Aeon MQ8 : How to hide the volume bar on top of the screen?
Hi,

I am using Kodi on my Nvidia Shield. With this Aeon MQ8 skin, there is a permanent volume bar at the top of the screen. 

On the left I can read volume then a bar then 00 bB all in blue. It is there all the time even when I play a film. Very annoying...

How can I get rid of this bar?

It does not change when I actually reduce or increase the volume with my shield remote. When I change the volume with the remote I see the regular shield volume bar showing up on the screen. It does not affect this skin volume bar stuck at the top...

Thanks for any help.
Did you try reinstalling the skin
(2019-05-20, 22:54)the_bo Wrote: Did you try reinstalling the skin

I tried to restore default settings for this skin. I also changed for another skin and came back to this one. No change.
Did you uninstall it completely?
(2019-05-20, 22:59)the_bo Wrote: Did you uninstall it completely?

How can I uninstall it completely? From the theme menu, I can only add new theme but how can I delete one?

Should I reinstall Kodi completely?
(2019-05-20, 23:05)Marcel06 Wrote:

How can I uninstall it completely? From the theme menu, I can only add new theme but how can I delete one?

Settings --> add-ons --> my add-ons --> all --> aeon mq 8 --> uninstall

Then reinstall go to settings --> interface --> skin --> aeon mq 8--> install
(2019-05-20, 23:20)the_bo Wrote:
(2019-05-20, 23:05)Marcel06 Wrote:

Settings --> add-ons --> my add-ons --> all --> aeon mq 8 --> uninstall

Then reinstall go to settings --> interface --> skin --> aeon mq 8--> install 

Thank you. I managed to uninstall then reinstall this skin but the volume bar remains at the top once I activate this skin. This is annoying because the skin is very promissing.
@Marcel06

Do you see the volume bar with other skins as well? It could be a controller/peripheral you have plugged into the Shield.
(2019-05-22, 13:24)latts9923 Wrote: @Marcel06

Do you see the volume bar with other skins as well? It could be a controller/peripheral you have plugged into the Shield.
I only see this particular bar with this skin. There is nothing new plugged into my shield, just my TV.
(2019-05-22, 23:04)Marcel06 Wrote:

I only see this particular bar with this skin. There is nothing new plugged into my shield, just my TV.

ImageImage 
(2019-05-22, 23:08)Marcel06 Wrote:

ImageImage

https://postimg.cc/gallery/hlx0dgfc/ for larger pics.
(2019-05-22, 23:08)Marcel06 Wrote:

ImageImage
I have just realized my pics were too small to actually notice the behaviors...

1) The permanent volume bar at the top in blue from the skin... The one I would like to get rid of either using the interface or through a manual change in XML parameters if one could say where...

2) The permanent volume bar from the skin AND the shield volume bar below when I actually change the volume with the Shield remote (regular expected behavior).

Anyone gets an idea? Same behavior?
you can try using the web interface to adjust the volume or a remote control app for you phone and see if that works
(2019-05-20, 22:42)Marcel06 Wrote: Hi,

I am using Kodi on my Nvidia Shield. With this Aeon MQ8 skin, there is a permanent volume bar at the top of the screen. 

On the left I can read volume then a bar then 00 bB all in blue. It is there all the time even when I play a film. Very annoying...

How can I get rid of this bar?

It does not change when I actually reduce or increase the volume with my shield remote. When I change the volume with the remote I see the regular shield volume bar showing up on the screen. It does not affect this skin volume bar stuck at the top...

Thanks for any help.
Hi!

I know this is a bit late in the day but I still experience the same problem with a volume bar stuck at the top of the screen. I love and have been using the Aeon Nox Silvo for years now and am very happy with it. The issue is not with the skin but with the Shield Controller. The right hand analogue stick adjust the top volume bar which for some reason sticks on. It's weird you have 2 independent volume controls the one that comes on at the top of the screen and volume slider at the right hand side of the screen which you adjust with the touch sensitive part of the Shield remote or controller. The only fix I have found is if you go into the Settings, Remotes & Accessories and Shield Accessories and forget the Shield controllern the bar will vanish. If you press a button on the controller to reactivate it go back into Kodi the bar remains hidden just don't touch the right analogue stick on the controller. Hope this is not to late in helping you and that it helps you.

Regards

Lee

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ8 : How to hide the volume bar on top of the screen?1