Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(2013-03-04, 03:38)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@ctny - ItT is located in the topbar menu. You will see the option to Hide Overlays.

Sorry if I don't know the basics... On video page, I see my 100 or so movies. The topbar shows "home > Videos > Files > (my folder name)" on the left side and date on the right.

Hovering my mouse toward the topbar, a 2nd topbar slides down, showing "power, fav star, gear, View: icon, view options, sort by:date, order by ascending, library, settings".

Clicking on the gear icon, the 2nd topbar changes to "flatten on/off, stack on/off, party mode on/off, all videos, global search, filter".

Where is the Overlays option?
(2013-03-04, 01:39)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm....I don't have an advance settings option in Artwork Downloader

If you use the latest version of artwork downloader (12.0.14), you see 4 top menus in the addon settings: General, Limit Artwork, Movies, TV Shows. When you move right a Musicvideo menu will appear and right to this you will see the Advanced settings where you can select the option for using local files.

I thought about changing the dialog for addon settings a little, so the menu will appear vertical to the left instead of horizontal at the top. This would allow for quicker and easier use and more menu items would be visible at the same time. What do you think?

(2013-03-04, 06:08)ctny Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if I don't know the basics... On video page, I see my 100 or so movies. The topbar shows "home > Videos > Files > (my folder name)" on the left side and date on the right.

Hovering my mouse toward the topbar, a 2nd topbar slides down, showing "power, fav star, gear, View: icon, view options, sort by:date, order by ascending, library, settings".

Clicking on the gear icon, the 2nd topbar changes to "flatten on/off, stack on/off, party mode on/off, all videos, global search, filter".

Where is the Overlays option?

No problem Smile

It sounds to me like you are using the video menu for movies? When you are in the home screen, do you see a menu saying Movies (like you have a menu for Videos, Settings, Weather etc etc)? If you don't see the menu for Movies, you haven't scanned your movies to the library.

You can find a detailed guide here.
Quote:I thought about changing the dialog for addon settings a little, so the menu will appear vertical to the left instead of horizontal at the top. This would allow for quicker and easier use and more menu items would be visible at the same time. What do you think?

I would definitely prefer that.

Also, about the logo.png files. When I click on Skin > Add-Ons > Clear Log Nothing downloads except Extra Fanart, so this may be an Artwork Downloader issue. However, in Rapier when I Choose Art and click on the logo it selects it but there is no logo.png file in the tv series folder. I used to be able to select it and it would download the logo.png file.

Hope I am making sense.
Yay looks like you released a new update, which leaves me with 2 questions.

Do I just install this over the old one with "install addon from zip"? and is there a way to view the file manager in this skin? Have never been able to find and just switch to the default skin haha
(2013-03-04, 17:00)BrooksyX Wrote: [ -> ]Yay looks like you released a new update, which leaves me with 2 questions.

Do I just install this over the old one with "install addon from zip"? and is there a way to view the file manager in this skin? Have never been able to find and just switch to the default skin haha

The File Manager is located as a sub menu under the General menu in the home screen.

I think either way works. Or you can do a fresh install and delete the old skin.rapier folder first and afterwards install from zip.

(2013-03-04, 16:16)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]I would definitely prefer that.

Also, about the logo.png files. When I click on Skin > Add-Ons > Clear Log Nothing downloads except Extra Fanart, so this may be an Artwork Downloader issue. However, in Rapier when I Choose Art and click on the logo it selects it but there is no logo.png file in the tv series folder. I used to be able to select it and it would download the logo.png file.

Hope I am making sense.

Cool, I'll make the change right away.

Hmm... Can you explain it in detail? Hehe... And you made the change in the artwork downloader Advanced settings?

Maybe you have more than one folder with the same tv show?
Hi Gade, I made a few changes which I really can't even remember to be honest.

All I know is that it works now after 2 hours of doing something. I think Artwork Down-loader has issues.

For example, it does not download log.png from withing the skin settings > add-ons are, at least not for me, but I can now go to the info screen of the tv series and choose art, then select clear logo and now it actually downloads logo.png and stores it in the appropriate folder.
(2013-03-04, 17:50)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]The File Manager is located as a sub menu under the General menu in the home screen.

Any way I could map it to the system tab by editing one of the XML files are something? I have the general tab disabled.
(2013-03-04, 18:29)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Gade, I made a few changes which I really can't even remember to be honest.

All I know is that it works now after 2 hours of doing something. I think Artwork Down-loader has issues.

For example, it does not download log.png from withing the skin settings > add-ons are, at least not for me, but I can now go to the info screen of the tv series and choose art, then select clear logo and now it actually downloads logo.png and stores it in the appropriate folder.

