• 4(current)
Release Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)
(2021-09-30, 09:51)Groguuu Wrote: Request can you add PVR Guide Group Control?

Sorry for the extremely late reply on this, but in addition to answering this question, I want to make other Madnox users aware of the current situation...

Mr. V. has not been in contact with Bartolomesoriano, Meowmoo, Slipass or myself (his Madnox skin beta-testers) to my knowledge, since early February. Likewise there has been zero activity on github for this skin in that time either. I do not know what he's up to, or where he's at, at this time and sincerely hope everything is OK with regards his personal situation, naturally. But with things being as they are, I wouldn't expect much (if any) progress on this skin for the foreseeable future. This skin is my daily driver, and has been since I was accepted to the beta test group, so I am as dissapointed as the rest of you will be that it's in it's current unfinished state. But it is what it is, unfortunately.

The situation as it stands, is that unless Mr. V. makes an imminent return, or somebody decides to step up and fork his already awesome work, I wouldn't sit around holding your collective breath waiting for any imminent responses.

Dan / Gib.
@gibxxi 

Do you know anything at all? did he say anything before he went "silent" in late February?

Its my daily driver skin also, i love it, and it works fine for now on my setup.
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
(2021-11-12, 22:31)Simkin84 Wrote: @gibxxi 

Do you know anything at all? did he say anything before he went "silent" in late February?

Its my daily driver skin also, i love it, and it works fine for now on my setup.

Sadly not. We did our testing on a loose basis, most communication going via the way of posts on GitHub threads for the skin. We weren't using any chat or social media platforms, at least I wasn't. I can't speak for the other guys.

I hope he's OK, and that there is a genuine, benign reason for his absence. And I hope he returns to complete the awesome project he started, but when or even IF that will occur, I have no idea.

Dan / Gib.
Has anyone got any tips on how to set up the inbuilt artwork scaper for TV Shows?

After adding these to the Library over half were missing one spect of the artwork or another. Some had none at all.

Not all my TV shows have the artwork already downloaded in the folder because Kodi Isengard used to do a cracking job of getting the artwork.

Weird thing is, even though TV shows logos (where I do have artwork) are labelled correctly as clearlogo - Kodi Matrix doesn't recognise them or pull through.

Any help would be appreciated.
This is probably what your looking for, since scrapers now 'link' artwork in the database to online sources, 'Artwork Dump' does the propagation of that artwork out to the relevant media folders. 'Artwork Dump' is an evolution of 'Artwork Beef' - Which in itself sort-of replaced 'Artwork Downloader' from older Kodi versions.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078

Dan / Gib.
I had a request from a user to take a look at this skin and possibly continue the development.

I didn't want to start modding the work that @Mr. V has done in case he returns, so I created a new skin named skin.madnox.matrix.mod. You can access this skin if you install my repo. I also maintain the Aeon MQ 7 and Aeon MQ 8 Skins for Matrix.

I made a few tweaks before releasing...

Image Additions
  • I added Canadian MPAA flags for Movies and TV Shows. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request and the info!

Image Bug fixes
  • I updated the code for displaying the MPAA flags while playing a video.

I'm currently trying to fix the problem with the persistent watched flag reported by @Hommer.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS!
@latts9923...Thanks!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
@latts9923", great work!

I just saw on Github that @Mr. V  has just made some changes to the skin:

v.21.12.12+m
- Remove option for auto open music viz and replace with kodi internal setting
- Remove xbmc prefix for subtitle selection
- Add DialogPVRGroupManager button 35 and rework dialog
- Add ListItem IsPlayable and HasArchive for pvr
- Rework and add icon to pvr media flags
- Add current/next recording widget and timer widget for pvr
- Add HasReminder icon to pvr views and set reminder button to pvr info
- Remove PVR Widget option as you can add a current next recording widget

So I hope he's back again for good! Excellent skin.
@Fietspomp
Good deal! If he's updating the skin, I'll "cease and desist". Haha.
I have just found this skin and spent a few days configuring it......I am sold......as of the post before mine....it seems there was an update to it hours ago.

This is the first time I've use a skin outside of the Kodi repo.....I plan to stay with it....I don't want to corrupt or start over the settings.

What is the proper way to update it? I don't think it does it automatically...can someone advise?

Thanks!
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2021-12-23, 20:25)kittmaster Wrote: I have just found this skin and spent a few days configuring it......I am sold......as of the post before mine....it seems there was an update to it hours ago.

This is the first time I've use a skin outside of the Kodi repo.....I plan to stay with it....I don't want to corrupt or start over the settings.

What is the proper way to update it? I don't think it does it automatically...can someone advise?

Thanks!
Just re-download the zip from Github and install from zipfile in Kodi, it'll update it that way.
Hi all,

Sorry I have been afk for most of the year. I have been feeling felt a burnt out on the skin along with some health issues. I will try to work on any bug reports and general improvements so it can be pushed to the matrix repo.

Cheers
Mr. V
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Right I am looking at the thumbnails. Some thumbnails appear stretched when using certain addons. This is to do with having a fixed scaling on images to get perfect rounded corners. This creates a bit of bloat in the skin, so I am considering removing the rounded corners of all the thumbnails in the skin. If I do this the thumbnail wont pop out of the screen as they do, they will look flatter than they do now.

Check out the the before and after screen shots. Any thoughts on what is betterHuh

Link
https://postimg.cc/gallery/4TfmFYn

Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Welcome back to Mr V, and a Happy Xmas/New Year.

This skin is my daily driver on my laptop and is rock solid.  I have only one suggestion - part of which may not be possible due to Kodi limitations rather than skin limitations - it would be nice in widget info to have not just the rating by also the number of votes and (this is the bit that might not be possible) the option to have other ratings such as Rotten Tomatoes
I have always preferred the flat look .
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)0