listening to music, what's the symbol circled in the attached image for? It doesn't seem to do anything...Image
Lynchpin Wrote:Just wondering, when listening to music, what's the symbol circled in the attached image for? It doesn't seem to do anything...

This is the label for the genre...there is no genre in your track so it is left blank...
check with other tracks...there should be something in like "Rock" "Pop"...whatever...
Stranger Wrote:Just so we know what to expect, what will the upcoming version be called? MQ 3?

I had promised the skin to the end of November. The skin was ready but I found a way to improve what had already been implemented, so I decided to hold a few more days.
I am working day and night on this, please wait.

About the version, will probably be Aeon MQ 2.5 Nod

Best Regards.
MarcosQui Wrote:I am working day and night on this, please wait.
Best Regards.

This sounds quite hard...no hurry...

but just a quick question regarding the development:

Any hint if or when the pvr stuff will be implemented?

cheers,
mad-max
MarcosQui Wrote:I had promised the skin to the end of November. The skin was ready but I found a way to improve what had already been implemented, so I decided to hold a few more days.

About the version, will probably be Aeon MQ 2.5 Nod

Best Regards.

Just want to say a big thanks for all your effort!
MarcosQui Wrote:I had promised the skin to the end of November. The skin was ready but I found a way to improve what had already been implemented, so I decided to hold a few more days.

In behalf of everyone here....thank you so much for the hard work and time spent on this project...I can't wait for the 2.5 release....ALL THE BEST!
This is by far the best skin available...thank you so much for the hard work.

I only have one issue and I think it's a minor one.

I've always had my box set to suspend on shutdown and it has always worked until this skin. Now it appears to suspend but resumes after about 30 seconds. Any ideas on how I can resolve the issue?

Also, how can I get Library mode to work? even if files are sourced to the Videos window if I change to Library mode it tells me I need to populate the list. I don't understand.
Mike8913 Wrote:This is by far the best skin available...thank you so much for the hard work.

I only have one issue and I think it's a minor one.

I've always had my box set to suspend on shutdown and it has always worked until this skin. Now it appears to suspend but resumes after about 30 seconds. Any ideas on how I can resolve the issue?

Also, how can I get Library mode to work? even if files are sourced to the Videos window if I change to Library mode it tells me I need to populate the list. I don't understand.
On the first problem, do you have an optical mouse? Was the problem at my set-up. In windows there is an option that always the system to wake-up on mouse-signal. Otherwise, I don't know Smile (and it should act the same in other skins).

On the second problem, maybe clean and update your libary?