Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-01-25, 20:20)jaxter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-25, 17:48)otic Wrote: [ -> ]there’s an option in kodi: keep sending low signal over hdmi- sth like that, maybe that helps...

This is my first tme usng coreelec, is the option also available on it 

Yes, it is. But if I recall, this option didn't help me. I have an LG C9 and my N2 would randomly switch HDMI inputs on me, whether I was on NetFlix TV app or a completely different HDMI input. I turned Off CEC on CoreELEC, problem solved. To me, CEC was causing me more problems than anything. I also leave my box on all day long so I didn't see a need for it.
(2020-01-28, 22:11)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-25, 20:20)jaxter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-25, 17:48)otic Wrote: [ -> ]there’s an option in kodi: keep sending low signal over hdmi- sth like that, maybe that helps...

This is my first tme usng coreelec, is the option also available on it  

Yes, it is. But if I recall, this option didn't help me. I have an LG C9 and my N2 would randomly switch HDMI inputs on me, whether I was on NetFlix TV app or a completely different HDMI input. I turned Off CEC on CoreELEC, problem solved. To me, CEC was causing me more problems than anything. I also leave my box on all day long so I didn't see a need for it. 

all my problems were down to cec, i noticed when i lifted my projector screen up my LG tv was on so next time i watched a movie on the projector i unplugged the tv completely and had no problems.
I would like to disable cec and get the power button on the a2 mini lite remote working, i have seen instructions for both on this thread but as a newb it is beyond me if anyone has another method for dummies please help a brother out.
Why don't you then disable CEC on your TV ? It's called "SimpLink" and very easy to disable...
After that disable CEC in Kodi settings, that is also no nuclear science: Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC
(2020-01-28, 23:28)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you then disable CEC on your TV ? It's called "SimpLink" and very easy to disable...

I personally didn't go this route because I also have other devices that play nice with my TV's CEC. The N2's CEC on the other hand simply wasn't playing nice.
(2020-01-28, 22:44)jaxter Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to disable cec and get the power button on the a2 mini lite remote working, i have seen instructions for both on this thread but as a newb it is beyond me if anyone has another method for dummies please help a brother out. 

If you're running CoreELEC on your N2, take a look at this guide. It's made for newbies...
(2020-01-28, 23:28)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you then disable CEC on your TV ? It's called "SimpLink" and very easy to disable...
After that disable CEC in Kodi settings, that is also no nuclear science: Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC

it didn't even occur to me to disable simplink cheers
(2020-01-29, 00:01)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-28, 22:44)jaxter Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to disable cec and get the power button on the a2 mini lite remote working, i have seen instructions for both on this thread but as a newb it is beyond me if anyone has another method for dummies please help a brother out. 

If you're running CoreELEC on your N2, take a look at this guide. It's made for newbies...

Thanks will have a nosy
Thanks for the help guys with getting ON/OFF with Remote working via SSH'ing in and and editing config.ini with Nano etc btw.

Once I got that sorted on the N2 I bought before Christmas and given I am very very happy with this nippy silent tiny little box, well I just ordered another 4 for other rooms in the house to replace our ancient 2010 vintage Arctic MC001 Atom based Kodi boxes. 3 of them will be connected to the Gigabit wired network but one needs to be wireless. I had a spare TP-LINK USB WIFI dongle and decided to test it on the N2 I already have. Its not detected or powered up when plugged into the N2. Am I doing something wrong. Do I have to enable the rear USB ports by SSH'ing back into the box and enabling something in config.ini like I had to to get remote power on/off working?
Also, How do I transfer some background images onto the N2's Picture folder to use in Kodi?
(2020-02-05, 18:06)calibos Wrote: [ -> ]I had a spare TP-LINK USB WIFI dongle and decided to test it on the N2 I already have. Its not detected or powered up when plugged into the N2. Am I doing something wrong. Do I have to enable the rear USB ports by SSH'ing back into the box and enabling something in config.ini like I had to to get remote power on/off working?
If your USB-WiFi dongle is not recognized after booting N2 then there is no kernel driver for it, and nothing you can do about it.
On CoreElec forum there is a topic with supported WiFi dongles, so I suggest take a look there before getting one.

On my N2 I use "EDUP 600Mbps 802.11ac Wireless USB Adapter" (Chipset: RTL8811AU) without any problems. There are several versions of this chipset, so check compatibility before purchasing.

Also, I use pretty potent Kodi File Manager for file transfer/manipulation...
(2020-02-05, 19:53)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-05, 18:06)calibos Wrote: [ -> ]I had a spare TP-LINK USB WIFI dongle and decided to test it on the N2 I already have. Its not detected or powered up when plugged into the N2. Am I doing something wrong. Do I have to enable the rear USB ports by SSH'ing back into the box and enabling something in config.ini like I had to to get remote power on/off working?
If your USB-WiFi dongle is not recognized after booting N2 then there is no kernel driver for it, and nothing you can do about it.
On CoreElec forum there is a topic with supported WiFi dongles, so I suggest take a look there before getting one.

On my N2 I use "EDUP 600Mbps 802.11ac Wireless USB Adapter" (Chipset: RTL8811AU) without any problems. There are several versions of this chipset, so check compatibility before purchasing.

Also, I use pretty potent Kodi File Manager for file transfer/manipulation... 

Great info Sholander! Thank you. Will look into getting a compatible USB WIFI Dongle and and thanks to you pointing me in the right direction I got the Backround Photo issue sorted. Thanks again!
Just wanted to tip my hat to you guys working on CoreElec for the oDroid N2. I just git mine and I must say it is AMAZING! I mean I have a HiMedia Q10 Pro that I will sell. CoreElec on the N2 is a breeze to use and configure if you had some interactions with Kodi before. I even managed to get custom fonts on Kodi with a smart hack. First I enabled samba and copied my folder with the fonts to it in backup. I then activated ssh (user is root, password is the one you can set in the GUI), logged in via ssh, created a /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts folder (it has to have capital F), I copied there my fonts and I was able to select my own fonts from within Kodi). The commands should be similar to these ones:
Code:
mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts/
Code:
cp -r /storage/backup/Montserrat-master/fonts/ttf/*.ttf /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts/

Excellent work, guys. I truly mean it.

Thanks did this and my main problem was solved Thanks for the help.
@tmihai20, relay your experience to CoreElec forum
@Sholander what do you mean? I made an account there, but I have small issues that I want to see if someone there can help with. I do not think my findings will help much there.