• 28(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
(2024-01-10, 02:29)zoopere Wrote: In a wall view of the movie posters the bottom left of the poster will show a check mark if the movie was watched.  If the movie was watched and it has extras, it now shows a star in a circle.  There seems to be no icon if the movie is unwatched and it has extras.  I think the Extra's icon should be present no matter what (movie watched or unwatched) and the watched check mark either moves beside the extras icon or move to another corner of the poster.

That was an oversight of a non-skinner doing skinning :-) Fix prepared.
A separate overlay was not in the cards for v21 - though infowall  / shift / poster views have more space for it than the list views. I'll leave it up to the skinners.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-01-11, 01:57)NeoCortex Wrote: Just encountered a minor thing that might be worth looking at.  Tested it on the Jan 8 Nightly.  
If I have a movie with two versions, A [default] and B, and I remove one of the files from storage and clean my library, here's what happens:
If B is removed, the listing for A works as expected and is treated as a movie with no alternate versions.
If A is removed, the listing is removed entirely.  I can then re-scan my library and B will be added back in.

So my question is, should this behavior change?  If the default version of a movie is removed and the library cleaned, should the listing disappear entirely?  Or should one of the other versions present be chosen to be the new default. Maybe just arbitrarily pick one for the sake of keeping the library listing and the user can specify if they want to change it on their own later.

When there's only two versions, it's not really an issue, but if someone has like five versions of a movie and removes only the default version and cleans their library, they then have to re-do the versioning for what's left as it is now.

The current behavior is not ideal and reviewing clean library is on my list.
Keep the reports coming.
No promises though, time is limited for v21.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-01-11, 00:39)Karellen Wrote: FYI... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=375736
@Karellen

Perfect timing! You just saved me asking about file naming and ID numbering to get the versions recognized when scanning. Thank you.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.3
(2024-01-11, 01:57)NeoCortex Wrote: Just encountered a minor thing that might be worth looking at.  Tested it on the Jan 8 Nightly.  
If I have a movie with two versions, A [default] and B, and I remove one of the files from storage and clean my library, here's what happens:
If B is removed, the listing for A works as expected and is treated as a movie with no alternate versions.
If A is removed, the listing is removed entirely.  I can then re-scan my library and B will be added back in.

So my question is, should this behavior change?  If the default version of a movie is removed and the library cleaned, should the listing disappear entirely?  Or should one of the other versions present be chosen to be the new default. Maybe just arbitrarily pick one for the sake of keeping the library listing and the user can specify if they want to change it on their own later.

When there's only two versions, it's not really an issue, but if someone has like five versions of a movie and removes only the default version and cleans their library, they then have to re-do the versioning for what's left as it is now.
I guess you should really be using the versions manager first so you can change the default version before removing it from your storage.
Thank you, all, for your work on adding this feature.

It's no doubt too late for v21 but maybe this feature could be implemented for Music Videos as well sometime in the future? I currently don't have a lot of movies with multiple versions but I do have a lot of music videos with multiple versions. I think this feature is perfectly suited for music videos?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.3
(2024-01-11, 10:56)Hitcher Wrote:

I guess you should really be using the versions manager first so you can change the default version before removing it from your storage.

Yeah, that's probably good practice.  I honestly see it as an edge case scenario.  I just did it because I was messing around with stuff on my test install and noticed the behavior.  I don't really see it being an issue for me during normal use, but I could see it popping up for some users going forward.
A couple of question regarding library updates, the answer to which should probably go in the wiki Karellen is writing:
  1. Is there any file naming convention that defines the version name?
  2. If there are multiple version of a movie in a directory what is the file naming convention which defines which is the Parent vs Child as the library is updated?
Re: 1, an earlier post mentioned some file naming that could define the version name but I hadn't seen anything more on this.  I don't think it's a feature of the new versioning but wanted to be sure.
Re: 2, from what I've seen the first alpha-numeric file name found is the parent.  So,
  if your file names are "Alien (1979) - Director's Cut" and "Alien (1979) - Theatrical Version", the Director's Cut will be the Parent and first on the version list. 
  if your file names are "Riddick (2013) - Theatrical Version" and "Riddick (2013) - Unrated Director's Cut", then the Theatrical Version will be the Parent and first on the version list.
it'd be nice for the wiki to make this clear so that folks understand how file naming impacts which version will be the parent and how that impacts the order on the versions list of movies.
(2024-01-12, 02:08)zoopere Wrote: Is there any file naming convention that defines the version name?
No. That will be implemented at another time. It's too late for v21

(2024-01-12, 02:08)zoopere Wrote: If there are multiple version of a movie in a directory what is the file naming convention which defines which is the Parent vs Child as the library is updated?
The scanner operates alphabetically. Removed as may not be correct answer.
You can change the default at any time so it's not a critical issue.
Give me an hour as I have made major updates to the wiki page that I am just proof-reading, and it will be explained there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
One change I noticed in a recent nightly is how artwork is handled for versions.  In a previous build, I was able to set poster artwork for each individual version of a movie as well as separate poster artwork for the Parent listing in the library.  As of the current build (morning of Jan 13), it seems that the library listing always just shows the poster of the Default version of the movie.  It's not a big deal, but I did prefer to have one poster for the library listing and unique posters for each version (including the default one).

If this is an intentional change because it makes other stuff easier, then that's fine.  It's not a hill I want to die on.  Just figured I'd chime in.  It's definitely a low priority thing as far as this feature goes.
Howdy. I've got the "MANAGE VERSIONS" button from the Context Menu to open the Video Version window in the Aeon MQ 9 skin, but I cannot figure out how to get the "CHOOSE VERSION" and "PLAY VERSION USING..." buttons to open the window.
It's a different window for those, without a defined layout it should open dialog select with it's default layout, for your own layout the window id is
cpp:
selectvideoversion

See Estuary implementation https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Select.xml
(2024-01-27, 16:06)latts9923 Wrote: Howdy. I've got the "MANAGE VERSIONS" button from the Context Menu to open the Video Version window in the Aeon MQ 9 skin, but I cannot figure out how to get the "CHOOSE VERSION" and "PLAY VERSION USING..." buttons to open the window.
You're better off asking the Aeon MQ forum to find out if they've coded the relevant dialogs yet.
@jjd-uk
Got it working now...thank you!

@Hitcher
I'm the one working on the MQ 9 mod for Omega.
(2024-01-27, 22:52)latts9923 Wrote: @Hitcher
I'm the one working on the MQ 9 mod for Omega.
Sorry about that. Wink
@Hitcher
No worries!
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1