Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Hi shedrock

includes_MenuBar.xml
ViewsAddons.xml
ViewsCommon.xml
ViewsEpisodes.xml
ViewsMovies.xml
ViewsMusic.xml
ViewsPrograms.xml
ViewsTVShows.xml
Wow! cool, I will go through each one.

Thanks
Actually, i removed button with id="188" from the views and put it all in the includes_MenuBar.xml
ok, thanks
I found a script to solve the missing home screen fanart backgrounds not being displayed.

script.fanart.grabber

If enough people would still like this feature being present in Rapier post Frodo, I will add full support for this script. This means that you will have to add the script manually, since it doesn't yet appear in the official XBMC Repository.
(2013-07-17, 17:53)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]I found a script to solve the missing home screen fanart backgrounds not being displayed.

script.fanart.grabber

If enough people would still like this feature being present in Rapier post Frodo, I will add full support for this script. This means that you will have to add the script manually, since it doesn't yet appear in the official XBMC Repository.

I would like to see it present in Rapier.
(2013-06-29, 01:50)pball Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm back with my custom categories not working. I have XBMC 12.2 and the lastest rapier skin but no luck. I'm quite certain I know what the problem is but not how to fix it. I'm convinced it's related to the return parameter added to the path when creating a custom category. The fact manually creating one works without that parameter and fails with it should prove my point, more info in my original thread.

My thread from before rapier was revived still holds true.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1155862

The error that occurs when I try to use a custom category is the following.
14:58:10 T:4388 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "F:",return
14:58:10 T:4388 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("F:",return) failed

I'm also kinda wondering if this is an issue with the skin or XBMC in general. I'll thank anyone that looks into this.

Hi pball.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I'm currently working on a lot of issues and features for Rapier (including the above mentioned bug), so I will very soon release new updates.

Hopefully I will find a solution for your custom categories bug very very very soon :-)
thanks for all the work Gade.
Major update available: Rapier v5.4.0

Changes include:

- Added support for IMDb Update (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167754) in the skin settings.
- Fixed bugs in the Weather Notification.
- Added battery notification when using a laptop (can be enabled/disabled in the skin settings).
- Added power icon.
- Changed home screen top left XBMC logo to script.globalsearch button including full navigation support for this.
- Fixed global navigation from menus to make Home button (top left) work properly in all views.
- Fixed issues with the scrollbar in the settings (makes it easier with touch devices).
- Added full support for script.grab.fanart (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166572) to replace the broken fanart backgrounds in the home screen.
- Script.grab.fanart can be configured in the Skin Settings under Backgrounds or Add-ons (no need to use the settings in the add-on itself).
- Added add-on shortcuts for the home screen. This can be enabled and configured in the Skin Settings under Home (enabling this will disable all category icons).

I have added a battery notification for when you are using a laptop, Ipad etc. I find this very usefull and missing in other skins (you can still see the normal indication in the system information).

I remember someone missing a global search script button in the home screen. I have added this to the XBMC logo top left.

I have solved the problems with the missing fanart backgrounds in the home screen. You need to manually install the script.grab.fanart (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166572) to fix this. You don't need to change any settings in the script itself. If you have enabled the fanart backgrounds in the skin settings, they will automatically switch to the script when installed. You can choose Random or Recent fanart backgrounds in the skin settings both under Backgrounds and under Add-ons.

The biggest update is the add-on shortcuts in the home screen, which can be enabled and configured in the skin settings under Home. This makes you able to add up to 6 add-on shortcuts to the categories Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Pictures, Programs and General. This way you can have the library, playlist, views, settings etc etc in the home submenu and the add-on shortcuts above. Adding full navigation for all skin options was a real bitch, so please let me know if something is not working properly.

I have yet to fix some bugs including the custom categories + I am working on a lot of new features as well.
Thanks for all your hard work Gade. It is very much appreciated.

Btw, would you be able to list the files that you changed, or are there too many to list?

Thanks,

Shedrock
I seem to have a problem with the fanart in "movies" view. I also noticed that it sometimes works in "videos" view and the at other times it is just black (no fanart).
(2013-07-21, 02:07)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all your hard work Gade. It is very much appreciated.

Btw, would you be able to list the files that you changed, or are there too many to list?

Thanks,

Shedrock

I changed a loooooot of files, but you can look at the date they were modified compared to the date for the last update (v5.3.2).
Here's already a new version with some bugfixing from v5.4.0!

DOWNLOAD RAPIER V5.5.0 HERE!

New features include:

- Added TV Show Next Aired widget in home screen with shows airing today.
- Added support for script.tv.show.next.aired in the skin settings under Add-ons.
- Bugfixing for v5.4.0

I changed some addon settings made for v5.4.0. This means that if you made any changes in the new features added in v5.4.0, you will have to do some of them again (not including the add-on shortcuts).

I added a widget on the home screen for TV Show Next Aired. The widget displays up to 6 tv shows airing today using clearlogos or banners (this can be selected in the skin settings under Home). If no tv shows airs, the widget will not be displayed.

(2013-07-21, 05:43)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to have a problem with the fanart in "movies" view. I also noticed that it sometimes works in "videos" view and the at other times it is just black (no fanart).

Is this the general fanart displaying for each movie, tv show etc. or is it the new feature using script.grab.fanart?
Sorry, I should have been clear on that Sad It is the new feature
Something is weird and I don't think it is the script. I think the problem is that maybe if the movie or tv show has no fanart it still display a blank screen for approx. 10 seconds or so.

I sat watching it and it eventually does change the fanart images. Is there a way around this? Maybe if no fanart exists then it just ignores it and skips to the next image.

The above suggestion, if I am right that is, may have to be done by the author of the script itself.

Update: TV Shows work well,it is just the movies I have an issue with.

Shedrock
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26