Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-18, 15:55)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]Nice tutorial. I have one question though. Several days ago I was going to upload some movie themes to the televisiontunes website but never found an upload link. Could someone post the link?

Looking at the "wanted page" it may be by E-mail only:

http://www.televisiontunes.com/missing-songs.php

Rob
I'm using XBMC 12.2 with TVTunes 3.1.6 under the Alaska Revisited skin. I'm having issues where sometimes the theme does not play or that it does play and it'll just stop in the middle of it. The other issue is when I'm browsing episodes for TV shows, the theme doesn't play in there. It only plays in the seasons view. The file types that are being used are .mp3 and .flac files.
(2013-10-19, 00:08)iJunaid Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using XBMC 12.2 with TVTunes 3.1.6 under the Alaska Revisited skin. I'm having issues where sometimes the theme does not play or that it does play and it'll just stop in the middle of it. The other issue is when I'm browsing episodes for TV shows, the theme doesn't play in there. It only plays in the seasons view. The file types that are being used are .mp3 and .flac files.

The stopping in a tv show episode list may be fixed by this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1526764

For the other issue, you may want to check that you have updated the skin hooks correctly.

Rob
Hi guys.
Hope that this is where the post belongs; otherwise please tell me and I'll gladly move it.
Thanks for your efforts on this. I love XMBC and was really alright with 11 version, but decided to upgrade to 12.
Then I got many issues. One of them is with this addon and the following log

Quote:20:44:52 T:7764 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - The source file to load is C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\default.py
20:44:52 T:7764 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - Setting the Python path to C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.chardet\lib;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.beautifulsoup\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simple.downloader\lib;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.mechanize\lib;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.parsedom\lib;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib;C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.elementtree\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pysqlite\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\python26.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages;
20:44:52 T:7764 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - Entering source directory C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes
20:44:52 T:8660 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.tv.show.next.aired" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
20:44:52 T:7764 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.tvtunes" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
20:44:52 T:7764 DEBUG: script.tvtunes: script version 3.0.8 started
20:44:52 T:7764 DEBUG: script.tvtunes: params {'backend': 'True'}
20:44:52 T:7764 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xed' in position 28: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\default.py", line 46, in <module>
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunScript(%s,loop=%s&downvolume=%s&smb=%s&user=%s&password=%s)' % (os.path.join(__resource__ , "tvtunes_backend.py"), loop , downvolume , smb , username , password))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xed' in position 28: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:44:52 T:7764 INFO: Python script stopped
20:44:52 T:7764 DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 7764 terminating
20:44:52 T:1080 DEBUG: waiting for python thread 6 (C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\default.py) to stop
20:44:52 T:1080 DEBUG: python thread 6 (C:\Users\Mart�n\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\default.py) destructed
20:44:52 T:1080 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

Could you please lend me a hand on this?
I have renamed my userdata folder and happens the same.
My system is Windows 7 x64, using XBMC 12.2 (compiled may 2 2013)

Thanks in advance.

Martín.-
Hi Martin,

Looks like this is due to the username on your machine. It appears you are running the last official release of TvTunes, please read the following if you are interested in the unofficial version (Hoping to make it official in Gotham):

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes

(Any fixes going in at the moment are only into this future version)

One option which may resolve your problem is to edit default.py and anywhere you see:

Code:
os.path.join(__resource__ , "tvtunes_scraper.py")

Look at changing it so it has something like:

Code:
os.path.join(__resource__ , "tvtunes_scraper.py").decode("utf-8")

I'm not really an expert at unicode etc - maybe some-one else is able to comment.

If something like this works, then it would be good to post back on here what exactly you changed to get it working.
Has anyone gotten this addon to work with Aeon Nox 4.0.9? I can't get the skin mods to work. No "Fetch" button. Everything else seems to function as expected. Originally tried this AddOn with Aeon Nox 4.1.9 with the same problem.

Here is my DialogVideoInfo.xml file-
http://pastebin.com/CKWX05ip

I'm guessing the problem is there? Hoping someone can compare it to their's and see where I went wrong.

Thanks
Hi Rob, thanks for your fast reply.

To your response, yes, it was related to the username.
I created a new user profile in Windows, and copied all userdata to that new directory ( C:\User\<newusername>\AppData\Roaming\XMBC ). After that lauched XMBC and this addon and others that didn't worked (like cdartmanager, artistslideshow, etc) worked as expected.

So... I didn't tried your resolution because I should search/change the same for other addons and frankly I wouldn't know how to do that.

