• 36(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
(2019-10-29, 11:11)billmartian Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 10:44)Henke123 Wrote: Hi

Im pretty new to this "manual" skin section for Kodi. I have only in past using the skins avaliable in the Kodi default repo. 
I found out yesterday about this skin and it blow my mind. Looks amazing.

Couple of newbie questions:
- Is there a repo to install this skin from? Reason for asking is that i use Kodi on a Nvidia Shield (Android TV) and its quite a mess to work with files in a file explorer for Android. At least i have not been able to find a nice one.
- I have understood that this mod can list the ratings from Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB etc for movies. Is that something it will scrap from internet when you update/add a movie? Or is there some manual work to add the data to some .nfo or similar?
- Since ratings etc changes during time is there a way to keep the ratings up to date in Kodi? Like is there some features / scrips that scraps the ratings for all movies?
- I saw on youtube there was a great guide how to install Aeon MQ 7 Mod. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wLLEOXMVdI Is there any similar to M8 Multi-Mod?

/Henrik
@Henke123 

Hi,
Just trying to help you on a couple issues here, hope i'm right cause am still learning..... Smile

First you need to istall the office Aeon MQ8 skin, this is a MOD for it, you can find it here MQ8
Once you have installed it, you can copy this Multi-Mod over the location where your system have installed the skin

I do also have an android box (ZiDOO 10) so i assume they are on the sme location, i dont know it by heart, but can look it up for you later this evening, am not at home atm, am at work.
To copy those files, you do however need for example a filebrowser on your android box running.
I do use EZ File Manager for android, once installed you have to enable the ftp deamon. Then you can reach it from your PC and copy the files.

Like i said, am not at home right now, but can write it out in more details when i get home.
For the "ratings" you can use "universal scraper when you scrape your movies. there is a setting in universal scraper for it.

Best Regards
Pete. 
Hi Pete

Thank you for your quick feedback! 

I have installed the official skin from MQ8 already. Its just the copy the mod version then thats missing. 
Do EZ File Manager still exist on Android TV, I couldnt find it yesterday. Il take a look later today also.

How to avoid that when the official MQ8 is updated so it wont overwrite the Moded version?

What is the biggest difference between Aeon MQ7 and MQ8? I saw that MQ7 has a repo.
Liking the Music MODs a lot.  Thanks @latts9923.

FYI for all, if you are bothered by the non-display of the MP3 emblem on your Fullscreen visualisations, do a global replace of [audiocodec_path] with [musiccodec_path] in MusicVisualisation.xml.  There are three of them.  For whatever reason all the other codec's displayed fine beforehand.
@jasn

Thanks...you're welcome!

I'll take another look at the mp3 icon. I thought I had all of those fixed.
@latts9923
Thank you for your enormous work with these skins. They are really wonderful. All the people and friends to whom I show your designs have been speechless.
I would like to know: is it possible to eliminate the black background in the posters?

I love the lower design for my collections, but I have my posters for my collections in box-shaped .png with perspective, so since they are not flat like the poster of a single film, since there is transparent space, the excess is filled With black background.
This does not happen with the right list view, where they look beautiful and clean. In some types of view that black background also appears, in others not. (I will leave an example here of one of my artworks for my collections). My artworks are all standardized with the measurements of fanart 1000x1426px. Even those of each movie.

Thank you very much in advance, I really appreciate what you have achieved and the beauty of your designs.

FULL SIZE
(2019-10-29, 13:57)Henke123 Wrote: Do EZ File Manager still exist on Android TV, I couldnt find it yesterday. Il take a look later today also.

Is not

Try  FX File Explorer no ads and pro version available too.
(2019-10-31, 13:22)HRSCR Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 13:57)Henke123 Wrote: Do EZ File Manager still exist on Android TV, I couldnt find it yesterday. Il take a look later today also.

Is not

Try  FX File Explorer no ads and pro version available too. 
Hi

I managed to get this to work. There is a built in feature in Nvidia Shield to let a computer access its file system. I just enabled that and now can view the files from my PC. 

Anyhow so i took the Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod files and replaced with the already existing. Started up Kodi and everything looked the same Smile Didnt realise that i was running the moded version until i went in to the movie section and took a look at the rating there i could see rottentomatoes etc. I didnt see that with the original version.

One last question, to what folder should i put the extra themes so I can enable them in Kodi? Can someone tell me the path on Android where to put the files.
ALCON,

I have been given permission from the Kodi team to bring TVTunes back from the dead. Read here for more info.
@latts9923 

when will the next update come from you?
@latioboy

I'm going to add all the 3D views, so it might take a while before the next update is released.
Hi,

Can I install this on my Nvidia Shield? If so, how do I do this? (please tell in in noob languague Smile)
Don't dream your life, live your dream
(2019-11-03, 10:27)THX-UltraII Wrote: Hi,

Can I install this on my Nvidia Shield? If so, how do I do this? (please tell in in noob languague Smile)

Just find the skins ---> more ---> there it is.

Install straight
@latts9923 

Unfortunately, I had to remove your MOD Skin from my Kodi :-(
When scrapping the films, some films do not take over original German titles

I have now installed the original Aeon MQ8 Skin (without mod).
Everything works quite well so far

Unfortunately I miss there two functions

I miss under movie information (see picture) the logo and discart function
The logo comb rolled up to the appearance, and Discard combed out and turned.

Is it possible to add these functions to a skin (without MOD)?
Would you really be grateful if you helped me.

Maybe you can send me finished files so that I have to copy them under "skin.aeonmq8" into it.

@latioboy

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by "films do not take over original German titles"...sorry, not following you yet. If I can understand what the problem is I might be able to fix it in the Mod.
@latts9923 

I had the problem with some movies that not original title (Movie name). When scraping

an example is this movie as seen in the picture (The Bouncer), when I select The Bouncer, the movie title will be taken over by Lukas instead of The Bouncer

Have the problem synonymous with some other films.

I did not have this problem with MQ7.
If I want to install, I get an error indicated that it does not work.

I currently have MQ 8 on it Without MOD function, and the problem I have not.

I can not install the Skin Aeon MQ 8 MOD anymore under Kodi Leia 18.4.
@latioboy

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod10