I have tested your change.
The channel logos are displayed!

Now the problems:
Recordings = are no longer displayed
Timers = are no longer displayed
PvrBackground (script.skin.helper.backgrounds) = is no longer displayed
"$INFO[Window(Home).Property(ListItem.ChannelLogo)]" = has no function anymore
And the old problem:
With widget setting "PVR TV Channels widget" (Landscape) squashed posters are displayed again.

Behaviour with original SHS addons (no changes):

"PVR TV Channels widget" channel logos = are no longer displayed
Recordings = works
Timers = works
PvrBackground (script.skin.helper.backgrounds) = works
"$INFO[Window(Home).Property(ListItem.ChannelLogo)]" = has no function anymore
And the old problem:
With widget setting "PVR TV Channels widget" (Landscape) squashed posters are displayed again.

I was able to solve almost all problems, but unfortunately I lack the python knowledge.

MY CHANGE:
pvr.py (script.skin.helper.widgets): https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3134382
change kodidb.py (script.module.metadatautils):
python:
            if "channellogo" in item:
                properties["channellogo"] = item["channellogo"].replace("pvrchannel_tv@", "")
                properties["channelicon"] = item["channellogo"].replace("pvrchannel_tv@", "")

"PVR TV Channels widget" channel logos = are no longer displayed !!
Recordings = works
Timers = works
PvrBackground (script.skin.helper.backgrounds) = works
"$INFO[Window(Home).Property(ListItem.ChannelLogo)]" =  works
"PVR TV Channels widget" (Landscape) with pvr_artwork = works

I think the problem now is to integrate either "replace" or "split" into the definition of "process_channel".

python:
    def process_channel(self, channeldata):
        '''transform the json received from kodi into something we can use'''
        item = {}
        channelname = channeldata["label"]
        channellogo = self.metadatautils.get_clean_image(channeldata['thumbnail'])
        if channeldata.get('broadcastnow'):
            # channel with epg data
            item = channeldata['broadcastnow']
            item["runtime"] = item["runtime"] * 60
            item["genre"] = " / ".join(item["genre"])
            # del firstaired as it's value doesn't make any sense at all
            del item["firstaired"]
            # append artwork
            if self.enable_artwork:
                self.metadatautils.extend_dict(
                    item, self.metadatautils.get_pvr_artwork(
                        item["title"], channelname, item["genre"]))
        else:
            # channel without epg
            item = channeldata
            item["title"] = xbmc.getLocalizedString(161)
        item["file"] = "plugin://script.skin.helper.service?action=playchannel&channelid=%s"\
            % (channeldata["channelid"])
        item["channel"] = channelname
        item["type"] = "channel"
        item["label"] = channelname
        item["channelid"] = channeldata["channelid"]
        if not channellogo:
            channellogo = self.metadatautils.get_channellogo(channelname)
        if channellogo:
            if not item.get("art"):
                item["art"] = {}
            if not item["art"].get("fanart"):
                item["art"]["fanart"] = channellogo
            if not item["art"].get("thumb"):
                item["art"]["thumb"] = channellogo
        item["channellogo"] = channellogo
        item["isFolder"] = False
        return item

I will send you a test version of Titan_mod later.
The version from my repo should be sufficient for testing.

I hope you have an idea.
New version for Nexus are on github...please test
Add new dependency  script.module.infotagger.....info_tag

script.module.metadatautils    version="1.20.0" link
script.skin.helper.service          version="1.20.0" link
script.skin.helper.widgets         version="1.20.0" link
script.tv.show.next.aired          version="8.0.4" link

some cleanup,
new ratings for tvshow TVMaze ,
fixed channellogo PVR
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Good morning,

I tested the 4 Addons on my Win11Pro with Kodi 20 and Nexus Skin. I don't have crashes anymore in this case, when I skip from Movie to TV and back or fast scrolling in my music folders or pictures. Music playing 2h without sometimes occuring dark backgrounds and not displaying logos.

Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
UPDATE - NM, it just took longer to crash, so no this does not solve the issue.

Initial testing indicates that this has solved the issue for me - @Angelinas Thank You!

