Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Hi Gade,

The next aired widget list that there are 8 TV Shows Today but only 6 are listed. Is there a way to make it scroll through the others?
(2013-07-21, 19:23)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Something is weird and I don't think it is the script. I think the problem is that maybe if the movie or tv show has no fanart it still display a blank screen for approx. 10 seconds or so.

I sat watching it and it eventually does change the fanart images. Is there a way around this? Maybe if no fanart exists then it just ignores it and skips to the next image.

The above suggestion, if I am right that is, may have to be done by the author of the script itself.

Update: TV Shows work well,it is just the movies I have an issue with.

Shedrock

Hi shedrock.

I use the script with all the code provided by the developer, robweber. If it displays the fanart wrong, I suggest you write in the thread regarding the script. I 'm almost sure it's not a problem with the skin... the script should display each fanart image for 8 seconds and then move to the next. If it displays a black image or no image for 8 seconds, then it's the script getting some wrong information. I myself can't reproduce that error and off course only robweber can edit the code in the script.

(2013-07-21, 20:50)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]The next aired widget list that there are 8 TV Shows Today but only 6 are listed. Is there a way to make it scroll through the others?

Yeah, I only made room for up to 6 tv shows in the widget, but let me see if I can change something to display more shows. I have something in mind for up to 12 shows, which I think should be enough for most people. :-)
Sounds good to me. Thanks for the help.

Shedrock

I just turned on XBMC and I am on the home screen at TV Shows but the next aired widget is showing blank banners. I actually have to go into system, tv shows, movies etc. and come back out for any banners to actually show up.
Hi Gade,

I noticed a couple things in the last update.

- There are 2 instances for the background fanart. One is in System > Skin Settings > Backgrounds and the other is in Add-Ons.

- Once in the System > Skin Settings > Add-Ons screen, you can't scroll from the top (up key on remote) to jump to the bottom. You can only scroll from top to bottom and then back up. In other words, there is no continuous up down flow. Hope you get my meaning. This is happening using ID 5001 and 5002. I just randomly chose 5008 and 5009 and now it works as it should.

- The next aired widget as previously mentioned only works when I click on TV Shows, Movies etc., I also noticed today it did not work for me at all until I actually clicked on the add-on to update tv show schedule.

Shedrock
(2013-07-23, 03:11)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]- There are 2 instances for the background fanart. One is in System > Skin Settings > Backgrounds and the other is in Add-Ons.

Hi shedrock.

Thanks for your feedback. I almost feel like it is only you and I using this skin now, since it has been so quiet from everyone else :-)

The 2 instances of the same settings are on purpose like I wrote in the update desciption - to make it more logical for the user. The settings are the same, so if you change them one place, they change the other...

(2013-07-23, 03:11)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]- Once in the System > Skin Settings > Add-Ons screen, you can't scroll from the top (up key on remote) to jump to the bottom. You can only scroll from top to bottom and then back up. In other words, there is no continuous up down flow. Hope you get my meaning. This is happening using ID 5001 and 5002. I just randomly chose 5008 and 5009 and now it works as it should.

I also found that error and already changed the id's to the correct values to make it work properly.

(2013-07-23, 03:11)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]- The next aired widget as previously mentioned only works when I click on TV Shows, Movies etc., I also noticed today it did not work for me at all until I actually clicked on the add-on to update tv show schedule.

I also fixed the images not loading, and it will be available in the next update.

You have to setup the addon to update on a regular frequency. That error have nothing to do with the skin - if the addon is not correctly updated, the skin can not get the properties.

EDIT: It seems that tvrage.com's API is really slow at the moment, so that could be the reason.
Well, it is actually you, me and my brother really into this skin. I believe he contacted you via email a few times regarding the actor metadata script etc.

Anyway, I am going to clean up the files we modified, with all the changes we made and I will upload it to you some time today so you can see if there is anything you may want to add, modify etc.

Shedrock
You've done a great job keeping this updated. I use to love this skin and had it as my default for a while, I grew to hate horizontal menus with a passion and can not bring myself to use one again, especially when they go off the screen like most do. ReFocus and Xeebo all the way for me.

