Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-30, 21:02)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-30, 16:18)akya Wrote: [ -> ]Why TMM stores actors in tbn format?

that's from the "old ages" of tmm - XBMC until Frodo stored actor thumbs in .tbn
And because there is no "newer" information at the XBMC wiki, we didn't recognize Frodo is storing them no longer in .tbn..

It's already on our todo list

Cool.. I just tried it for the first time yesterday and was wondering. So is the todo list available publicly? Angel
no - it is our internal brainstorming and task-list Wink
(2013-10-31, 08:33)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]no - it is our internal brainstorming and task-list Wink

Hehe.. okay.. but this looks promising.. I will surely keep an eye out.. Good work Smile
01.11.2013 - version 2.4.6
feature: new TV show renamer option: 01x01 format
feature: added a tag for optional tokens {}
fix: added -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true to solve possible networking problems
fix: regression when choosing of local files
fix: reworked actor images (better import performance, jpg/png instead of tbn)
fix: removed www.imdb.de (isn't working anymore - www.imdb.com is taken all the time, including a force to the preferred scraping language)
fix: some graphical changes to the moviechooser

hint for the optional replacement:
{} = optional replacement
eg: {Year $Y} -> "Year 2013" if $Y is not empty
if $Y is empty (or no $x replacement inside) the complete tag is empty
@mlaggner

Finally got 2.4.5 up and running, but lots of little problems after many hour of wrestling with it, gave up and came back here for lots more help.

Then I just saw 2.4.6 released on the thread. Downloaded and ran, but same problem again with wanting proxies etc, even after changing the .sh startup script to what you worked out was needed for for 2.4.5 to run.

Put 2.4.5 back on with the altered .sh startup and it worked and updated to 2.4.6, which now runs OK.

(2.4.6 will not run with the altered .sh startup you worked out for 2.4.5 - 2.4.5 will and updates itself to 2.4.6)

Now to my main request - early in this thread some one asked about logo, clearart, diskart etc from fanart.tv - I can't find where to enable or download it in tmm. It's probably just my noobishness with this prog, but cannot find it anyhere.

Hint Please Huh?

Otherise 2.4.6 working OK so far.
Just installed this app. Problem is I can't add movies or tv shows? Am I missing the bleeding obvious? There are menu options update data sources but clicking on them does nothing. How do I set the source?
(2013-11-03, 10:04)arishem Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed this app. Problem is I can't add movies or tv shows? Am I missing the bleeding obvious? There are menu options update data sources but clicking on them does nothing. How do I set the source?

Click on Settings in the left panel => Movies => Datasources
Thanks. My bad. Kept looking for the settings in the top menu options.
(2013-11-03, 08:34)teemac Wrote: [ -> ]@mlaggner

Finally got 2.4.5 up and running, but lots of little problems after many hour of wrestling with it, gave up and came back here for lots more help.

Then I just saw 2.4.6 released on the thread. Downloaded and ran, but same problem again with wanting proxies etc, even after changing the .sh startup script to what you worked out was needed for for 2.4.5 to run.

Put 2.4.5 back on with the altered .sh startup and it worked and updated to 2.4.6, which now runs OK.

(2.4.6 will not run with the altered .sh startup you worked out for 2.4.5 - 2.4.5 will and updates itself to 2.4.6)

Now to my main request - early in this thread some one asked about logo, clearart, diskart etc from fanart.tv - I can't find where to enable or download it in tmm. It's probably just my noobishness with this prog, but cannot find it anyhere.

Hint Please Huh?

Otherise 2.4.6 working OK so far.

I think I have to release new installers (you are not able to update to the fixed version with the netinstaller version..) - but after updating to 2.4.6 tmm should work?
btw: if you download the netinstaller, it will automatically update you to the latest version; if I release a new version, I won't update the netinstaller (because there is no need to). tMM has some sort of rolling release model Wink

I did not have time to include logo, clearart, diskart ... (you see - we are two guy, working almost every day on tmm, but we also do have a RL Wink ) I hope I find some time soon (and also integrating fanart.tv for TV shows, ..)
@mlaggner

OK about the thememusic, logo, diskart etc - just thought I was missing something - no problem.

One other small question (NOT a problem) I could not find any SAVE CHANGES button - most other MediaManagers have one.
When any fanart, posters, nfo etcs are changed in tmm for any TVShow or Movie, I have noticed this changes them immediately in the medias source folders, without clicking any SAVE CHANGES type of button - is this correct procedure ?

tMM looks great so far - Thanks for all your work you guys.
Yes, our settings are saved automatically, and enforced for all new scrapes, changes & co.
Existing movies & TV shows can be "upgraded" with "rename & cleanup"...
Been using this tool for the past few days. Have previously used Ember and Media Companion. Both those tools have nice features but this is my new favorite. Very easy to use and a straight forward approach.

Only found one thing I would like to do but haven't been able to get work. Adding tags to TV Show episodes. I tried it using Bulk edit but it doesn't seem to write a new .nfo

Great tool! Thanks!
unfortunately the bulk editing for TV shows only allows tags to be set for a TV show (not episode)

Is there a need to implement tags for episodes too?
(2013-11-08, 20:17)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]unfortunately the bulk editing for TV shows only allows tags to be set for a TV show (not episode)

Is there a need to implement tags for episodes too?

Like a lot of things I think it is a nice to have not a need to have.

Some examples of when I might use this would be tagging favorite episodes, tagging the X-Files episodes that relate to the alien-conspiracy, tagging Christmas episodes, making a list of funniest episodes, etc. As I said not essential but could be a fun feature. Thanks
-
(2013-10-30, 21:02)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-30, 16:18)akya Wrote: [ -> ]Why TMM stores actors in tbn format?

that's from the "old ages" of tmm - XBMC until Frodo stored actor thumbs in .tbn
And because there is no "newer" information at the XBMC wiki, we didn't recognize Frodo is storing them no longer in .tbn..

It's already on our todo list

Any idea when that will be fixed? Would love to try this app!

Never mind... 01.11.2013 – version 2.4.6

Wonder if it is possible for you to ask the moderatros to create a separate subforum for this app rahter than have all support things go into one giant topic...