Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CEC is the only problem I have with my N2+. I have a samsung tv and when I power it down the N2+ powers the tv back on. Everytime I turn my tv off I have to do it twice. Also when the N2+ awakens it will sometimes auto change the input when I don't want it to. That happens sometimes with my xbox though so not a huge deal. 

While I could just disable CEC it's pretty useful to not have to find my other remote just to click on the next episode of what ever I'm watching. 

It runs pretty stable though.
(2023-01-03, 16:43)calev Wrote: [ -> ]CEC is the only problem I have with my N2+......Also when the N2+ awakens it will sometimes auto change the input when I don't want it to.....

I have this problem too.  The N2 sends CEC commands to switch back to it's input after I switch away to other devices.    If I plug it directly into my TV instead of my AVR it is not an issue though.

Mostly just an annoyance.   Otherwise it's a great little device as long as you do not need Dolby Vision output.
I love my N2+. Very solid media player. Just one thing: I upgraded to Kodi Matrix about 2 years ago and flashed the new Coreelec onto an SD Card, so the eMMC was therefore made redundant. 

I now feel that performance isn't as good from the SD card as the eMMC. This may be in my imagination. Not sure. Is there an easy way of updating Coreelec Kodi on an eMMC card? I asked the Coreelec forum when I did it and it seemed to involve SSH which I have zero experience in.

Thanks.
Simplest way, but not free Wink Since you already have an uSD adapter (I presume) to write images to uSD card, then you'll need additional eMMC Module Reader Board for OS upgrade

First use CoreElec (full) Backup option of present uSD card installation, and save it to an easily accessed secure location. Then with Balena Etcher burn new, same version, CE image (using eMMC Module to uSD adapter) on a PC. Remove uSD card from N2 and attach eMMC to install CE. After it boots and all is OK with new installation, restore previously made backup. 
This way you'll get an exact eMMC system as is on uSD card.
(2023-01-04, 17:19)smallclone Wrote: [ -> ]...flashed the new Coreelec onto an SD Card, so the eMMC was therefore made redundant. 

I now feel that performance isn't as good from the SD card as the eMMC. This may be in my imagination. Not sure.....

It is not your imagination.   eMMC is typically higher performance storage than an SD Card.   

The other poster suggested an option.
(2023-01-04, 18:14)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]Simplest way, but not free Wink Since you already have an uSD adapter (I presume) to write images to uSD card, then you'll need additional eMMC Module Reader Board for OS upgrade

First use CoreElec (full) Backup option of present uSD card installation, and save it to an easily accessed secure location. Then with Balena Etcher burn new, same version, CE image (using eMMC Module to uSD adapter) on a PC. Remove uSD card from N2 and attach eMMC to install CE. After it boots and all is OK with new installation, restore previously made backup. 
This way you'll get an exact eMMC system as is on uSD card.

Thanks for this. I don't mind paying more for a module reader. So do I have this right:

-Purchase the eMMC Module reader.
-Copy the existing CoreElec to a location on my PC
-Download Balena Etcher
-Insert eMMC Module Reader into the SD Card slot on my SD Card reader
-Burn the recently saved CoreELEC from PC to the recently purchased eMMC Module Reader
-Take the current SD card out of the N2+
-Then this is the bit I don't get...I insert the new eMMC module reader into the SD slot on the N2+  ? What happens then? I switch on and it just boots up? 

Or are you saying that what I need to do is burn an entirely brand new V19 version of CoreELEC onto the eMMC module reader? Then restore back up from the PC location?

I'm confused as to which stage my eMMC that is currently in my N2+ actually receives an updated version and how.

Sorry for being dumb.
I would just reflash the emmc module and insert it in the emmc slot. Then reimport your media and addons. There is zero reason to attach the emmc module to the sd card reader on the n2+.
(2023-01-10, 16:53)smallclone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-01-04, 18:14)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]Remove uSD card from N2 and attach eMMC to install CE. After it boots and all is OK with new installation, restore previously made backup. 
Thanks for this. I don't mind paying more for a module reader. So do I have this right:

-Copy the existing CoreElec to a location on my PC

-Take the current SD card out of the N2+

-Then this is the bit I don't get...I insert the new eMMC module reader into the SD slot on the N2+  ? What happens then? I switch on and it just boots up? 

- First, you don't Copy the existing CoreElec, I wrote "make a backup". Using addon CoreElec Configuration option for this backs up only things that are necessary to be transferred via CE  "Restore" option to make new system on eMMC identical to present on uSD card (all your present settings and addons)
- On eMMC you burn a fresh downloaded CoreElec image (preferably the same you are using now) from official download site.
- You remove current uSD card from N2 only to not interfere with your eMMC installation. Naturally you place fresh burned eMMC modul on it's place in N2 for installation and switch power on to start the process. When installation completely finishes, use CE-Kodi File Manager and copy your saved backup file to  /storage/backup and run "Restore" option from CoreElec Configuration. And that should be all...
CoreElec uses a read-only root filesystem. If you feel the system behaves slowly, it may be a good idea to do a filesystem check on it. I have been using mu N2+ with SD card since the day I bought it. I even replaced the 16 GB industrial grade SD card provided by the CoreElec pack with a newer and better one (Sandisk Extreme 64 GB that I had laying around and not using anywhere anymore). I did it because 16 GB was not enough for all the media I was indexing, especially after adding my music to it. I even updated to CoreElec 20.0 based on Kodi 20.0 a few days ago, everything went smooth. What is the location of the media you are playing? I am playing mine from local network.
(2022-12-20, 23:12)Bluecase Wrote: [ -> ]I've been running Coreelec on an Odroid N2+ 4GB for a year and a half now, and performance is fine, but I don't find CE to be all that reliable or stable, and I'm tired of having to unplug the Odroid when it freezes.

I'm glad to hear you're not the only one who experiences freezes on the N2+. I was kind of attributing it to mine only having 2 gig of memory but now that I have read you have the same problem with 4 gigs of memory I'm inclined to blame it on the software
I,m really very glad that my N2 never freezes  Smile
Yeah, I have only ever read that about the N2+... There must have been a small production charge with problems.
(2023-02-25, 17:49)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I have only ever read that about the N2+... There must have been a small production charge with problems.

I'd rather presume that it has to do with your OS/software installation... How does Android and Linux work on it?
No idea, it has CoreELEC on the emmc and I'm not going to install anything else.
Perfect Works, Rom LineageOS 20 Android 13 ATV