That is so cool!

I'm very glad you got it working. The code I use in the skin settings for Artwork Downloader is provided by the wiki.xbmc.org site, so I really can't do anything else than that Smile

(2013-03-04, 23:28)BrooksyX Wrote: [ -> ]Any way I could map it to the system tab by editing one of the XML files are something? I have the general tab disabled.

Ah I see. Maybe you could add it to the Programs submenu? The thing with editing the xml files directly is that the file is overwritten every time you update.
Gade,

Would it be possible to address some issues?

PVR - in timeline, you may notice that there is a lot of blank space at the bottom of the timeline. This blank space use to be occupied by the channel logo and show description etc... However that information is no longer shown, it's just blank.

would you also be able to add an option in settings to always display the menu bar in library views? there use to be a mod for this skin a long time ago that would allow you to always have the menu bar showing...

At the moment it's hidden 'till you move all the way left/right/up/down (depending on view) this makes navigation hella confusing for the uneducated people using the HTPC in the living room. no one can figure out how to change the views or sort order because they cant see any options to do so.

Cheers,
Loggio.
(2013-03-06, 11:26)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Gade,

Would it be possible to address some issues?

PVR - in timeline, you may notice that there is a lot of blank space at the bottom of the timeline. This blank space use to be occupied by the channel logo and show description etc... However that information is no longer shown, it's just blank.

would you also be able to add an option in settings to always display the menu bar in library views? there use to be a mod for this skin a long time ago that would allow you to always have the menu bar showing...

At the moment it's hidden 'till you move all the way left/right/up/down (depending on view) this makes navigation hella confusing for the uneducated people using the HTPC in the living room. no one can figure out how to change the views or sort order because they cant see any options to do so.

Cheers,
Loggio.

Hi Loggio.

I have made a note about the PVR thing and will look into it.

I remember that mod for the menu bar and have made a setting under General in Skin Settings for that option. Wink

New version available!

Updates include:

- Fixed focus problems in Skin Settings with custom backgrounds for music.
- Updated Add-on Settings dialog box: menu items align vertically for easier use.
- Added a Skin Setting under General to hide the top options menu bar (show it when selected) or to display it constantly.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vf93sdafrvgfha2
Hi Gade,

I seem to have run in to an issue with Rapier. I noticed that since OpenELEC 3.0 (RC3) When I finish watch a movie or TV show, or just scrolling my library the skin locks up for at least 20 to 30 seconds.

Now, I have been testing Aeon Nox and Confluence for the last 2 days and I don't seem to have this issue. I actually posted on the OE forums regarding the issue but I just decided to test other skins. Any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Thanks
Shedrock
Gade,

Thanks for the quick update. The option to always have the menu showing has introduced a small issue. The issue is on the 'info' screen. If you hover over a movie title and select info, because the info screen is transparent, you can see the underlying menu through the info screen, it makes both menus blend and looks horrible. This may be easily fixed by removing the transparency of the info screen ... (Never liked the transparency anyways)
(2013-03-08, 04:26)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Gade,

Thanks for the quick update. The option to always have the menu showing has introduced a small issue. The issue is on the 'info' screen. If you hover over a movie title and select info, because the info screen is transparent, you can see the underlying menu through the info screen, it makes both menus blend and looks horrible. This may be easily fixed by removing the transparency of the info screen ... (Never liked the transparency anyways)

It should all be fixed in the next version. Let me know if you have any more problems after this.
I just installed the latest version and tried to add some custom home screen categories but got an error. When I try adding a favorite as a source location it pops up and says the favorites script is missing.

On another computer I have the previous or 2 versions ago skin and adding the custom home screen categories works fine. Could someone else try adding a favorite as a custom home screen category to see if something happened with the skin or if I need to try starting from scratch. I've had this xbmc install for a while now.

P.S.
I tried installing the favourites script by itself but that didn't change anything
(2013-03-10, 17:32)pball Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed the latest version and tried to add some custom home screen categories but got an error. When I try adding a favorite as a source location it pops up and says the favorites script is missing.

On another computer I have the previous or 2 versions ago skin and adding the custom home screen categories works fine. Could someone else try adding a favorite as a custom home screen category to see if something happened with the skin or if I need to try starting from scratch. I've had this xbmc install for a while now.

P.S.
I tried installing the favourites script by itself but that didn't change anything

That's very strange. I tried the same and everything worked perfectly. If you delete the skin and delete script.favourites, and install the latest version skin.rapier once again, the skin will fetch the script itself. Check to be sure.

Do you get an error if you add a custom home category with a preset instead of the script.favourites?

Do everybody else get this error?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26