For folks who use a personal API key for TheAudioDB (this only applies to numeric only API keys which I think are US only) when you update metadatautils you will need to make the following change after the update:

Fix for audiodb api problem

In metadatautils, lib, helpers, theaudiodb.py - replace line near end of py file with - 

endpoint = 'https://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/%s/%s' % (self.api_key, endpoint)
@wags1  @Holzfred  you both use same Mod of AEON MQ8 f
Better read log file......skin is full of error, not blame shs for Kodi crush

something missing in includes.xml or bug in code...
Code:
Skin has invalid include: Animation_Fade
Skin has invalid include: Animation_VisibleChange
Skin has invalid include: VisibleFadeAnimation
Skin has invalid include: Animation_TopPopup
Skin has invalid include: Animation_ViewsCDart
Label Formatting: $VAR[value_poster] is not defined
Label Formatting: $VAR[ArtworkLogo] is not defined
(2023-01-31, 18:26)Angelinas Wrote: @wags1  @Holzfred  you both use same Mod of AEON MQ8 f
Better read log file......skin is full of error, not blame shs for Kodi crush

something missing in includes.xml or bug in code...
Code:
Skin has invalid include: Animation_Fade
Skin has invalid include: Animation_VisibleChange
Skin has invalid include: VisibleFadeAnimation
Skin has invalid include: Animation_TopPopup
Skin has invalid include: Animation_ViewsCDart
Label Formatting: $VAR[value_poster] is not defined
Label Formatting: $VAR[ArtworkLogo] is not defined

@Angelinas Thank you for your help with this. I really don’t know what is causing the crashes. I do know that when I disable SHS I do not get any crashes but that could certainly be due to something that the MQ8 Nexus Mod skin is doing with SHS rather than a problem with SHS itself. Hopefully @latts9923 can find something.
Hi,

i mean that we both use the latest Update 1.0.0.1 from lats. I also see a lot of errors, but not one generated a crash. I know, Win11 is different to Android, but here is the same with the old shs and shsw. After I deactivate this two addons, I don't have any crashes. And now, with the new versions also I don't have any crash.

Anyway, thank you for help

Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
(2023-01-31, 19:53)Holzfred Wrote: Hi,

i mean that we both use the latest Update 1.0.0.1 from lats. I also see a lot of errors, but not one generated a crash. I know, Win11 is different to Android, but here is the same with the old shs and shsw. After I deactivate this two addons, I don't have any crashes. And now, with the new versions also I don't have any crash.

Anyway, thank you for help

Uwe
@Holzfred Appreciate the info. I'm just guessing here but it could be a problem unique to Android.

@Angelinas I know this problem is not with your addons but I've posted new debug logs here and here just in case you see something that might help. Thanks!
This crash issue does not appear to be a problem with the MQ8 Nexus Mod skin. I just did music playback using the default Estuary skin and it crashed right around the same time, 20-30 minutes. Debug log is here - Estuary Debug Log
Ugh, and I'm only running Kodi on Android devices. But yeah, grabbed the latest versions of SHS, SHSW and metadatautils from github. Tried them on a couple diff skins besides MQ8. Used Estuary and Titan Bingie Mod.  Crashity crash crash, when all I'm doing is scrolling thru my movie and tv libraries. Didn't make any difference. 😕
(2023-01-31, 23:41)RCBodyslam Wrote: Ugh, and I'm only running Kodi on Android devices. But yeah, grabbed the latest versions of SHS, SHSW and metadatautils from github. Tried them on a couple diff skins besides MQ8. Used Estuary and Titan Bingie Mod.  Crashity crash crash, when all I'm doing is scrolling thru my movie and tv libraries. Didn't make any difference. 😕
@RCBodyslam Yeah, unfortunately something is not right with Nexus running on Android. Not really clear yet where the problem is.

At this point though I think I know enough to enter a bug report on GitHub. I’ll get it posted tomorrow.
Hello @Angelinas .

Thanks for the update.
You are the best.

Report:
Channel logos in widgets are working. 
But I will need some more time to test everything.

