• 41(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)
(2024-05-14, 23:48)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @latts9923
After the reset, view and switch are both reset to default. After importing saved settings the switch changes to MQ8 (the saved position) but the actual view is default. So, the mismatch between the switch and actual view remains.
@latts9923 I am observing the same behaviour.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
Hello everyone,
This is exactly what I did:
New clean install MQ9, configured/personalized, all working smoothly, no errors, no red circle...
->Backup skin settings ->skin settings, reset skin back to default -> red circle showing 10% ... 5 seconds later red circle showing 100 -> received a messaged that lasted 2 seconds or less "Finalizing settings" -> skin went back to main window, concerts window was shown, OK message on top -> went back to skin settings -> selected restore skin and picked up last skin backup file, 5 seconds later received all OK message -> navigated back to main menu, all seemed OK -> of all of the views, the only one I like is Multiplex (view 38) since after the restore view and switch are both reset to default as @juan Mortyme and @andrzejls report so I had to re do the steps per Latts instructions, selected default info views, switched to MQ8/7 view and extended view, both times I had the OK prompt, tested it, all good, no errors, all working OK. So the skin back up does not save the status of the current view after a back up and defaults back to default.
The only thing I noticed while I did the restore and the switching is that my CPU usage spiked and the cooling fans ramped up, this is a closed loop water cooled system, I confirmed it by doing all of the mentioned steps a second time and monitoring the Kodi processes and the Fans' RPM so that is telling me that momentarily the process demands god processing power, this could be an issue with under-powered devices.
Log @  Log file 1.2.5 test 
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
Best regards,
Giloz Lodiaz ECE, MCS.
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
(2024-05-14, 23:49)Gilogo Wrote: In the meantime, can you please write down your steps so we can compare?
Sure, of course.

- executable and fully set up (german) version with Kodi Omega and skin version 1.23 on Windows 11 x64 fully patched
- %APPDATA% is also in german under C:\USERS\[USERNAME]\Appdata\Roaming
- An administrator account is logged in on the PC
- Machine Intel I9 3.9GhZ (OC 5GHz), Nvidia 2070 RTX OC, 64GB RAM
- install either version 1.24 or 1.25 - result is the same
- Installation either via auto-update, repo or ZIP or manual copy - the result is the same
- Skin is executable and can be used
- follow these steps:
Quote:*This update will require another skin reset for new settings to be forced to settings.xml. To keep from losing your current settings, make sure you export your skin settings (SKIN SETTINGS ► RESTORE SETTINGS ► EXPORT SKIN SETTINGS) before you install the update. After installing the update you will need to reset the skin and then import the latest settings export.

I perform the reset as follows:
- Skin Settings -> Restore Skin Settings -> Show Skin Reset Button (Temporary) -> activate
- Reset skin over menu

Then the loop starts. And I have no chance to stop it. If I close Kodi with Alt+F4 or via the task manager, the setup starts again when I restart Kodi. Any reset will have the same result. Even if I remove the entire Kodi folder under %APPDATA% and use a completely basic version of Kodi and install version 1.24 or 1.25 directly, I end up in the loop again. This eliminates the need to reset the skin.

Now, while writing, I realized that I need to export the settings before installing the update. However, I can't imagine that the late export has any influence on resetting the skin because I can't import these settings at all.
(2024-05-14, 23:50)andrzejls Wrote: Could it be Windows version of Kodi issue?.

I don't think so, at least not within Kodi. The Windows version 1.23 can be installed perfectly on the same PC and the same Kodi installation.
Which brings us back to the point that from version 1.24 onwards something doesn't work correctly, at least on Windows.
(2024-05-15, 00:46)Gilogo Wrote: -> skin went back to main window, concerts window was shown, OK message on top
And that point doesn't work on my system. Here starts the loop.

If you are installing on a new system, you should see certain prerequisites when installing from the repo. This addon should be missing:
Quote:script.skin.helper.colorpicker-2.0.3 (Not available)
Without this addon installed, Kodi refuses to install the skin - even via ZIP.
Which version do you have installed?
@knarf2570
@Gilogo
@andrzejls
Try this version of the Video Info reset script. I think this will fix your infinite loop after a reset.

