Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(2013-04-07, 23:57)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Why doesnt this skin appear from inside the XBMC addons to download from there?

I agree, this should be added to the XBMC development repository or to something like SuperRepo.
Is there a github for this skin at this moment ?
Love this skin, but is there a way to change the rating appearance from 5 stars to ten, or numerical? 5 stars is too general, and almost everything i have gets out o5, so it has become mundane information...
New version available (5.3.0)!

Changes include:

- Fixed transparency issues with AddonInformation etc.
- Fixed order of dialogs in fullscreen video.
- Added a progressbar on home screen main menu when music is playing (can be disabled in Skin Settings under Home).
- Added support for script.libraryeditor in fullscreen InformationDialogs for movies, tv shows, music videos and music (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158775).
- Updated and fixed BreadCrumbs.
- Updated support for clearlogo and clearart
- Fixed TV Show Thumbs Info View to fully support clearlogo and clearart (thanks to past79)

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?b87vl5z73pw657j

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I need to adress a lot of issues mentioned in the previous posts, but at the moment I'm veeeeeeeery busy at work.

past79: I used most of your code to fix the Thumbs Info view and changed some animation + cosmetic stuff. Let me know what you think.

(2013-04-07, 23:57)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Why doesnt this skin appear from inside the XBMC addons to download from there?

(2013-04-08, 13:05)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, this should be added to the XBMC development repository or to something like SuperRepo.
Is there a github for this skin at this moment ?

I have no idea how to do this and as I understand it only original versions of skins are allowed in XBMC Repo? This is my updated version of Rapier, originally created by scarfa. But if someone can help me do any of this (github/SuperRepo etc.), I would appreciate it very much. As I have mentioned before, I am not at all a developer - just doing this for fun in my spare time :-)

I will look for some info in the forums about this...
(2013-04-22, 18:33)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Love this skin, but is there a way to change the rating appearance from 5 stars to ten, or numerical? 5 stars is too general, and almost everything i have gets out o5, so it has become mundane information...

If you go to the menu bar and View options, you can find a setting to show either star rating or Imdb rating.
Yes i later realized that but it isnt aesthetically appealing either. Instead I was thinking, either a 10 star rating (could be too much) 5 star but with half star display, (So 5 out of 10 is 2.5 stars out of 5), or a combination of both stars and rating. Showing stars and next to them the numerical rating. Could any of these ideas be an iimprovement to current status?
Thanks for the update Gade!
  • clearart/-logo/Thumbs Info looking great now. Haven't been able to take a look into the code yet, but who cares if it's working Wink

• Loving the library editor, had to do these things by SQL up until now. Nice addition!

• The BreadCrumbs could still use some work, maybe i can look into that if you are busy right now.
    eg. when i go to movie library, it displays

[home] > MOVIES > > [selection] >
    ([home] being the little house-icon, and [selection] the currently selected item)

then i select genres

[home] > MOVIES > GENRES > [selection] >

in file mode, it freaks out completely

[home] > VIDEOS > FILES > >

then i select a movie source, and it seems to be stuck at

[home] > MOVIES > > >

writing this, i'm beginning to see a pattern here... Cool

Quote:Instead I was thinking, either a 10 star rating (could be too much) 5 star but with half star display, (So 5 out of 10 is 2.5 stars out of 5), or a combination of both stars and rating. Showing stars and next to them the numerical rating. Could any of these ideas be an iimprovement to current status?

I agree, 10 stars definitly are too much. Half stars combined with numerical could look pretty good, but there is one problem: As i see it, is that the stars / rating directly come from xbmc infolabels, not the skin itself (ListItem.Rating, ListItem.StarRating). So to make it work, these functions would have to be implemented into the skin, from scratch. Can't tell right now if it's really worth it...

As always, thanks for your efforts!
(2013-04-25, 16:51)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i later realized that but it isnt aesthetically appealing either. Instead I was thinking, either a 10 star rating (could be too much) 5 star but with half star display, (So 5 out of 10 is 2.5 stars out of 5), or a combination of both stars and rating. Showing stars and next to them the numerical rating. Could any of these ideas be an iimprovement to current status?

(2013-04-26, 16:30)past79 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, 10 stars definitly are too much. Half stars combined with numerical could look pretty good, but there is one problem: As i see it, is that the stars / rating directly come from xbmc infolabels, not the skin itself (ListItem.Rating, ListItem.StarRating). So to make it work, these functions would have to be implemented into the skin, from scratch. Can't tell right now if it's really worth it...

The regular Star Rating goes from 0-5 stars. But I can add an option in the view options for regular rating (imdb etc.) to use stars instead of labels, and create half stars:

Rating 1: Image

Rating 2: Image

Rating 3: Image

Is this what you mean?

(2013-04-26, 16:30)past79 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update Gade!
  • clearart/-logo/Thumbs Info looking great now. Haven't been able to take a look into the code yet, but who cares if it's working Wink

• Loving the library editor, had to do these things by SQL up until now. Nice addition!

• The BreadCrumbs could still use some work, maybe i can look into that if you are busy right now.
    eg. when i go to movie library, it displays

[home] > MOVIES > > [selection] >
    ([home] being the little house-icon, and [selection] the currently selected item)

then i select genres

[home] > MOVIES > GENRES > [selection] >

in file mode, it freaks out completely

[home] > VIDEOS > FILES > >

then i select a movie source, and it seems to be stuck at

[home] > MOVIES > > >

writing this, i'm beginning to see a pattern here... Cool

Great that you like the changes and additions!