I still have a problem with pvr_artwork retrieval it's probably related to "script.module.thetvdb-1.0.34"?! 
I get this error with some PVR broadcasts.
Example:
Code:
2023-01-31 20:34:19.130 T:13812    info <general>: script.module.metadatautils --> get_pvr_artwork - no data in cache - start lookup - pvr_artwork.doctor who.one hd
2023-01-31 20:34:19.165 T:13812    info <general>: script.module.metadatautils --> pvrart start scraping metadata for title: doctor who - media_type: movie
2023-01-31 20:34:19.167 T:13812    info <general>: script.module.metadatautils --> DEBUG INFO: TVDB lookup: searchtitle: doctor who channel: ONE HD manual_select: true
2023-01-31 20:34:19.171 T:13812    info <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Initialized
2023-01-31 20:34:19.608 T:13812 warning <general>: script.skin.helper.widgets --> Exception details: Type: NameError Value: name 'format_exc' is not defined Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\utils.py", line 211, in process_method_on_list
                                                       all_items = [method_to_run(item) for item in list(items)]
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\utils.py", line 211, in <listcomp>
                                                       all_items = [method_to_run(item) for item in list(items)]
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.widgets\resources\lib\pvr.py", line 147, in process_channel
                                                       item, self.metadatautils.get_pvr_artwork(
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\metadatautils.py", line 147, in get_pvr_artwork
                                                       return self.pvrart.get_pvr_artwork(
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\pvrartwork.py", line 145, in get_pvr_artwork
                                                       details = extend_dict(details, self._mutils.thetvdb.get_series(tvdb_match))
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.simplecache\lib\simplecache.py", line 304, in decorated
                                                       result = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.thetvdb\lib\thetvdb.py", line 165, in get_series
                                                       return self._map_series_data(seriesinfo)
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.thetvdb\lib\thetvdb.py", line 558, in _map_series_data
                                                       local = self._get_local_tz(bns)
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.thetvdb\lib\thetvdb.py", line 779, in _get_local_tz
                                                       local =  utc.to('local')
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.arrow\lib\arrow\arrow.py", line 1069, in to
                                                       dt = self._datetime.astimezone(tz)
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz\_common.py", line 144, in fromutc
                                                       return f(self, dt)
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz\_common.py", line 258, in fromutc
                                                       dt_wall = self._fromutc(dt)
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz\_common.py", line 222, in _fromutc
                                                       dtoff = dt.utcoffset()
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz\tz.py", line 222, in utcoffset
                                                       if self._isdst(dt):
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz\tz.py", line 291, in _isdst
                                                       dstval = self._naive_is_dst(dt)
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz\tz.py", line 260, in _naive_is_dst
                                                       return time.localtime(timestamp + time.timezone).tm_isdst
                                                   OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.widgets\resources\lib\main.py", line 171, in show_widget_listing
                                                       all_items = getattr(media_class, action)()
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.widgets\resources\lib\pvr.py", line 67, in channels
                                                       all_items = self.metadatautils.process_method_on_list(self.process_channel, all_items)
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\metadatautils.py", line 335, in process_method_on_list
                                                       return self._process_method_on_list(*args, **kwargs)
                                                     File "C:\TEST-KODI20\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\utils.py", line 213, in process_method_on_list
                                                       log_msg(format_exc(sys.exc_info()))
                                                   NameError: name 'format_exc' is not defined

2023-01-31 20:34:19.626 T:13812    info <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Exited
2023-01-31 20:34:19.627 T:13812    info <general>: script.module.metadatautils --> Exited
Result at error:
- PVR TV Channels widget = no longer displayed
- pvr_artwork = no display for this channel

Problem solution at the moment:
The erroneous PVR broadcasts is finished or I manually search for pvr-artwork.
The problem with manual pvr_artwork search is, that you don't know which PVR broadcast is causing the error.
Unless you look in the log file.
@Angelinas
Thanks for posting those skin errors in the log! They're now fixed.
This crashing issue is limited to Android. On Windows= Nexus with Titan Bongie Mod & AH2 is solid with literally zero crashes.
Started Happening 2 days ago for me. 
I have tested with Estuary, AH2,Swan, & Titan Bingie Mod. 
Pre the updated 4 Scripts by Angelinas Kodi on android was practically unusable.
After the update crashes are greatly reduced but still do happen.
I am using on Chromecast ( where getting a debug log is a difficult process but will get it soon) & Nvidia Shield 2017
Will disable SHS and start testing 1 addon at a time. 
Used to have a real complicated & extensive kodi setup but wanted speed & reliability hence only use 6-8 Addons and keep it very minimal ( bar the skin). Which was working great especially on android.. NEVER used to have a crash on android until upgraded to v20 automatically. Windows kodi used to be buggy and how the tables have turned.
@Fuchs2468
   Add in                                                   script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\utils line 17
Code:
from traceback import format_exc
And test again...just to avoid error missing format_exc

For timezone need full log..next time Smile
  • 304(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18