@Juan Mortyme
@andrzejls
Try resetting the skin again, but select the MQ 8 Video Info button before you restore your skin settings. That worked for me.
(2024-05-14, 12:32)latts9923 Wrote: @Juan Mortyme
I didn't think about the Video Info reset script being the culprit. I took another look at that script and I removed some unnecessary code. Try another skin reset using this version of the script. After the reset, you should have "SHOW DEFAULT VIDEO INFO" enabled in the Top Menu and it should display the MQ 9 Video Info screen.
Everyone having trouble with the reset loop can try this, if updating from v1.2.3 or v1.2.4:
1) Export (backup) your skin setting.
2) Install the v1.2.5 of the skin by whichever method you prefer. Let the install finish but do not do a settings reset yet. At this point you should probably shut Kodi down.
3) Download the script from the link above. UPDATE while I was writing this latts9923 posted a new fix. Get it here.
4) Replace the defaultvideoinfo_reset.py script (located in skin "\addons\skin.aeonmq9.mod\scripts" folder) with the one you just downloaded.
5) Restart Kodi.
6) Now, after you've replaced the script, do the Setting Reset. It should finish without getting stuck in a loop.
7) Import your previously saved skin settings.
8) When in a movie view go to the top menu and select the Info View and Extended Info View of your choice. This step is still not restored automatically yet.

If doing a fresh install you could either:
1) Install v1.2.3 and then follow the steps above; or
2) Download the script. Unzip the v1.2.5 file and replace the script. Repack the zip and use the install from zip method.

BEWARE! No matter which method you use, if it is the first install of the MQ9 or MQ9mod you will no doubt encounter a problem were the install 'hangs' during the Finalizing Setting part. This a well known bug that has been around since the beginning of MQ9 and not related to the current 'loop' bug. To get around this 'hanging' hit the backspace key numerous times rapidly.. 

Hopefully this temp fix will allow you get the skin installed and allow you to keep your settings until the issue is completely resolved.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.7
(2024-05-15, 12:31)latts9923 Wrote: @knarf2570
@Gilogo
@andrzejls
Try this version of the Video Info reset script. I think this will fix your infinite loop after a reset.

Okay, because I only have one PC with an active Kodi, which no longer seemed reliable to me after numerous attempts with the different versions, I took the chance to completely reinstall Kodi. And I wanted to install via the repo to keep the easy update option. So I uninstalled Kodi and removed all directories, so I had a "fresh" installation environment.

Here are my steps and the respective results:
- Kodi 21.0 Omega installed - no settings within Kodi except for enabling ZIP installations from repos for the next step
- Latts repo installed via ZIP
- Dependencies for the skin installed via the repo
- Skin installed
- Switched to skin
- Loop
- Quit Kodi and restarted it
- Loop
- Exit Kodi again
- replaced the provided defaultextendedinfoscript.py from LATTS with the existing one, which is significantly larger than the revised version.
- Restarted Kodi
- Configuration runs through without any further loop and the main menu appears.

Now I can also perform a reset in the skin and the configuration is completed again without any problems. I noticed that the last step "finalizing setting" is visible for a much longer time, so I think it had never been completed correctly before. But that is just a subjective observation. 
I think the "defaultextendedinfoscript.py" from the installation package is the problem on some Windows installations. I think if you integrate the revised version of the defaultextendedinfoscript.py into your installation package, everyone should be able to install the skin again as before - regardless of the installation type and operating system.

This would definitely settle my case.
Thanks to everyone for the support.
@Gilogo
@andrzejls

@Juan Mortyme
@andrzejls
Try resetting the skin again, but select the MQ 8 Video Info button before you restore your skin settings. That worked for me.
@latts9923
- Infinite loop
1. Attached USB SSD with Windows 11 Home
1a. Downloaded and installed Kodi 21.0 for Windows 64
1b. Installed Kodi
1c. From your "lattsrepo/master/omega/" downloaded your 4.2 repo.zip
1d. Started Kodi and from Add-Ons --> install from zip installed your repo.
1e. From your repo started installation of MQ9 1.2.5
1f. Regardles id I select (at ~ 70%) skin install "switch to the skin" or not and then after restarting Kodi Selecting MQ9 result is "circle" loop. Skin cannot be installed at this point and the only remedy is to delete "data"
I got the same results when installing from zip file of 1.2.4 and 1.2.5. While in MQ8 1.2.3. I also went through same procedure on Nvidia Shield Pro and got same results.
Temporary solution (IMHO)
!. Need to have MQ9 1.2.3 version in latts repo for "Install from Repo" option. Right now only 1.2.5 is available and it has a "bug". Installation from "zip" on 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.4 comes back with "Failed dependency"
1a. @latts9923 can you idevtify what "dependency" is required?
2. If and when "dependency" question is resolved, install MQ9 1.2.3 from latts repo (once is provided) and then
2a. Install Kodi Backup from Kodi repo.
2b. Create backup of working Kodi with ALL your custom settings.
2c. Install "Skin Backup" add on.
2d. Create "Skib backup"
3. Upgrade MQ9 1.2.3 to 1.2.5 using "Install from repository" option.
3a. Restore your "Skin Backup".

