Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-04-20, 23:28)Middle Wrote: [ -> ]Since many ppl are having some trouble with the plugin from official repo
and i did some fixes in a old version.
I decide to make this version independent,
so will not be affected by repo and keep updating.

I also add channel archives support
this feature is available in streams context menu [C] key in stream view.

This is working quite well,
and you can use it until a new version come out from StateOfTheArt.

Changes:

v1.0
  • • Add channel archives support
    • Add number of viewers info using "Plot"
    • Add option to force default view for streams
    • Add option to view offline followed streams
    • Fix teams section to use twitch API
    • Fix search to search only live streams
    • Thumb fixes
    • Some other small bugfixes
    • First working version
    • [StateOfTheArt original version 0.2.2]

fell free to use it and give me some feedback if you want.
i will keep working slowing on this until we got official version.

Download and install from zip or whatever.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9006...tch.tv.zip

Cheers

TYVM, works much better than the ttv android app
(2013-04-20, 23:28)Middle Wrote: [ -> ]Since many ppl are having some trouble with the plugin from official repo

Changes:

v1.0
    • Thumb fixes
    • First working version

Cheers

Downloaded and installed but I'm still having the same issue as with the official Twitch. When I go to play a stream it says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."

I have attached my log to this post and was wondering if I could get some feedback on whether its my setup or the app. I'm running Crystalbuntu 2 on ATV1.

XBMC Log
(2013-04-21, 20:39)JD11 Wrote: [ -> ]Downloaded and installed but I'm still having the same issue as with the official Twitch. When I go to play a stream it says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."

I have attached my log to this post and was wondering if I could get some feedback on whether its my setup or the app. I'm running Crystalbuntu 2 on ATV1.

XBMC Log

The log shows you have an old version of librtmp. Did you follow the instructions to update it?
(2013-04-21, 20:55)max_gradient Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-21, 20:39)JD11 Wrote: [ -> ]Downloaded and installed but I'm still having the same issue as with the official Twitch. When I go to play a stream it says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."

XBMC Log

The log shows you have an old version of librtmp. Did you follow the instructions to update it?

I haven't updated the librtmp and I'm just using the stock on provided with CB2. The Wiki suggest using the updates from redpenguin, but I don't know which one would apply for CB2 (which is linux) running on ATV1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi!

I've the same problem as my mates.

I had problems with the official version 1.2.6 and the same with the version 1.0 recently posted by Middle.

Here is the log:

http://pastebin.com/QLKrKbJR

My system is an Apple TV 2 with iOS 4.3 (2557), XMBC 12.1

I updated librtmp with this file http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr overwriting this file /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib

Thank you all for the work & effort.
(2013-04-22, 01:23)JD11 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't updated the librtmp and I'm just using the stock on provided with CB2. The Wiki suggest using the updates from redpenguin, but I don't know which one would apply for CB2 (which is linux) running on ATV1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Really sorry but I have no idea on how to upgrade the lib on ATV1. I can however tell you that an old version of the lib is your problem, once you figure out how to upgrade you should be golden.
(2013-04-20, 23:28)Middle Wrote: [ -> ]Download and install from zip or whatever.

Cheers

Thanks Middle I didn't realise that your latest changes were not the same as the StateOftheArt version which I missed for some reason, my librtmp was already updated so I uninstalled the repo version and installed the zip and it now works, I'm super happy!
Hi, does anyone know how to fix the "follow" section? It's showing non-live feeds even though my settings are to show only live feeds. This happens in StateOftheArt's version, JustinTV and Middle's version.

Thanks.
(2013-04-24, 22:51)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, does anyone know how to fix the "follow" section? It's showing non-live feeds even though my settings are to show only live feeds. This happens in StateOftheArt's version, JustinTV and Middle's version.

Thanks.

There is no way to fix it, not plugin problem,
something is wrong with justinTV servers,
only live streams parameter is not working and channel archives is returning empty.

They should fix soon (i hope).
(2013-04-24, 22:59)Middle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-24, 22:51)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, does anyone know how to fix the "follow" section? It's showing non-live feeds even though my settings are to show only live feeds. This happens in StateOftheArt's version, JustinTV and Middle's version.

Thanks.

only live streams parameter is not working and channel archives is returning empty.

Thanks for letting me know. Since your plugin works the best right now, is there anyway you could add the username of the broadcaster when listing channels on the the follow list. So a channel would says e.g. Cthulhu_the_3rd -- "Yoshi's Island, first time evar", where Cthulhu_the_3rd is the broadcaster's username and "Yoshi's Island, first time evar" is the name of his program?

Right now all I see is the name of the programs, and sometimes people don't give a title, and I just see a default title "none".

Thanks.

Changes:

v1.0
    • Thumb fixes
    • First working version

Cheers

Thanks for this, Middle. It works.
(2013-04-25, 05:40)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-24, 22:59)Middle Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know. Since your plugin works the best right now, is there anyway you could add the username of the broadcaster when listing channels on the the follow list. So a channel would says e.g. Cthulhu_the_3rd -- "Yoshi's Island, first time evar", where Cthulhu_the_3rd is the broadcaster's username and "Yoshi's Island, first time evar" is the name of his program?

Right now all I see is the name of the programs, and sometimes people don't give a title, and I just see a default title "none".

Thanks.

Actually i have something in mind for this, i will see what i can do,
channel archives is working again, not in the right sort order.
they should fix it soon, if they don't fix it,
then i`ll have to deal with user authentication to get only live streams Sad this may take a while.

(2013-04-25, 17:17)8hatchery Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this, Middle. It works.

thx for the feedback.
Hi Middle, i just installed Twitch TV from the link in your post, and i created an account and followed a couple of channels (thepremierleague and riotgames).
I inputted my username in the settings, but when i go to play anything, it just says "opening stream" and nothing happens. So i restarted XBMC. Now it says "Opening Stream" that closes and "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."

Is this what you're talking about when you said
(2013-04-25, 18:22)Middle Wrote: [ -> ]There is no way to fix it, not plugin problem,

(2013-04-28, 21:31)RumbleFish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Middle, i just installed Twitch TV from the link in your post, and i created an account and followed a couple of channels (thepremierleague and riotgames).
I inputted my username in the settings, but when i go to play anything, it just says "opening stream" and nothing happens. So i restarted XBMC. Now it says "Opening Stream" that closes and "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."

Is this what you're talking about when you said
(2013-04-25, 18:22)Middle Wrote: [ -> ]There is no way to fix it, not plugin problem,

This issue is only regarding following section showing offline channels,
if the channel is live it should play for you.
if you cant play anything in games/featured ...
then i need your debug log to see if i can spot the problem.

usually apple users have problem playing streams, they need to update the librtmp
i cant help you if this is your case since i don't use this hardware but there is plenty info around about it.
(2013-04-28, 21:48)Middle Wrote: [ -> ]This issue is only regarding following section showing offline channels,
if the channel is live it should play for you.
if you cant play anything in games/featured ...
then i need your debug log to see if i can spot the problem.

usually apple users have problem playing streams, they need to update the librtmp
i cant help you if this is your case since i don't use this hardware but there is plenty info around about it.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. Smile
I have been trying a few different things, but no luck.
I am using Android, and trying thepremierleague.
I have it working in the browser, but i cannot get it to work in XBMC. How do i upload a debug log? BlushConfusedHuh

Oh, sorry, i think i know how. I'll upload it now in a minute.