Maybe XMBC team or people related to these addons development can take this information to enable compatibility with any kind of username for future releases (in my case the issue was with character "í", but guess it happpens with many others).

Thanks again for your feedback!
Kind regards,

Martín.-
(2013-10-21, 13:32)Chetcho Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Rob, thanks for your fast reply.

To your response, yes, it was related to the username.
I created a new user profile in Windows, and copied all userdata to that new directory ( C:\User\<newusername>\AppData\Roaming\XMBC ). After that lauched XMBC and this addon and others that didn't worked (like cdartmanager, artistslideshow, etc) worked as expected.

So... I didn't tried your resolution because I should search/change the same for other addons and frankly I wouldn't know how to do that.

Maybe XMBC team or people related to these addons development can take this information to enable compatibility with any kind of username for future releases (in my case the issue was with character "í", but guess it happpens with many others).

Thanks again for your feedback!
Kind regards,

Martín.-

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the confirmation. I know you have worked around the problem, but would it be possible for you to try out the suggested change to see if it works at resolving the original problem. It would be very useful to know if I can fix this in TvTunes by making the suggested change (either encode or decode) then it would stop others hitting the same problem.

Unfortunately I don't currently have a setup that can test this.

Thanks

Rob
Hi All,

I have just updated the latest zip release to version 3.1.7 - This includes:

Code:
v3.1.7
- Fixed theme playing issue when mapping from Windows via NFS
- Added option to hide the TvTunes button on the Video Info page
- Some language updates

Please also check the Wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes

For changes required to the Skin files in order to get the ability to disable the TvTunes button in the Video Information dialog (If you don't have this addition - I believe the default will be for it to always be displayed, and toggling it in the setting will not do anything).

Please let me know if you spot any bugs that I missed.

Thanks, Rob
Just to confirm what was already posted in the VideoExtras thread, TVTunes has stopped working after installing VideoExtras 0.0.3. I couldn't get it to work with movies or TV Shows.

First debug log
First debug log is navigating to a movie (The Warriors), paused for about 10 seconds in the index and then enetered the info screen starting from time stamp ~13:26:33. I don't see where script.tvtunes was ever run.

Second debug log
Second debug log is navigating to tv show (The Pacific), starting at time stamp ~13:29:04. Paused for about 5 seconds at each level of the season all the way to the first episode info screen. Couldn't find an instance of the tvtunes script running here either.
(2013-10-26, 19:56)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]Just to confirm what was already posted in the VideoExtras thread, TVTunes has stopped working after installing VideoExtras 0.0.3. I couldn't get it to work with movies or TV Shows.

First debug log
First debug log is navigating to a movie (The Warriors), paused for about 10 seconds in the index and then enetered the info screen starting from time stamp ~13:26:33. I don't see where script.tvtunes was ever run.

Second debug log
Second debug log is navigating to tv show (The Pacific), starting at time stamp ~13:29:04. Paused for about 5 seconds at each level of the season all the way to the first episode info screen. Couldn't find an instance of the tvtunes script running here either.

I have tested this with Confluence and everything appears to be working OK. If you are using skin.aeon.nox then you need to ensure you have the correct adjustment to the skin.

Something like:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)</onload>

I think this was also in the following post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1525971
That got it. You were absolutely right. It was commented out for some reason.Huh
Guess I've been making too many changes lately. I did notice while testing it though that theme playback doesn't start until I enter an info screen first. After that it will play while browsing. Applies to movies and tv shows both. I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug. It may even have already been mentioned.
(2013-10-26, 21:37)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]That got it. You were absolutely right. It was commented out for some reason.Huh
Guess I've been making too many changes lately. I did notice while testing it though that theme playback doesn't start until I enter an info screen first. After that it will play while browsing. Applies to movies and tv shows both. I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug. It may even have already been mentioned.

I'm sure this has already been covered - first checkyour settings to ensure you have the setting enabled - other than that you may want to look back through this thread to find the previous report - I can't rememeber that the solution was.

Sounds like you are having a lot of issues with skin.aeon.nox - ever thought that you should be using a more basic skin like Confluence? Big Grin
(2013-10-26, 21:46)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you are having a lot of issues with skin.aeon.nox - ever thought that you should be using a more basic skin like Confluence? Big Grin

You may be right, but I'm rather partial to the extra eye candy with nox. Actually, if I ever get the "Fetch" button to work I'll be in good shape.
rob_webset, here log, tv tunes don´t play themes in XBMC gotham nightlies

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=76600 and debug log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=76617

Please check,

thanks,