Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-01, 23:22)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Is this to be pushed out in a new release?

Yes, at some point, I have some fine tuning to the theme scrapers/fetchers that is currently ongoing, but when that is done, I'll do a publish run.

(2014-05-01, 23:22)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to call the function through a button outside of the addon it's self?

I doubt it - calling plugins is a real pain in XBMC - hence the need for me to navigate the menu system to get it to load originally.

Rob
Would it be possible to make TvTunes to work with tunes saved into a custom folder for profiles using different languages?

The casual use of TvTunes:
- with TVTunes set to use the movies folders - no problems
- with TVTunes set to use custom path - tunes do play again

But TvTunes doesnt work for every scenario:
Refresh a movie by re-scraping its info in a different language:
- with TvTunes set to use the movies folders - no problems
- with TvTunes set to use custom path - tunes will not play

Trying to scrape tunes for every movie with description in a language different then English will result in a notification:
Quote:Script failed!: tvtunes_scrapper.py

Odd request but would like to see TvTunes working regardless which which language is chosen for the media library.
(2014-05-08, 22:47)NEOhidra Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Script failed!: tvtunes_scrapper.py

Please can you post a log, then we can have a look at it.

Rob
The log file from XBMC - but do you need it in debug mode?
(2014-05-08, 23:08)NEOhidra Wrote: [ -> ]The log file from XBMC - but do you need it in debug mode?

full debug including tvtunes would be welcome as well.

Thanks

Rob
well, I feel a bit stupid but I can't find a way to download themes for series without already manualy downloaded themes Huh
looking for it since 1 week Big Grin can anyone help me ? Big Grin (I'm using Gotham 13.0, TVTunes 4.4.1 and the Aeon MQ5 Skin)
Mildman,

Always better to request support in the skin specific thread (MQ5 in your case), however here are some screenshots to illustrate how to get search for themes. If you see any cosmetics or something that doesn't display well in your skin, please let the skin developers now so they can improve the way their skin handles TvTunes add-on. Thanks!

In Confluence
In MQ 5, step 1: Toggle on to activate TvTunes in Library
Step2: Click to access TvTunes
Step 3: Pick your scraper
Step 4: Select your theme
(2014-05-08, 23:18)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-08, 23:08)NEOhidra Wrote: [ -> ]The log file from XBMC - but do you need it in debug mode?

full debug including tvtunes would be welcome as well.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=196482

Character encoding is always a pain! Hopefully this will be fixed in the next published version. (But hard to verify these sorts of things).

Rob
can someone please explain how " enable tvtunes while browsing through tv show" works i enabled it in settings but when i browse thorough tv shows it doesn't work ....tv tunes only works when i open a tv show then the tune of what tv shows i opened works ........am i missing something here Huh please help
(2014-05-09, 14:24)Razieal121 Wrote: [ -> ]can someone please explain how " enable tvtunes while browsing through tv show" works i enabled it in settings but when i browse thorough tv shows it doesn't work ....tv tunes only works when i open a tv show then the tune of what tv shows i opened works ........am i missing something here Huh please help

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s#Playback

Play themes when browsing TV Show list
When moving over items in the TV Show list, play the theme if it remains selected

Rob
Hi All,

I have just requested the publish of a new version of TvTunes. This is quite a large set of changes mainly focused on the ability to download themes, with 4 different scrapers and some work to auto prioritise the results, some big performance improvements, and (I hope) an improved progress bar - allowing you to cancel those very large queries.

This publish also includes some improvements to the Theme Browser (plugin).

The changes in the change-log are:

Code:
v4.4.3
- Improve progress dialog
- Move manual search to sub-list
- Add setting to always prompt for search engine
- Order themes in priority order
- Add option to search using all sites
- Flag in the plugin if there is no theme, but one would play (i.e. Theme dir set and theme in parent folder)
- Update Theme browser Plugin to copy themes into theme folders

v4.4.2
- Fix issue with episode themes defaulting to TV Show themes directory
- Fix for goear.com scraper
- Add filter option to the Theme Browser to only show missing themes
- Add action option to the Theme Browser to retrieve missing themes
- Also search under "Original Title" if available
- Scraper speed improvements

But why not give it a go yourself and see what you think.

A BIG THANKYOU goes to capfuturo for all his help testing, verifying and providing some great feedback and fine-tuning suggestions!!

Rob
Hi, the version still shows as 4.4.1 in the repository.
(2014-05-12, 06:17)akya Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, the version still shows as 4.4.1 in the repository.

That's because the publish request hasn't been processed yet.

Rob
(2014-05-12, 07:39)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-12, 06:17)akya Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, the version still shows as 4.4.1 in the repository.

That's because the publish request hasn't been processed yet.

Looks like it has now been published:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.tvtunes/

Rob
Plugin installed on Gotham, themes downloaded, won't play or show button in info screen.

XBMC.log