• 162(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
Hi All,

I upgraded to kodi 20 nexus and installed the skin AEON MQ8 mod for nexus. I disabled both SHS and SHW.
I am experiencing the same problems already reported by other users (Color picker addon doesn't work, no Studios text and icon are displayed in Righ List and Widget view (no other views I've tested), no media posters are displayed when the Favorites sub widget is selected) and I would like to report two more.

When starting kodi, I get an error on the Addon Metadata editor and the the movies sets are not displayed correctly in SETS view

As for the problem on the Addon metadata.editor, I report below a piece of the Kodi.log file:
xml:

2023-01-29 19:19:27.405 T:840     error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.metadata.editor\service.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.helper import *
                                                     File "...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.metadata.editor\resources\lib\helper.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                       ADDON_DATA_PATH = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath("special://profile/addon_data/%s" % ADDON_ID))
                                                   AttributeError: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

As for the problem on the Addon skin.helper.colorpicker, I report below a piece of the Kodi.log file:
xml:

2023-01-29 19:23:34.370 T:16184   error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.colorpicker\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                       import resources.lib.ColorPicker as cp
                                                     File "...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.colorpicker\resources\lib\ColorPicker.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                       COLORFILES_PATH = xbmc.translatePath("special://profile/addon_data/%s/colors/" % ADDON_ID)
                                                   AttributeError: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

Always regarding the "translation" topic, in different parts of Kodi log the following error occurrs:
xml:

2023-01-29 19:23:17.435 T:13576   error <general>: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary

Is it possible to somehow recover these features?

Thanks everyone for any help
@Jumpy73
Try using the latest code for Color Picker.

It looks like the Metadata Editor code needs the same update.

I thought I had fixed that videolibrary error. I'll take another look.
(2023-01-30, 15:44)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73
Try using the latest code for Color Picker.

It looks like the Metadata Editor code needs the same update.

I thought I had fixed that windowlibrary error. I'll take another look.
Hi @latts9923

Thanks to the new code for Color Picker the error has been fixed and no error into the kodi.log file is now present. Do you have a similar fix for Metadata Editor code?
@latts9923 As an android user should I wait to update till some of the adons have updated?
@martinsvision
There are Nexus versions now available for Metadatautils, Skin Helper Service, Skin Helper Service Widgets, and TV Show Next Aired. Read here for more info.

@Jumpy73
The Metadata Editor error has been reported to sualfred on Github.
Does anyone know how to fix the SMB for android I forget how to get it to discover shares ??
Hi.
I've installed the new versions of SHS and SHSW. Under Windows it seems to work, that's why I've tried it on Android too. But on Android it still crashes every time Kodi starts, nearly exact as the older version. The only difference is, now it lasts around 45-60 seconds before the crash. With the older version it was less than 2 seconds.  So you can find the time to deactivate SHS before it crashes, if you're quick enough. But SHS is definitely still not usable for sure, at least on Android.
---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, Claus

https://modellbahnblog.de/buddy-tools/
(2023-01-31, 13:46)latts9923 Wrote: The Metadata Editor error has been reported to sualfred on Github.

Thanks @latts9923 
There on Github sualfred says that "These are known issues see #25 #26".

Unfortunately the dates of these two known issues seem to be 10/10/2021 and 13/08/2022 respectively... The fact that even today they have not yet been closed does not bode well
(2023-01-31, 13:46)latts9923 Wrote: There are Nexus versions now available for Metadatautils, Skin Helper Service, Skin Helper Service Widgets, and TV Show Next Aired. Read [url=https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?]

I've installed those updated versions of addons but I still have:
- no studios text and icon displayed in right list and widget views
- no country, genre, studios text and studio icon displayed in right list view
- all now works for movie sets in Sets view (even studios icon in mediabar)

I'm on Windows machine, no tests done jet on android platform

Hope this help

EDIT: I left kodi open for some time and when I came back I realized that for the selected movie it had returned the missing information... verified it behaves well even moving to other movies

Not yet tested on Android platform, but on Windows machine it seems to work
(2023-02-04, 15:10)Jumpy73 Wrote:
(2023-01-31, 13:46)latts9923 Wrote: The Metadata Editor error has been reported to sualfred on Github.

Thanks @latts9923 
There on Github sualfred says that "These are known issues see #25 #26".

Unfortunately the dates of these two known issues seem to be 10/10/2021 and 13/08/2022 respectively... The fact that even today they have not yet been closed does not bode well
You can download the Nexus version (3.0.1+nexus) here.
https://repo.kodinerds.net/index.php?act...ion=nexus/

At the bottom in the middle click on download.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2023-02-04, 15:40)MB1968 Wrote: You can download the Nexus version (3.0.1+nexus) here.
https://repo.kodinerds.net/index.php?act...ion=nexus/
Hi @MB1968 

now it works and no error occurs... many thanks for the suggested link
(2023-02-04, 17:12)Jumpy73 Wrote: Hi @MB1968 

now it works and no error occurs... many thanks for the suggested link

You're welcome.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2023-01-29, 12:29)andrzejls Wrote: You need to include in file name HDR and 10bit. For instance : "MoveName.Year.HDR.10bit.4K.mkv"

Where should I include it
(2023-02-05, 11:43)robyn68 Wrote: Where should I include it

In the video's filename, add whatever suffixes are applicable: hdr, 10bit, 3d, sbs, 4k, etcetera.
Hello,
Here's a conundrum!
Using the Johnybee Mod in music
For one of my Artists, Gomez, artist is identified correctly and correct albums are being shown, however the banner and clear logo are showing 'Selena Gomez'!
Anybody know how I could fix this?
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0