• 118(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
@latts9923  Appears to be 99.999999% working again for me, one thing i noticed that i wanted to ask about as i'm not sure if it's related, I noticed in my genres section while in poster view , I see the black square around the genre icon....i believe the background is supposed to be transparent, was hoping you could shed some light on that piece, see screenshot as an example. Else, everything in my case is working as normal. Thank you for fixing!

on a separate note, I'm seeing this traceback error in the log for the skin helper service, I think this is the reason that Kodi for me is acting unstable for me and I keep getting skin helper service errors. I'm using skin helper v1.1.43. This is obviously a service issue and not a skin issue, so i think my question is, What's the appropriate support thread for when things like these come up?

Code:

2022-09-11 11:05:42.468 T:31436 WARNING <general>: Skin Helper Service --> Exception details: Type: KeyError Value: 'airdatetime' Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 375, in set_listitem_details
                                                       details, self.metadatautils.get_tvdb_details(
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.simplecache\lib\simplecache.py", line 304, in decorated
                                                       result = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\metadatautils.py", line 280, in get_tvdb_details
                                                       result["lastepisode"] = self.thetvdb.get_last_episode_for_series(result["tvdb_id"])
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.simplecache\lib\simplecache.py", line 304, in decorated
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.thetvdb\lib\thetvdb.py", line 263, in get_last_episode_for_series
                                                       return self.get_episode(highest_eps[1])
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.thetvdb\lib\thetvdb.py", line 168, in get_episode
                                                       episode = self._map_episode_data(episode, seriesdetails)
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.thetvdb\lib\thetvdb.py", line 511, in _map_episode_data
                                                       result["airdatetime.label"] = "%s - %s %s" % (result["airdatetime"],
                                                   KeyError: 'airdatetime'
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
@andrzejls
You're welcome! I'm glad I got you working again. I'm not sure what I did to improve the performance, but that's good news.

@Shredder_guitar
You're welcome! I knew there had to be something I could do to fix the poster problem...finally figured it out. There are two images in the Poster view that create the background for the genre icons. If you open ViewPoster.xml and find <itemlayout> you will see black.png in the first control for the bordertexture image. If you remove that you will see only the transparent genre icon for the unfocused icons. The focused icon has the image grey.png as the bordertexture in the <focusedlayout> controls. I don't want to remove those by default since others may want them displayed. I could make a button in the Top Menu to show/hide the background.

For Skin Helper questions, you can post here.
(2022-09-10, 02:24)latts9923 Wrote: @Bladerunner1962
You can't create your own view for Music Viz, but there are a lot of options available in the Music Viz settings to alter the content of the currently available views.

@andrzejls
OK...that's the result I expected using Character Art Poster. I'm going to take a different approach to the poster code. Let me work on it, and if you don't mind I'll get you to test it for me.

@Chalklands
I can look at adjusting the KodiFlix TV code to display multiple characterart images like the Right List view.
Just looked at the 'right list' view in TV Shows, and it is displaying poster art. What setting do I change to display characterart?
That's perfect! Thank you so much! I was able to remove the black border as well...after removing and looking at it after it was removed, perhaps it was there the whole time and i just never noticed the black before lol. Either way, thanks for the help
@Chalklands
In the Top Menu under "VIEW OPTIONS/CHANGE VIEW" there should be an "EXTRA ART" button that has three settings...ACTRESS, CHARACTERART, and OFF. It may only be visible while browsing Movies. If so, I can make it visible for TV Shows as well.

@Shredder_guitar
Haha...you're welcome! Would you like me to add a button in the Top Menu to show/hide the border?
(2022-09-12, 14:25)latts9923 Wrote: @Chalklands
In the Top Menu under "VIEW OPTIONS/CHANGE VIEW" there should be an "EXTRA ART" button that has three settings...ACTRESS, CHARACTERART, and OFF. It may only be visible while browsing Movies. If so, I can make it visible for TV Shows as well.

@Shredder_guitar
Haha...you're welcome! Would you like me to add a button in the Top Menu to show/hide the border?
Yes it is there for TV shows. Apologies, I didn't see it!
If the changing the setting on my side will be overwritten upon updating to a newer version of the skin, or you have a demand other than just myself for adding that setting, then yes please. Otherwise, i can live with just having changed the setting myself.
(2022-09-11, 21:50)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
You're welcome! I'm glad I got you working again. I'm not sure what I did to improve the performance, but that's good news.

Yes, all is working great. As for increased performance, I do not know. Maybe better code optimization?. Whatever it is, Kodi seems to be more "snappier" than before. Thanks for your great work.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
@latts9923  In the scheme of things, this is a very minor thing, but i've noticed that fanarts don't seem to be cycling for TV shows any more. While in TV shows, In the top menu, under Art, none of these toggles appear to be responsive for me any more and in "Shelf view v2" (view type doesn't really matter, just happens to be the one i use), I've noticed that the thumb in the upper right and the background are the same fanart even though i have several in a TV show folder. Again, not something major, imo, just wanted to report that on my experience. Thanks again for all that you do.
@Shredder_guitar
You bet! I'll take a look at the TV Show fanart settings and Shelf 3D v2.
I noticed that in Music Viz (Furniture Layout 3D) I don't have a CD popping/exiting out like I used to.
What could that be? I couldn't find anything with the search function.
Asrock J5040 powered by Ubuntu 23.10 and KODI
@Schenckmeier
I see the discart for Layout 3D. It appears at about 30 seconds into the song. Did you change your Disc Art settings in the Music Viz settings?

@Shredder_guitar
I just checked TV Show fanart and all the Art settings are working for me.
@latts9923  ok, I just did some more digging with this, and it seems that it was either reinstalling the artwork fanart helper either fixed any issue i was having or it works differently than i thought. I have "Extra Fanart" enabled and i do not see background artwork cycling at the TV show level, however, when i drill into seasons, I see background artwork cycling. I'm going to assume this is by design, so all is well for me.
@Shredder_guitar
The "EXTRA FANART" setting will only cycle fanart if you have the images in an "extrafanart" folder in your TV Show folder. Artwork Helper cycles the TV Show fanart images in the TV show main folder.
cant seem to download the skin from inside repo.
just hangs at 0%

fully clean install and everything else seems ok
is there any issue at current ?

thanks
Si
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod0