Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Im in the UK. Must be the mirror sites, just tried in from the US and its working Big Grin
Good to hear!
Got everything installed fine now, but once it restarts it goes straight into the terminal, why would it do this?
Have you downloaded xbmscript and installed xbmc? does /etc/init.d/xbmc-live exist? What kind of hardware do you have?
No worries all working now. Much better than it was before super smooth mkv playback Smile excellent piece of work to make this so easy to do
UPDATE 10-02-2009
  • PS3 Bluetooth Remote support. A very special thanks to walmis (blueman developer)
  • Fixed minor bugs and redesigned the questions asked on installation
XBMScript is the first program that has ps3 bluetooth remote support integrated and does not require the tedious process of having a Graphical Desktop (such as GNOME) just to run the blueman-applet

For this feature I would like to give a special shout out to:
walmis: for the ps3_pair program. Without him the ps3 remote pairing would be a lot more difficult! Be sure to check out http://blueman-project.org for the best bluetooth applet on GNOME!
kubax: for all the brainstorming and bluez headaches we shared together Smile
ruff: ps3 remote powersaving and keymapping patches

For a technical explanation of his this (finally!) got working, see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=412...tcount=168
Great script, but everytime i try to update to a svn i get a black screen after boot ... i changed the /usr/bin/xbmc/skin/PM3.HD/skin.xml to 3.0 but that doesnt help.
Any hints ?
Hi!

Great work, but I have some noob-questions.

I made a fresh install and have chosen the stable release. But how can I upgrade to the latest release? Can I run your script again?

When I choose "Exit XBMC" I can write something, but nothing will happen. :/

*attention total linux noob*

Will I be able to add two HDDs later?
Use option 2 to upgrade to the latest svn version. If you exit xbmc, you have to hold ctrl+alt+F1 to go to a terminal that allows input Smile

you can add hdd's later as long as you properly format and mount them in linux. There are a lot of guides online on how to do this.
flxfxp Wrote:If you exit xbmc, you have to hold ctrl+alt+F1 to go to a terminal that allows input Smile

I thougt so, but it didn't do anything. Maybe it's because of my Apple-Keyboard. I started all over again, and have chosen an Mac-Keyboar. Maybe it will work.

One additional question:

Right at the beginning your script is asking me which NVIDIA drive should be installed.

1, Nvidia Linux Display Driver 180
2, Nvidia Linux Display Driver 185
3, Nvidia Linux Display Driver 190

And there is a link to the VDPAU-Article on Wikipedia.

But I have no clue which I should choose. I'm using an an ION-based Mainboard.

Is 180/185/190 referred to "NVIDIA Feature Set" A/B/C?

180 = A
185 = B
190 = C

Huh
This has todo with the feature sets. 190 is the latest and pretty stable, you should go with that. The other 2 I've kept in the list are mainly for compatibility reasons :-)

i don't know about the keyboard, try a regular one if in doubt.

Dennis
Even if I wasted an entire Sunday... I solved my problem.

Before running the Script, I installed a desktop:
sudo aptitude -y install xserver-xorg-core xinit menu menu-xdg jwm fluxbox alsa-utils mrxvt gdebi-core synaptic logrotate localepurge

Then, I fixed the issue with the fn-Key on the Mac-Keyboard:
Opened a terminal: sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/hid_apple.conf

Added this line to the opened file: options hid_apple fnmode=2 and saved it.

Terminal: sudo update-initramfs -u

Then I started your script and installed the stable build. Thanks to the previously fixed keyboardsetting I was able to start the terminal: (right) CTRL + (left) ALT + F2

Tomorrow I will reinstal everything with an normal PC-Kayboard. But I have defeated the ugly Apple-Linux-Dragon on my own. :lol:
How do I get all sound to output via spdif? Films output from this, but when I play music, it goes via the hdmi to the tv
do i really need to use
Ubuntu 9.04 “Jaunty Jackalope” Minimal CD

if i have xbmc live installd...cant i use it?
Nope, since xbmc-live is already pre-configured.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37