Perhaps a clean vertical menu mod would be a great addition?
Might spark my interest again hehe.

Never the less, keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Loggio.
(2013-07-23, 12:28)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it is actually you, me and my brother really into this skin. I believe he contacted you via email a few times regarding the actor metadata script etc.

Anyway, I am going to clean up the files we modified, with all the changes we made and I will upload it to you some time today so you can see if there is anything you may want to add, modify etc.

Shedrock

Yeah, I remember. And actually I'm going to add the metadata.actors script to Rapier at the same time as I update the MovieInformation screen etc.

And thanks for the files. I'll look at them and add what i like to the Rapier skin. Can you upload the uncompressed images as well?

(2013-07-23, 22:09)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]You've done a great job keeping this updated. I use to love this skin and had it as my default for a while, I grew to hate horizontal menus with a passion and can not bring myself to use one again, especially when they go off the screen like most do. ReFocus and Xeebo all the way for me.

Perhaps a clean vertical menu mod would be a great addition?
Might spark my interest again hehe.

Never the less, keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Loggio.

Thanks a lot for the nice words. I was just wondering if anyone else was using the skin and updates. I can see that the updates get downloaded though.

It's a good idea with vertical menus, and I'll consider creating a Rapier mod at some point. That would require a looooooot of work and coding, so it's not the first thing on my list :-)

I agree that ReFocus also is a very sweet skin.
keep'em coming!!!
keep'em comin'.

i have noticed with the latest release 5.5, Under the Skin Settings -> Backgrounds, I can not use the arrow keys to access the 'Custom Backgrounds' section. I have to use my mouse to click on one of the entries.
At that point, the exact opposite happens. I can not enter the 'Backgrounds' section of the menu... unless I use a mouse.

I'm using:
Dell Inspiron Notebook
XBMC Frodo 12.2
Rapier 5.5
(2013-08-05, 21:37)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]keep'em comin'.

i have noticed with the latest release 5.5, Under the Skin Settings -> Backgrounds, I can not use the arrow keys to access the 'Custom Backgrounds' section. I have to use my mouse to click on one of the entries.
At that point, the exact opposite happens. I can not enter the 'Backgrounds' section of the menu... unless I use a mouse.

I'm using:
Dell Inspiron Notebook
XBMC Frodo 12.2
Rapier 5.5

Hi locomot1f.

Yeah, I know of that bug, and it's been fixed. It should work perfectly in the upcoming version - otherwise let me know right away :-)
Hi, with Rapier 5.5 I am unable to change the library views (for both TV and movies) - if I try to, my Raspberry Pi reboots. Any ideas? Thanks!
My htpc & hdtv got zapped by lightning a few months ago. Insurance finally came through to replace them last week.

Installed XBMC Frodo for the first time, and man was the whole family was bummed out that there was no Rapier (in the default skins list) anymore!

Came here and found it, just wanted to say thank you Scarfa and Gade, and anyone else who updated it and kept Rapier alive for Frodo!
(2013-08-08, 19:54)yowls Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, with Rapier 5.5 I am unable to change the library views (for both TV and movies) - if I try to, my Raspberry Pi reboots. Any ideas? Thanks!

That's very strange - I can't recreate that bug. Do anyone else experience this?

Is it only for v5.5 og also with the older versions you get the bug? Because I didn't change anything in the views for some time now...

It's very helpful if you can post a debug log :-)

(2013-08-13, 07:24)jrocknyc Wrote: [ -> ]My htpc & hdtv got zapped by lightning a few months ago. Insurance finally came through to replace them last week.

Installed XBMC Frodo for the first time, and man was the whole family was bummed out that there was no Rapier (in the default skins list) anymore!

Came here and found it, just wanted to say thank you Scarfa and Gade, and anyone else who updated it and kept Rapier alive for Frodo!

Hi jrocknyc.

That's sooooo nice to hear. The positive feedback makes it all worthwhile :-)
also, i'm still not able to change the thumbnail poster art for my TV Shows.

I'll try to get you an error log. or maybe you are aware of this too. :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26