Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Yes, I am having problems. When I select Programs A-Ö Kodi says "SVT Play error. Check the log for more information."

Here is the relevant information from ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

2023-09-10 13:32:05.689 T:5271 INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(1, /home/ray/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/default.py): script successfully run
2023-09-10 13:32:05.744 T:5271 INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2023-09-10 13:32:19.304 T:5286 INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2023-09-10 13:32:20.955 T:5286 ERROR <general>: [plugin.video.svtplay] Missing key 'data' in JSON response: {'errors': [{'message': 'PersistedQueryNotFound'}]} for operationName=ProgramsListing, variables={}, queryHash=1eeb0fb08078393c17658c1a22e7eea3fbaa34bd2667cec91bbc4db8d778580f
2023-09-10 13:32:20.958 T:5286 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'TypeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ray/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/default.py", line 12, in <module>
svt_play.run(PLUGIN_PARAMS)
File "/home/ray/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/resources/lib/svtplay.py", line 68, in run
self.navigate(arg_mode, arg_id, arg_params)
File "/home/ray/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/resources/lib/svtplay.py", line 89, in navigate
self.view_a_to_z()
File "/home/ray/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/resources/lib/svtplay.py", line 139, in view_a_to_z
self.__create_dir_items(programs)
File "/home/ray/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/resources/lib/svtplay.py", line 248, in __create_dir_items
for play_item in play_items:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
-->End of Python script error report<--

2023-09-10 13:32:21.029 T:5286 INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2023-09-10 13:32:21.036 T:5285 ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.svtplay/?mode=a-o
2023-09-10 13:32:21.048 T:5226 ERROR <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.svtplay/?mode=a-o) failed
2023-09-10 13:32:21.124 T:5288 INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2023-09-10 13:32:22.466 T:5288 INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(3, /home/ray/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/default.py): script successfully run
2023-09-10 13:32:22.525 T:5288 INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
Thanks to Erik Lindqvist for his latest commits! Ett stort tack Eirk! I updated to the Update to the latest version 5.1.19 and all is working again. Thank you!
Thank you SO very much! I use this every night from bed looking to get sleepy. Smile BUT i can't install it? Must i remove the one installed first?
You need to update the Kodi Add-on repository. And yes, it's certainly shouldn't hurt to remove the old plug-in first.

1. Launch Kodi.
2. Under Add-ons select "Install from repository"
3. Under Misc options select "Check for updates"
4. Select Video Add-ons.
5 Scroll down to SVT Play. It should be version 5.1.19. Install it.

Hope that helps, if not I will figure out how to make a video and upload it.

Ray
(2023-09-11, 12:59)raytech Wrote: [ -> ]You need to update the Kodi Add-on repository. And yes, it's certainly shouldn't hurt to remove the old plug-in first.

1. Launch Kodi.
2. Under Add-ons select "Install from repository"
3. Under Misc options select "Check for updates"
4. Select Video Add-ons.
5 Scroll down to SVT Play. It should be version 5.1.19. Install it.

Hope that helps, if not I will figure out how to make a video and upload it.

Ray

Sorry but it's not there...
Download from here: https://github.com/kodi-svtplay/xbmc-svtplay/releases
and "install from zip" then.
(2023-09-11, 13:55)MatteN Wrote: [ -> ]Download from here: https://github.com/kodi-svtplay/xbmc-svtplay/releases

I tried that first but it says something about phyton and something that doesn't is ok...

I found a way to do this! It's working now!
(2023-09-11, 14:01)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-11, 13:55)MatteN Wrote: [ -> ]Download from here: https://github.com/kodi-svtplay/xbmc-svtplay/releases

I tried that first but it says something about phyton and something that doesn't is ok...

