Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
hi flxfxp, can i use full ubuntu 9.04. desktop install? what should i select when asked about the graphical interface?
flxfxp Wrote:Nope, since xbmc-live is already pre-configured.

eeee.... do i can use it on xbmc-live?
If you already use a full desktop, you should select none. It will also install xbmc-live, which will try to steal the gnome session. If its done installing, remove it by executing apt-get remove xbmc-live. I have this not tested however, I wish you good luck!
PrimaryMaster Wrote:eeee.... do i can use it on xbmc-live?

No, I only support the ubuntu minimalCD. Its very easy to use with minimal resources.
Hi,

this look just great. I already had a Asrock Ion330 running with XBMC Live but that was a lot of work and some troubles. After the car accident I had the Asrock kinda died in that (along with my car) and now I'm back on the track and have bought another one so I'd like to give your awesome looking script a try. One of the last problems I had was that that xbmc-live does apparently not automount external drives connected via USB. I have found some infos that ubuntu should be able to automount these and assign a mount point and so on.

Is this feature implemented in your skript?

Cheers
If you have a usb drive connected it shall automount in xbmc with the latest svn version
Woody29 Wrote:How do I get all sound to output via spdif? Films output from this, but when I play music, it goes via the hdmi to the tv

Can anyone help me with this?
have you put the audio hardware to digital? what is the output and throughput device?
Audio hardware is set to digital within xbmc. I have the spdif connected to a 5.1 amplifer and the hdmi connected directly to the tv (no hdmi input on the amp). With the previous install I had on the asrock, all sound went via the spdif (which was a linux ubuntu install). Now with the jackalope version, I get music through the tv and films through the amplifer
flxfxp Wrote:If you have a usb drive connected it shall automount in xbmc with the latest svn version

Thank you so much for this! You truly must be the god of "helping Linux noobs" with xbmc Big Grin

Then on...weekend here I come and I will give it a try.
How I could use GNOME or FLUXBOX? At the Install I saw Options for it.
Exit XBMC, press CTRL+ALT+F1 (or F2 ?)

Type: startx

done!
Is it possible to add also the Rapier skin into the skin selection?
I'm going to add it as soon as it available on GIT or svn for easy updating.
Evin Wrote:Exit XBMC, press CTRL+ALT+F1 (or F2 ?)

Type: startx

done!

Thanks for answering Evin Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37