@latts9923 Could you elaborate on this?.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
@Gilogo
@andrzejls

@Juan Mortyme
@andrzejls
@latts9923
OK, that worked. But I've got to ask, if one has to change the switch between reset and import of settings, how is that an improvement on having to redo the switches after importing? I thought the point was to have the saved state automatically applied? Just wondering.
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.7
(2024-05-15, 11:00)knarf2570 Wrote:
(2024-05-15, 00:46)Gilogo Wrote: -> skin went back to main window, concerts window was shown, OK message on top
And that point doesn't work on my system. Here starts the loop.

If you are installing on a new system, you should see certain prerequisites when installing from the repo. This addon should be missing:
Quote:script.skin.helper.colorpicker-2.0.3 (Not available)
Without this addon installed, Kodi refuses to install the skin - even via ZIP.
Which version do you have installed?
Hello
@knarf2570 A long while back, when Latts9923 started doing his mods, he posted the requirements for his mods, so what I do before a new install, I make sure I have all of the required dependencies installed first. An easy way to find any dependencies required, is selecting the skin, then clicking the letter "i" for information then selecting dependencies and from there you can make sure you have everything needed, you can also open the proper .xml file and look at the required section.
->(tested) I did it again following your steps and I had 0 issues, all working OK.
I am glad it is working for you now, and you can always install another version of Kodi in the same system as your daily driver, all you have to do is install it as portable, you can even do this to test before you update/upgrade your main system.

Gilogo
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
@latts9923
I tested the new script in several systems including one where the original Kodi version installed was 18 and has been to 3 upgrades and all worked beautifully, the only thing I had to do was set my preferences to set the MQ8 view and extended view in which both settings were not carried by the skin settings backup file. (I don't mind doing this manually).
I will be more than happy to be your beta tester, or to help anyone in anything that I can.
Last but not least, ¿can you please bring the pause screen customization as in MQ7?
Thank you so very much!
ECE, MCS.
For anybody who needs them, here is a direct link to the skin v1.2.3 zip file and all the currently required dependencies from latts9923 repo:
repository.lattsrepo-​​​-4.0.2
skin.aeonmq9.mod-1.2.3
script.artwork.helper-0.9.2
script.grab.fanart-0.16.0 (I could not find in repo but here is the github link. Click on the green button and select Download Zip)
script.image.resource.select-3.0.2
script.libraryeditor-3.0.0
script.skin.helper.colorpicker-2.0.3
(2024-05-15, 22:21)Juan Mortyme Wrote: For anybody who needs them, here is a direct link to the skin zip file and all the currently required dependencies from latts9923 repo:
script.grab.fanart-0.16.0 (I could not find in reop)
Thank you!
The script script.grab.fanart-0.16.0.zip can be downloaded from the official Repo. But here is the direct link:
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/omega/scr...0.16.0.zip
Best wishes everyone!
Edit, removed links per Juan Mortyme's advice.
ECE, MCS.
(2024-05-15, 22:33)Gilogo Wrote:
(2024-05-15, 22:21)Juan Mortyme Wrote: For anybody who needs them, here is a direct link to the skin zip file and all the currently required dependencies from latts9923 repo:
repository.lattsrepo-​​​-4.0.2
skin.aeonmq9.mod-1.2.5
script.artwork.helper-0.9.2
script.grab.fanart-0.16.0 (I could not find in reop)
script.image.resource.select-3.0.2
script.libraryeditor-3.0.0
script.skin.helper.colorpicker-2.0.3
Please don't use links in my quote as a couple are wrong. Go back a couple of posts to my original post #613 which I was editing at the time Gilogo made his post including the unedited quote. The links in the original should all be correct now. Sorry for any confusion.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)0