Glad to hear it! Although the repository should work to update the SVT Play add-on. At least it does for me. In case anyone else is having problems updating the Kodi Add-on repository I made a video and posted it to YouTube here https://youtu.be/YBuuYM-8x6Y However, YouTube took my video down because they think it helps people gain "unauthorized free access to audio/video content". Is this true? Does SVT Play on Kodi violate the law?
An innocent question: Is this SVT Play add-on for Kodi legal? Sorry I have to ask but I created a YouTube video showing how to update the Kodi add on repository and install SVT Play for codey and YouTube took my video down and gave me the following warning:
Quote:Our team has reviewed your content, and, unfortunately, we think it violates our harmful and dangerous policy.

How your content violated the policy

Content that shows viewers how to gain unauthorized free access to audio content, audiovisual content, full video games, software, or streaming services that normally require payment is not allowed. This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams, and any other YouTube product or feature. Keep in mind this list is not comprehensive.
So.... what in the world? Any thoughts? Have I broken the law? Seems pretty strange that with all the awful things available on social media and YouTube they would choose my video of how to perform a simple task using Kodi.
(2023-09-11, 17:13)raytech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-11, 14:01)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]

Glad to hear it! Although the repository should work to update the SVT Play add-on. At least it does for me. In case anyone else is having problems updating the Kodi Add-on repository I made a video and posted it to YouTube here https://youtu.be/YBuuYM-8x6Y However, YouTube took my video down because they think it helps people gain "unauthorized free access to audio/video content". Is this true? Does SVT Play on Kodi violate the law?
I did use the update from kodi repostity in a slightly odd way and then it found the update. DON'T ask how i went so fast so i have forgotten now. Smile
How can something based on an open API be illegal? As long as the conditions for using the open API has ben honoured. 

That using a VPN solution with the purpose of circumventing the Geocoded access to blocked contet would be one reson to block 'Tubes content I agree with, but that is abusing the ussage of SVTPlay as an end user. 

But when YouTube has determined a standpoint - who to contact in their blank monolithic, blank, wall of "nothing"...?
(2023-09-12, 23:54)MariePer Wrote: [ -> ]How can something based on an open API be illegal? As long as the conditions for using the open API has ben honoured. 

That using a VPN solution with the purpose of circumventing the Geocoded access to blocked contet would be one reson to block 'Tubes content I agree with, but that is abusing the ussage of SVTPlay as an end user. 

But when YouTube has determined a standpoint - who to contact in their blank monolithic, blank, wall of "nothing"...?

It doesn't make any sense I agree.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube: Our team has reviewed your content, and, unfortunately, we think it violates our harmful and dangerous policy.

How your content violated the policy

Content that shows viewers how to gain unauthorized free access to audio content, audiovisual content, full video games, software, or streaming services that normally require payment is not allowed. This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams, and any other YouTube product or feature. Keep in mind this list is not comprehensive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I challenged them with an appeal and to my surprise they stood by their initial position.

YouTube: Appeal rejected - We’ve looked at your content again carefully, and have confirmed that it does violate Community Guidelines. It will not be available on YouTube. We know it may be disappointing, but it’s important that we keep the YouTube community protected.

I will post the content in some other way and link to it here. Then you can decide for yourself. Does my video depicting how-to update Kodi Repositories and install the latest SVT Play add-on actually violate YouTube's policy? Or is like hundreds of other Kodi how-to videos on YouTube?
Here is the video YouTube insists violates their policy.

How to update the Kodi add-on repository and add or delete the SVT Play add-on.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0f5...EC1F1D2514

I would like to hear directly from SVT as well if they feel any unfair access would be granted by following the steps in my video.

Ray
I still fail to see anything that could be breaching SVT agreements.

Considering all other (political) crape and scams Google/YouTube refuses to remove on request from the stakeholder it is fashinating to see how chivalry they uphold (sic) SVT's rights here when not asked to... 
I'd love to see a comment from SVT on this particular case.
On the subject of the add-on itself... 

I have noticed that some entries now also receive suggestions about additional show/contents, that was not the case before. It is compliant with how the official app behaves, so I can't say that it's bad, the difference is that I the app it is more distinguishable between the actual show versus discover more... 

Is there anything that can be done to address this, either to highlight the emidiate content vs secondary, or suppress the secondary all together. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42