Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
smtdd Wrote:@Zelgadis

hope this help you:

2008-10-14, 00:19 #68
micster

Got my thumbnails to load up automatically, but it's an ugly hack. I changed this code on line #434 of launcher_plugin.py

Code:
romdata["thumb"] = ""
to this

Code:
romdata["thumb"] = 'E:\\Emulators\\zsnexbox\\artwork\\Shots 1\\' + romname + '.png'

Which because I have thumbnails for all of my ROMs, I basically hardcoded the path to those images once in this part of the script so I wouldn't have to write it 500 times by hand in Launchers.xml

It would be better if it would just grab the path that we've assigned from settings.xml and only write the path if the image exist in that location. That's probably the way you have it setup already, but I was getting blank thumbnails.

thanks!!! smtdd,
at first i though no, cos it looks like for 1 emulator but then i was thinking. instead of pointing it to zsnes artwork i could point this to my icons folder. great work micsters
could any of you post a screen with an opened firefox window ?
Thanx for this great plugin. I'm using it to launch Firefox and a Console app on my HTPC.
I noticed the plugin failed to function on recent SVN builds of XBMC, because support for 'P:\\' mappings was dropped and replaced by 'special://' mappings.

Some discussion here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44968

I was wondering is you could find some time to update the plugin so it'll work again with latest SVN ?
So which Firefox file shows up when you browse with launcher.I'm not sure of the directory or the file type I'm looking for.
There's no default Firefox file, you'll have to create one yourself first.
I just made a little shell script which launches Firefox. That's the file i select with Launcher.
It doesn't really matter where you place the file, as long as you can browse to it with the Launcher plugin.

I'm running XBMC on linux btw, so things may be different on other platforms.
Quote:I noticed the plugin failed to function on recent SVN builds of XBMC, because support for 'P:\\' mappings was dropped and replaced by 'special://' mappings.

Some discussion here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44968

I was wondering is you could find some time to update the plugin so it'll work again with latest SVN ?

ah i just realized there are two threads for this plugin. i posted about the launcher not working in newest svn in the other thread too
I have no idea if this will actually work but I changed some things in the launcher_plugin.py code that MIGHT make this work again. I'm not going to be near a computer i can test this on for a couple days so if anybody wants to try it out and see if it works now with the newest svn, here's my copy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/195389794/Launcher.zip

EDIT: not surprisingly, it doesn't work
timdog82001 Wrote:EDIT: not surprisingly, it doesn't work

No need to test it then, but looking at the code in launcher_plugin.py, i guess the correct paths should be:
special://profile/plugin_data and special://profile/Thumpnails

At least that's what in changed in the code of the original plugin to get it to work with recent SVN builds.
Just replace all occurences of P:\\ with special://profile.

The path specified in settings.xml might also need to be changed.
Yeah, I tried that after I looked more closely at what changed, but it didn't seem to work. I'm thinking there's some other path stuff going on, possibly with direction of the slashes, since they changed from // to \\....but who knows, i'm no coder.

anyway, if anybody wants to give it a shot, here's a post that explains what changed...

http://xbmc.org/jmarshall/2009/02/10/cha...d-plugins/
I was wondering if someone got this fixed already. Does anyone have this fixed already? :-) I'm anxious to use this.
Just replace all occurences of P:\\ with special://profile, as ronie said
with your fav editor and it'll work again.
is there anyway instead of scanning every time for roms it could just like remember them

im using a xbox byw i just want it to remember games and artwork
I noticed that some programs (mostly games) were complaining about not being able to find things like config files when launched via this plugin. This is due to the internal launcher function in XBMC not setting the working directory to that of the launched file. I fixed the issue and submitted a patch for Win32. Now everything I throw at it, both games and applications, launches correctly.
Thanks for that, Art. Smile Or should I call you George?
While looking into the path issue I also noticed that the command line arguments had an errant quotation mark appended to the end. The problem lies on line 191 of the script:

xbmc.executebuiltin("%s(\"%s\" %s\")" % (cmd, launcher["application"], launcher["args"]))

Some programs (No One Lives Forever for example) were crashing because they apparently don't like to have garbage parameters passed to them. I deleted the trailing quote so the line now looks like this:

xbmc.executebuiltin("%s(\"%s\" %s)" % (cmd, launcher["application"], launcher["args"]))

and the issue was solved.