Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
New version v5.3.1 available: http://www.mediafire.com/?u765po65a6urrca

Changes include:

- Added View Option for half star rating in Movies, TV Shows and Episodes
- Fixed some image problems (fanart etc.)
- Fixed BreadCrumbs (thanks to kenoi)

A lot more changes are coming in the future, but right now I'm burried in work work work. Let me know what you think about the half star addition.
Hi Gade,

I am having an issue with Rapier and I know it was always a problem long before you modified it. Here is the issue I am having:

From Movie Thumbnail View, press Info, Movie Details appear

Click on Cast, actors appear

Exit back to Home Screen

Click on TV Shows – Cast from Movie appear in TV details screen until you click on Cast/Plot to refresh the list.

Maybe you can shed some light on this problem for me. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Shedrock
(2013-05-28, 19:05)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Gade,

I am having an issue with Rapier and I know it was always a problem long before you modified it. Here is the issue I am having:

From Movie Thumbnail View, press Info, Movie Details appear

Click on Cast, actors appear

Exit back to Home Screen

Click on TV Shows – Cast from Movie appear in TV details screen until you click on Cast/Plot to refresh the list.

Maybe you can shed some light on this problem for me. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Shedrock

Hi Shedrock.

I can see what you mean, and I get the exact same errors. Actually they are on all views and also if you go the same way from music videos to tv shows or movies.

Let me see if I can find a solution soon. I have been messing around a little bit, but haven't come to any usefull conclusions yet Smile
Same here. I spent all weekend for a solution with no success. Sad Once that issue is resolved, I would like to upload my modified rapier version for everyone.

Shedrock
(2013-05-28, 10:41)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. You can download the uncompressed textures for v5.3.1 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?fhyyh2zzkbait3r

Thanks mate. Smile

I've just checked Eden version skin and the default behaviour is that the Cast is always hidden on opening of the info screen until the user presses the "Cast" button in the top menu. This applies to every instance of the info screen. I think it's programmed to update on button press. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
K
Hello Gade, just tested your 5.3.1 but some thing just dont seem right. First i'm getting wrong star information. For example bones has a 8.6/10 and gets 3 and a half star. Thats at least four. Most of the rest are wrong as well. Also for some reason inside the Tv Show i'm getting 3 out of 5 stars in every episode of every TV show in my library. Its not a concidince. I literally dont have an episode with a rating different than 3 out of 5 stars now that i updared the skin. Why did it get stuck there?
(2013-06-01, 20:42)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Gade, just tested your 5.3.1 but some thing just dont seem right. First i'm getting wrong star information. For example bones has a 8.6/10 and gets 3 and a half star. Thats at least four. Most of the rest are wrong as well. Also for some reason inside the Tv Show i'm getting 3 out of 5 stars in every episode of every TV show in my library. Its not a concidince. I literally dont have an episode with a rating different than 3 out of 5 stars now that i updared the skin. Why did it get stuck there?

Hi therock003.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

The low star rating is fixed in the next version. Now items rated to a 8.6 will have 4 stars, 7.5 will have 3,5 stars etc.

A lot of episodes really rate between 7.0 to 7.9. Have you tried to switch off star rating to see the numeric value? I tried that, and few episodes rate between 8.0 to 8.9 and even fewer rate otherwise.
Ok thanx for fixing it, looking forward to the next update.

And you're right about the episode rating. I had a couple of episodes with 8.4 rating which got 3 and a half stars, but i didnt notice them before. So i thought rating for episodes was stuck at 3 stars somehow.

Any opinion on my double row 5 star suggestion i mentioned on the previous page? So in order to get 5 stars, instead of having all ten of them in one row, they will have 2 separate rows of 5 stars. Cause 5 stars are not enough for episode ratings, even with the half star addition, cause as you mentioned most of them range on 7-8, so they get almost the same stars every time.
Also another thing i forgot to mention. When i'm browsing my content, when i press up and down, sometimes on the side, some numbers pop up. Is this relevant to the skin, or related to xbmc in general, and what are those numbers?
Gade, is it just me, or are the fanart backgrounds still not working (even with the 5.3.1 update)? All I'm getting is a black background for both Music and Movies...
Fanart works fine for me, in both the Movies and Music
Shedrock, just to double-check, you are talking about the changing category fanart backgrounds (on the Home menu), not the item fanart within the categories, right? I have fanart for each movie, artist, etc. too, but they are not displaying when set as a category background on the home menu (Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Music / Movies).
@kenoi,

yup, that's what I'm experiencing.
oh, sorry I misunderstood. You're absolutely right, it doesn't work for me either. Quite a few things aren't working for me as well.

I have issues with:

- "Music" - Sometimes I can't see the cursor to move about on the playlist. I have to exit music then go back in for it to be visible.
- If I add a category "Trailers" I sometimes go into it and the small options box pops up "Hide fanart, hide scrollbar" etc... I have to exit and go back in a few times for it to work right.
I found out that the backgrounds issue has to do with how Frodo organizes fanart now, which is different to how it was handled in Eden. It is not an issue with the skin so much as it is an abrupt structural change in the XBMC project itself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26