Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
I made a copy of xbmc and used a fresh config and I was able add favorites as custom home screen categories, but then they didn't work. They went to a "blank" screen and I had to hit back a lot to escape it. So I think I'm gonna play around some more and see if I can figure anything out.
Can you post your log after you click the favourites home menu?

Which addon do you have saved as a favourite and use in the menu?
Hi Gade,

I don't know if you read my previous post about the Rapier skin locking up etc. Anyway, I think that the problem is in this file "includes_HomeCustomPane.xml" As far as I can see, it is associated with the "Home.xml" file. When I replace your modified "Home.xml" file (assuming that you modified it) with the one available from the downloads on this site, then everything works great.

All other skins work great, so it is not an OpenELEC or XBMC issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me here.

Shedrock
This skin doesnt play very nice with the advance-launcher and amazon prime video plugin. They both work but the skin freaks out when you first open them.

Doesnt appear to be a recent issue, I remember this happening in eden as well.

edit: Anyone else have this issue? Would it help if i uploaded a video/screenshot?
EDIT: Wrong thread.
Sorry it's been a while, but I'm really busy as of late and didn't feel like screwing around much. But since there is 12.1 out and it's a free weekend I figured I'd do some work.

So I did a fresh install of 12.1 and used a fresh profile and the rapier skin from the first post. Same issue as before, when clicking a custom home screen category it goes to a blank screen and I have to hit back a lot to get out of it. I have the error log for when I selected two different custom home screen categories.

http://pastebin.com/vtuLhXrW
Would someone be so kind to post the POWER category icon - Focus and no-Focus png files.

thanks
(2013-04-01, 13:02)Brimstone Wrote: [ -> ]Would someone be so kind to post the POWER category icon - Focus and no-Focus png files.

thanks

The Power icons are already included in the skin - in the Extras folder.
He wants them because he is using the github version of Rapier and the uncompressed images. Those aren't included in your first release of Rapier before you compressed the images to textures.xbt
Damn, sorry, I forgot that they are not in the Extras folder... sorry.

Here they are:

Thanks a lot for posting the images.
Hi Gade,

you are doing a great job keeping this skin alive, really appreciate it! Couldn't live without it Wink

That said, there was one thing bugging me for a while now- the "Thumbs Info" View (TV Shows), especially the "Clear Logo" and "Clear Art" styles. These seem to be broken since (if i remember correctly) a later alpha of frodo. At first i hoped it was because of the alpha-state, and that it would miraculously fix itself sooner or later. Alpha, beta, RC, final, nothing. Then you took up rapier, but still no clearart. Didn't want to whine about it here either, since is was not THAT important. Kinda...

Well today i just took a shot at it, and i think i was able to fix it. I would be glad if you could double-check it, since i have no experience in skinning, and don't want to break anything else. If everything works out, maybe you could include the changes in your next release?

So here are the changed files https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehzt8y73kt3zap...rapier.zip

...and here's roughly what i did:

I added 2 new variables in Views.xml, LogoThumb and ClearArtThumb. Depending on UseTVShowLocalCovers and IsEmpty they either point to ListItem.Icon, the local clearart.png/logo.png or ListItem.Art (like the other variables).
Next i (re-?)added TVShowsThumbsInfoClearArtStyle in ViewsTVShows.xml, which is basically a copy of TVShowsThumbsInfoLogoStyle. These two, along with TVShowsThumbsInfoDefaultStyle, get included in TVShowsThumbsInfoView depending on the setting "ThumbsInfoTVShowStyle".
The rest was just tinkering around with the sizes to make it look good again (3x4 layout for logo, 3x3 for clearart, this is negotiable but seems to fit most of the downloaded artwork Cool ), and replacing the references to logo.png/clearart.png with the $VARs. I also took the liberty of commenting out the dim.png in LogoThumbsStyleCoverImage and ClearArtThumbsStyleCoverImage, since this caused a black background, and i saw no point in having clearart on solid ground. Wink

So, as i said before, i would be happy if these changes found their way into one of your upcoming releases, provided they don't mess up anything else of course. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me.

past

PS. Of course, only minutes after this post i discovered a slight error:
ViewsTVShows.xml, Line 3379 should read
Code:
<focusedlayout width="258" height="172" condition="Container.Column(2) + !Container.Row(2)">

Updated the file and re-uploaded to dropbox
Very very cool, past79!

Thanks a lot for the nice words and help. It's nice that people are able to help out with keeping this skin alive, and I really appreciate all the help I can get.

At the moment I'm very busy at work, which is why I haven't been so active here. But as soon as I get a second of spare time, I will look into your suggestions.
(2013-04-05, 14:17)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the nice words and help. It's nice that people are able to help out with keeping this skin alive, and I really appreciate all the help I can get.

Hey, no problem, after all you are the one we have to thank or this skin had already been dead and burried months ago. It only took me one afternoon, don't even want to start to imagine how much of your time you already put into it. If there are more things i can help out with, just let me know, and i'm glad to give it a try. Can't promise anything though, as i stated before, I'm completly new to theese skins (or the whole xbmc framework to be precise). But I have done my share of programming over the years... Wink

Gade Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment I'm very busy at work, which is why I haven't been so active here. But as soon as I get a second of spare time, I will look into your suggestions.

I know what you are talking about, this is what kept me from doing anything here so far. Don't push yourself, it's nice to know someone takes care and things are going to get fixed. Eventually.

cheers,
past
Why doesnt this skin appear from inside the XBMC addons to download from there?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26