Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Duff, would you mind putting the "sort by" and search box on the recent page, too?
Not sure if this is a bug, Duff, but the movie "Hall Pass" pulls the French poster for me:

http://sharethe.tv/movies/hall-pass-2011--2

and the link to TMDB is broken
Hi Nick,

The new site design is great, I just have a couple of comments.

- I've noticed that the movie details are out of date in a couple of places, but the 'Refresh Movie' button has vanished from the movie page.

- I'm liking the ability to export movie lists as plain text, but i feel that it would add a lot if the output reflected what was currently displayed. For instance, if i am viewing someones profile and have the Unowned Movies filter turned on it would be great if i could produce a list of just the movies that i don't own.

Cheers
@tyersch: For your first point, it's still available. On movie pages, when signed in, you should see "Refresh Info from TMDB" available on the right side navbar.

I'll respond to everyone's points here soon, but I wanted to add that I've pushed a fix to sorting by 'Added' on movie grids. It sorts now properly, by the order you've added to your library.
TheDuffMan Wrote:@tyersch: For your first point, it's still available. On movie pages, when signed in, you should see "Refresh Info from TMDB" available on the right side navbar.

Oops. My browser at work must have logged me out! Cheers
any feedback on the rss feeds? Has anyone got the rss feeds to show up in xbmc?
I didn't get feedback in the forums, I'll just make a separate RSS feed (the current one is ATOM) and test it.
hey TheDuffMan!
1st of all I want to congratulate you on the design, is simply amazing =)
My question is this :

1st: If i want to build my library but I don't have the movies on the pc or DVD, how can I do it? is there any manual way or a trick?

2: Will you be adding series in the future?

3: If i have some "ideas" to improve the website; where should I post/send?
thanks in advance =)
Just started using this and it is great, thank you for such a well implemented service.

Is there an eta on tv show support?
To make a long story short, I got a new PC (Win7). Installed xbmc (working great)... it finds my movies, music etc on my VortexBox (working great)... Installed the ShareThe.TV addon and it appears to have installed correctly - but it hasn't updated my movies on the website. Have I missed somethingHuh

UPDATE: I tried with 2 skins (Confluence & AEON) - no help!!

Next, I'll try to uninstall/reinstall

UPDATE 2: Read the FAQ (very well-written - thanks to Nick) and learned that I could 'manually' run the add-on (in Programs). That did the trick, although there seems to still be something wrong with the automatic run... Will tackle that one next. Meanwhile, I have movies to watch Smile

Thanks,

- Ray
@tyersch: That makes sense about the export being smart about what is being displayed. I'll keep it in mind when adding features.

@mr.sparkle: Even with only 25 movies on there? What's the use case?

For Hall Pass, yea, I gotta look into that. I don't like manually fixing things from TMDb but I'll see what I can do.

@Psylunne: Thanks! You can trick it by adding movies into xbmc with text files. For example, just create an empty text file and rename to something like Hall.Pass.2011.mkv, and scan it into XBMC as a movie. It doesn't know any different and will send the movie. You can send an email to [email protected] for your ideas/suggestions.

@sandbasser: Enable debugging in the addon and then post a debug log, I'll be able to see what's going on.

On TV support: yes, I'd like to add it in the future. That has always been my original goal. I'm sure one day when I'm really in the mood I'll take a crack at it. No ETA right now. I've liked focusing on improving the movie experience so far, and right now I'm pretty happy with movies.

EDIT: RSS feeds in XBMC now work. Use this URL: http://sharethe.tv/username/feed.rss

I tested in my XBMC and it works fine.
TheDuffMan Wrote:For Hall Pass, yea, I gotta look into that. I don't like manually fixing things from TMDb but I'll see what I can do.

I ran into something like this on some other movies and all it took was a refresh of the tmdb info.

So... i had a quick look and it turns out you have a duplicate of the movie on sharethe.tv (http://sharethe.tv/movies/27183 and http://sharethe.tv/movies/21895)

27183 is the one with the french poster - it links to a translation on TMDB.

Hope this helps. Chris
@TheDuffMan - My problem must be related to my XBMC config. Your addon works perfectly if I run it manually.

Thanks,
Hi this addon looks great - I've signed up to the website, however I can't find/see the addon in the repository where it says it is.

I'm running a pre-11.0 build of xbmc from git - would that be a reason to why i can't see the addon in the repository?
adix Wrote:Hi this addon looks great - I've signed up to the website, however I can't find/see the addon in the repository where it says it is.

I'm running a pre-11.0 build of xbmc from git - would that be a reason to why i can't see the addon in the repository?

The addon author needs to update the addon and submit it to the 'pre-Eden' addon repository.
@TheDuffMan, is that something that may be happening soon?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38