Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just upgraded.....awesome!! Thanks for all your hard work on this.
Just launched TMM (in Linux) to see it now does TV shows, thanks for all the work you've done, this is great!
Hello

I am liking the new TV Show View but is there anyway of editing the episode thumbnail from within the program as i can't find this option.

Thanks
@mtoddster: looks like I forgot this for the release Wink I will put it in with the next release

@all: I am wondering if v2 is running good? no more feature request and/or bug report this week Huh
Can someone please help me with the "export" function?

I selected movies, clicked export, set template and destination folder, then finally "export". No error message or anything, but nothing appears in the destination folder.

So I checked the TMM log, here's the error:
Code:
2013-06-13 16:06:40,142 INFO  [main] o.t.core.movie.MovieExporter:147 - preparing movie export; using C:\Users\abc\AppData\Roaming\tinyMediaManager\templates\ListExampleHtml
2013-06-13 16:06:40,153 INFO  [main] o.t.core.movie.MovieExporter:220 - generating movie list
2013-06-13 16:06:40,185 ERROR [main] o.t.u.movies.dialogs.MovieExporterDialog:187 - Error exporting movies: Error while parsing 'movie.id' at location (56:77): Property 'id' on object 'Movie[titleSortable=Dark Knight, The,sortTitle=Dark Knight, ... ... ...

I tried all 4 provided templates. Same error.
Running Windows 8 with the latest Java.
@ilovecats: thanks for reporting. I will have a look at it

EDIT: already fixed. will be in the next release
Bugfix release r650:

14.06.2013 - version 2 - r650
feature: changing episode thumbs now possible (local files)
fix: error in movie exporting
fix: crash when using empty tags
fix: crash when having an episode/season number < 0 or > 999
fix: storing window size/position settings everytime tmm closes
fix: multithreading issue (occasionally crashes on import/scraping)
fix: prevent loading of system jna for linux user
Just got a bug report from Chris (0 Bytes written in linux).
Could you please contact me via pm or mail?
(2013-06-14, 14:31)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]Bugfix release r650:

14.06.2013 - version 2 - r650
feature: changing episode thumbs now possible (local files)
fix: error in movie exporting
fix: crash when using empty tags
fix: crash when having an episode/season number < 0 or > 999
fix: storing window size/position settings everytime tmm closes
fix: multithreading issue (occasionally crashes on import/scraping)
fix: prevent loading of system jna for linux user

Thanks for the update. It seems to me only the list (html) template works. The detail templates (both 1 and 2) still output nothing. Error log:

Code:
2013-06-16 20:54:47,991 ERROR [main] o.t.u.movies.dialogs.MovieExporterDialog:168 - Error exporting movies: Error while parsing 'movie.name' at location (18:53): Property 'name' on object 'Movie[titleSortable= xxx ... ...

BTW this is the best media manager I've ever used and I've used quite a few paid ones such as meta browser. I can't believe how it can be so small, so fast, so simple and yet does everything right. Impressive work there sir!
(2013-06-17, 03:59)ilovecats Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update. It seems to me only the list (html) template works. The detail templates (both 1 and 2) still output nothing. Error log:

Code:
2013-06-16 20:54:47,991 ERROR [main] o.t.u.movies.dialogs.MovieExporterDialog:168 - Error exporting movies: Error while parsing 'movie.name' at location (18:53): Property 'name' on object 'Movie[titleSortable= xxx ... ...

omg, I still missed an other thing in the template (the syntax check does not work there). I will patch it soon. But you can patch it easily yourself, if you don't want to wait:

in the templates folder inside the tmm install directory there are all templates nested. In the Detail templates change in the list.jmte the token "${movie.name}" to "${movie.title}" to fix it temporarily.
btw: you can also adapt one template to your needs. Simply copy one of the templates to a new directory (inside the templates folder) and adapt it to your needs. It should be loaded by tmm on the fly Wink
ATTENTION: if you change an existing template it will be overwritten in future releases.

Quote:BTW this is the best media manager I've ever used and I've used quite a few paid ones such as meta browser. I can't believe how it can be so small, so fast, so simple and yet does everything right. Impressive work there sir!

Thanks Smile
Just tried the latest version with TV Shows, very impressed with what has been done so far :-)

I was wondering if the is any plans to include an XBMC sync feature, the sync removes the entries from the XBMC database then requests XBMC to rescan so it then picks up all the new meta data and images etc. I have scraped

This is the most useful feature for me of the current media manager I use so really looking for this feature before I would consider moving to another media manager
am I the only one that the trailers that are scraped by tinyMediaManager do not work in XBMC, they don't load when trailer mode is selected..
@asharak: at the moment there is no connection to xmbc beside the NFOs. I could imagine to implement such a feature, is XBMC provides any kind of webservice call to trigger the process. I will not implement any kind of database modification. Do you know if there is any way to trigger xbmc to rescan the library?
EDIT: Myron investigated a bit and found out, that with frodo there is a JSON interface to xbmc. We will put this on our ToDo list

@Negativecreep0: the trailer in the NFO are only the links to the trailer. Myron mentioned that there is a xbmc plugin for trailers which need a proper url encoding (like "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=..." ). Do you use this addon?
@mlaggner thanks for looking into it I look forward to seeing it added in the future, very impressed with what you have done recently so will keep a close eye on developments in the hope to make this my Media Manager of choice
As a Linux user looking for a desktop movie manager / media library, I've looked at them all, and yours is the best. Everything else out there seems to be for managing physical DVD collections, not files. Automatically adding new movies after copying them to the root directory and then to be able to one-click scrape for info for them are features I haven't been able to find in any other program. Now I understand this is meant as a companion for a media center program, but as a desktop user, I don't want to use a full screen application for picking and viewing a movie. TMM is perfect not only for building a movie database, but for searching and playing movies as well, if only I had a Play button! Could I request there be a way to launch a movie with the system default player (VLC in my case)? While I'm asking for things, it would also be nice to be able to filter by more than one genre.

Thanks!