I completely agree that the breadcrumbs need some maintenance and I will look into it soon.
(2013-04-27, 21:21)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-25, 16:51)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i later realized that but it isnt aesthetically appealing either. Instead I was thinking, either a 10 star rating (could be too much) 5 star but with half star display, (So 5 out of 10 is 2.5 stars out of 5), or a combination of both stars and rating. Showing stars and next to them the numerical rating. Could any of these ideas be an iimprovement to current status?

(2013-04-26, 16:30)past79 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, 10 stars definitly are too much. Half stars combined with numerical could look pretty good, but there is one problem: As i see it, is that the stars / rating directly come from xbmc infolabels, not the skin itself (ListItem.Rating, ListItem.StarRating). So to make it work, these functions would have to be implemented into the skin, from scratch. Can't tell right now if it's really worth it...

The regular Star Rating goes from 0-5 stars. But I can add an option in the view options for regular rating (imdb etc.) to use stars instead of labels, and create half stars:

Rating 1: Image

Rating 2: Image

Rating 3: Image

Is this what you mean?

Yes that's exactly what half stars should look like! So you mean you plan to replace numeric ratings with that, or replace full stars with half stars? The implementing part confused me. But the half stars look great.
(2013-05-02, 09:26)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that's exactly what half stars should look like! So you mean you plan to replace numeric ratings with that, or replace full stars with half stars? The implementing part confused me. But the half stars look great.

Great.

I can't change the way Star Rating is displayed. That rating goes from 0-5.

I was thinking of adding an option in View Options to display the regular numeric rating as stars (like the ones above). That option would only appear if you disable Star Rating (and use regular rating: imdb etc.). So you choose either numeric value or stars... I think both at the same time would take up too much space.
Here is my modified version of the Rapier skin. The actor metadata add-on is incorporated in the skin as well.

Also added IMDB ratings,Top 250 ratings and completley reworked the TV Show episode screen. I will post some more shots later on.

Screenshot #1 - TV Details

Screenshot #2 - Genres

Screenshot #3 - Movie Details

Screenshot #4 - Movie Wall

Screenshot #5 - Episode Screenshot
hi does anyone how how to get the TV info into the epg guide screen?
i see the post "PVR - in timeline, you may notice that there is a lot of blank space at the bottom of the timeline. This blank space use to be occupied by the channel logo and show description etc... However that information is no longer shown, it's just blank."

has this been fixed or am i using an old version?
thanks
(2013-05-02, 09:48)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-02, 09:26)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that's exactly what half stars should look like! So you mean you plan to replace numeric ratings with that, or replace full stars with half stars? The implementing part confused me. But the half stars look great.

Great.

I can't change the way Star Rating is displayed. That rating goes from 0-5.

I was thinking of adding an option in View Options to display the regular numeric rating as stars (like the ones above). That option would only appear if you disable Star Rating (and use regular rating: imdb etc.). So you choose either numeric value or stars... I think both at the same time would take up too much space.

Hi is there any progress on the half stars ugrade? Has it been implemented? Also i got another idea as for the 10 star rating. Instead of having 10 stars in one row, how a bout 2 rows of 5 stars? Could that look better somehow? Enough to pull it off?

(2013-05-15, 16:50)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my modified version of the Rapier skin. The actor metadata add-on is incorporated in the skin as well.

Also added IMDB ratings,Top 250 ratings and completley reworked the TV Show episode screen. I will post some more shots later on.

Screenshot #1 - TV Details

Screenshot #2 - Genres

Screenshot #3 - Movie Details

Screenshot #4 - Movie Wall

Screenshot #5 - Episode Screenshot

Nice one. How can we get this one as well?
I will post the entire package as soon as I clean up the code a bit. I should have it all done this weekend.
Hey guys, hi Gade.

I've patched the breadcrumbs and fixed the repeating problem (you can download the patched file below, place it in the 720p folder), therefore taking a little workload off you Gade. Thanks for a great update, by the way.

I have one request, though. Could you please upload the raw textures somewhere accessible? Or at least provide a bundle with only the files you've added to the textures.xbt in the "media" folder. At the moment there is no way for me to compare Scarfa's source media contents with the contents of the update. I want to be able to track the changes, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Thanks mate.

K

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/42...l-zip.html
(2013-05-28, 06:50)kenoi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, hi Gade.

I've patched the breadcrumbs and fixed the repeating problem (you can download the patched file below, place it in the 720p folder), therefore taking a little workload off you Gade. Thanks for a great update, by the way.

Thanks mate.

K

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/42...l-zip.html

That is so great! Thanks a lot, kenoi!

Right now I am too busy at my work to spend any time developing the skin. So I need all the help I can get keeping this skin up to date Wink

I will upload the new version later today.

(2013-05-28, 06:50)kenoi Wrote: [ -> ]I have one request, though. Could you please upload the raw textures somewhere accessible? Or at least provide a bundle with only the files you've added to the textures.xbt in the "media" folder. At the moment there is no way for me to compare Scarfa's source media contents with the contents of the update. I want to be able to track the changes, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

No problem. You can download the uncompressed textures for v5.3.1 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?fhyyh2zzkbait3r
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26