Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yea, thats what i suspect.. if u repull the branch you 'should' get the remote images as a fallback
(2012-04-21, 04:36)DPickles Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-21, 02:16)oneadvent Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Looking great. Two things:

1. Can we get notifications built in?
2. Can we get a TVHeadEnd Icon?

Thanks!

Notifications of what exactly?

Sorry to be unclear. I mean notifications as in where you can send a message to xbmc to display. IE: "Time for bed, turn off the TV" to a childs tv. I sometimes need to send messages to my wife (who wont look at her phone when a movie is on) and that is super useful.

Thanks!
(2012-04-19, 05:17)hernandito Wrote: [ -> ]Something like the mockup I just made would be great....

Please know that I do not have the skills to do this... all I can do is come up with the idea.

I just got a bad case of DejaVu!
(2012-04-21, 14:33)oneadvent Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-21, 04:36)DPickles Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-21, 02:16)oneadvent Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Looking great. Two things:

1. Can we get notifications built in?
2. Can we get a TVHeadEnd Icon?

Thanks!

Notifications of what exactly?

Sorry to be unclear. I mean notifications as in where you can send a message to xbmc to display. IE: "Time for bed, turn off the TV" to a childs tv. I sometimes need to send messages to my wife (who wont look at her phone when a movie is on) and that is super useful.

Thanks!

This was already made, but the recent changes or moreso, a better may of calling different servers, made to the master means it's not going to work.

@NEMIS15, if you get 5 minutes, d'you mind taking a look at the Notications module saved on my repo and see if can be adapted?
Loving the Trakt Module BTW! Great job!
dejavu, https://github.com/N3MIS15/maraschino/tr...otications

Its current with master using the servers defined in server settings. i also made it possible to change the event server port.
Very nice project Two quick things though. How do you change the XBMC connection settings after the initial setup (I've had to change the port) and how do get the artwork to show up when accessing from a remote device (i.e. the artwork for upcoming TV shows works fine when accessing on the machine the server is running on but not on any other devices)?

Any plans to add headphones support?
(2012-04-22, 03:52)Essay Wrote: [ -> ]How do you change the XBMC connection settings after the initial setup (I've had to change the port)

The newest release moved the settings menu to the top right corner. There is no icon for it like the top left menu. Just move your mouse to the top right and it drops down.
(2012-04-22, 03:52)Essay Wrote: [ -> ]Any plans to add headphones support?

Headphones devs have recently added an api, although i have not seen any documentation for it... So its possible to make a module now. I might give it a shot sometime during the week
@N3MIS15
Thanks for all the work you have done in creating/modifying add-ons Wink
I tested latest TraktPlus, Disk Space Names and your latest XBMC Notifications and they all work perfect on my OpenELEC system.

Only issue i have now is that i'm unable to add disk but that seems to be an OpenELEC issue. (invalid path errors)
(2012-04-22, 04:54)mach170 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-22, 03:52)Essay Wrote: [ -> ]How do you change the XBMC connection settings after the initial setup (I've had to change the port)

The newest release moved the settings menu to the top right corner. There is no icon for it like the top left menu. Just move your mouse to the top right and it drops down.

Ah, ok thanks. I've been struggling a bit with the settings because I mostly use an iPad to access my HTPC setup.

With ipad you can get to the module settings by touching the background with 2 fingers (double tap) and the server settings you can touch the top right of the screen to show the menu. Its a bit sketchy at times but its possible.
Our dude N3MIS15 has thought of everything. Wink
Loads of time tinkering and playing with ideas.

Thanks again for all the time & effort your putting into Maraschino N3MIS15. Hugely appreciated.
Im having problems with the images aswell. They dont come up. According to the log the files are made but if i look for them, there are no trakt folder under static. Accessed via wan windows 7 64 bit

(2012-04-21, 10:58)N3MIS15 Wrote: [ -> ]can you give me the url of an image and also check if the images are being created in /static/images/trakt. check if there is anything in the log as well
EDIT: i just pushed a change to use the remote image if maraschino is unable to create the files

I have a question from something a while back:

(2011-11-07, 04:25)percula Wrote: [ -> ]Maraschino “how to” for Ubuntu 11.10

Setting up apache:

Code:
xbmc-user@ubuntu:~$ sudo gedit /etc/apache2/sites-available/default

Here is my default file, note that I replaced the existing config with mine.
Note I have a local account and group called “xbmc-user” that I created during the Ubuntu install. So below use your regular username/groupname in the default file

Code:
<VirtualHost *>
    WSGIDaemonProcess maraschino user=xbmc-user group=xbmc-user threads=5
    WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/maraschino/maraschino.wsgi

<Directory /var/www/maraschino>
        WSGIProcessGroup maraschino
        WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

How would I add that to an already edited etc/apache2/sites-available/default file? Everytime I try to add it to my etc/apache2/sites-available/default file in any location I ruin my rutorrent set up (MY.IP.ADDRESS/rutorrent will not load).

My current /etc/apache2/sites-available/default file is here:

pastebin.com/EMCLMwYw

How should I edit it for maraschino to be at MY.IP.ADDRESS/

Any advice?!

Much Appreciated!

The Capt.
Any change someone can make a quick guide on how to personlize Mara?

how to reduce the space between the modules, the collums, Change the default background etc.

Thanks in advance.
I can help with the backgrounds now.. the rest i am unsure of.

To have custom backgrounds make a folder called custom in 'path-to-maraschino/static/images/backgrounds/' and place your images in there. Then in maraschino goto the top right menu and choose 'Misc settings' and enable 'use random background when not watching media' If the custom folder is there it will use images from that folder. If not it will use the supplied images

All the 'hidden' features in maraschino will be better documented soon.

With the trakt images.. im not sure whats going wrong here.. i test on win7 x64 machine using the dev server, i just tried with cherrypy server and it worked fine for me aswell. could you give me the absolute path to your maraschino install so i can run some tests..

Thanks to everyone testing this stuff, Im still very new to python and coding in general so every bit of testing helps Wink