Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just discovered this program. works great on OS X! thanks!
Hi Myron,

That'll be it thanks! They are all in the same folder.

Don't suppose you know any scripts which can loop through the movies and place them in their individual folders in linux? (cheeky I know!)

Thanks
Matt

(2013-04-21, 12:00)myron Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Matt

are all your movies in a single folder, or in separate ones?
For TMM only movies in separate folders is working.

else - i have no clue.
Please use the bugreport featrue and submit us some log files...
Hi Matt,

you could try the following script (just execute it in the directory, which holds all you movie files)

Code:
find . -type f -exec sh -c 'mkdir "${1%.*}" ; mv "$1" "${1%.*}" ' _ {} \;

it will create a directory for every file and move the file to the corresponding direcotry

hth
manuel
Just a short status update:

we are working hard on restructuring tmm to a better basis for future enhancements.
The first enhancement is the support for TV Shows (which is almost done).

I hope all things for a new release will be done soon - but there is still much to test. We still need some beta testers who will test our nightly builds. Please PM me if you want to get access to nightly builds.

----------------
Just a little example for the work we have done: the last release was r375 and currently we are at r479 - so there were more than 100 commits in the last month for this release Wink
Another metric value: currently tmm contains almost 30.000 lines of code.
Awesome, thanks for the update
Love your work, awesome program cant wait for future releases!

If I can suggest one improvement- Incorporate file/folder renaming. At the moment if I manually scrape a movie (perhaps the file name wasnt quite right) I can locate the correct movie and download appropriate NFO and fanart...but it doesn't rename the files to the newly selected movie (hope that makes sense)

Eg- currently have "Movie (2003)" realise its scraped the wrong details so I do a manual scrape and search for the correct "Movie (2012)"...TMM downloads all the right information and images...but my file names are still "Movie (2003)"

Otherwise I love it and look forward to your future releases and TV integration! Smile
Hi,

sorry for the late response (RL hit me hard this spring Smile ).

I hope I got you right: you want to have an option to automatically rename movies after scraping (or editing to be consequent)?
I think this would be an easy task - I'll put it also on my to do list for the next release

manuel
well, the manual rename should already work fine.
Just select one (ore more) movies and right click -> rename.
This will nicely clean all the folders and files according to your naming convention in the settings tab Smile

I'm currently reworking the complete movie scanner & renamer, so we might invoke this function automatically after scraping (at least optionally)
hth
(2013-05-02, 10:18)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]Just a short status update:

we are working hard on restructuring tmm to a better basis for future enhancements.
The first enhancement is the support for TV Shows (which is almost done).

Any news on when the TV show support will be available? That's the primary reason that I'm interested in an nfo generator/editor, all of the bonus content in TV Show DVD/BD that don't show up in thetvdb.com's "specials" database for the scaper.

1) I'll happily donate when this functionality is available.

2) I'll also happily beta test.

Thanks!
TV show support is almost implemented - the main work is done, but there are still some smaller issues I want to fix before releasing a new version.
I am sorry, but I can only say: It's done when it's done Big Grin

There is also a big need for testing everything in tmm (due to massive changes in the structure) - so I will be happy to get you as beta tester Wink

I will also post some screenshots of the tv show section, when the UI is almost don (I hope this will be soon)
here are a few screenshots with impressions of the (almost finished) tv show section:

We try to finish this section asap, but there are still some points to implement and much to test..

by the way: at the moment we included a "minimal" featureset for the tv shows which does not include the renamer. Should we wait with the release until the renamer is done or should we ship the renamer with an update.
What do you think?

have a nice weekend
manuel
any thought to adding filters for missing metadata like trailers, posters,fanart..... that way we can pinpoint what movies are missing what without scrolling through whole list. THanks for the great job
Very promising. Can hardly wait for the next release Smile
Would it be possible, when getting media info, to load all audio and subs streams (like MediaElch). Right now, IIRC, it just get the first ones.

Thanks.
When you choose to rename selected movie everything is changed except the subtitles
@mlaggner:

Re: TV show / episode renaming.

Since there are tools out there that can handle renaming right off the bat, and are tools many of us will use (in conjunction with) TinyMediaManager I vote for a release now with TV support.

Also, those of us who catalogue and organize our TV shows will, in my view at least, be more dedicated to making sure the file names are as we'd like BEFORE adding the series / episodes to a scraper app like TinyMediaManager, because organizing a TV show takes much more effort on the part of the end-user to accomplish than a single movie, so we'll go the extra mile to get it right before attempting to scrape. Just my take on things.

I have Sickbeard to organize and name my episodes, so such a feature in TMM isn't a critical need for me. Where Sickbeard lacks (in my opinion), and where I want TMM to plug the gap, is preparing the shows/episodes I do own to be compatible with all aspects of XBMC.

Thanks for your hard work, whatever/whenever you decide to release.

Smile