Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(2013-08-13, 19:03)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]also, i'm still not able to change the thumbnail poster art for my TV Shows.

I'll try to get you an error log. or maybe you are aware of this too. :-)

Hmmm... you have to explain a little more in detail :-)

Are you not able to change the posters at all? Do you do this in the TV Show Information screen with the Choose Art button?

Or are you not able to change between posters and banners in the skin settings?

I haven't heard of this before. Have you had this bug for a long time?
peace Gade,

thanks for the quick response.

Yes. i've had this problem since Frodo release. so i'm suspecting it's something that hasn't been updated with this particular page view.

Details:
If I'm under TV Shows, and I select my Views to Thumbnails, it does not show me the thumbnail posters that I have selected. I'm not sure where it's getting it's information from.
If I go to the information screen, there is no thumbnail image, but if I go to Choose Art, then it shows me all the images that SHOULD be selected.
But if I switch to let's say, Wide List, the images are there.

Thumbnail View -- either no Poster, or the wrong poster shows up:
http://www.dropbox.com/s/4gp31it57ulkq6o/0813131718.jpg

Wide List View -- the thumbnails show up, and are correct:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hvwh2byhs7z3l...131716.jpg

Information View -- No Poster View:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmtwpufxpkk4hp...131729.jpg

Information View w/ Choose Art Selected:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rj1tniu1j4vrvw...131734.jpg

Here's a debg log -- http://pastebin.com/jGciy2p8
this skin is the only one that does this... and only in the TV section. Movies and Music seem okay. I can change the Artwork within those sections.
and obviously, since when i change the view options, they show up... seems like something didn't get updated in the code.
peace Gade,

i was just reading this post on Amber Skin forum -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1485007

maybe this makes sense to you.... hopefully it's something that they get correct.

Update:
solved -- i think.
i went into the settings, and changed the option for "Using Local Banners", and now everything seems to be okay.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
Very Nice Skin. Great Job & Thank you!
Hi Gade, I'm still using Rapier, just haven't had the time to keep up with the forum (and releases) in the last few months. Going to install v5.5.0 to see how it works. Installing 4.3.0 for XBMC Android on a Samsung Galaxy S3 the other day I wasn't able to scroll down to the submenu options in Skin Settings > Home. Hopefully this is already working in 5.5.0. I'll report back as soon as I find out.
Nice, it works on Android since it has the scroll bar at the right. Good stuff, Gade.

What I noticed on Windows 7 is that when you ALT+TAB out of XBMC and back in, the mouse cursor tends to vanish and it's hard to use the mouse after that.

I have a few questions:

What files do I need to look at to edit the view options for TV seasons? I'd like to add a List Info view option for seasons. Actually asked if you could add this a few months ago but it's probably not high on your priority list. So if I can figure it out I could contribute the code.

When using Custom Panels for movie and TV show custom categories, is there a way to edit script.skin.widgets so they only show "In Progress" items like the Info Panel does for the official movie and tv show categories? E.g. to resume movies and TV shows, or if you've watched an episode to list the next unwatched episode for quicker access. I've set up custom movie/tv show categories with submenus for documentaries, cartoons and such since I don't want items from the submenu categories to show up in the "In Progress" panel.

Where are the category icons for the home screen located? I'd like to link to them for the custom categories but haven't been able to find them.

EDIT: Found them. If anybody else is interested, they're in %AppData%/xbmc/addons/skin.rapier/media/Textures.xbt - I used this Notepad++ plugin to extract the images from the file, then placed them in %AppData%/xbmc/media/icons for easier access.
(2013-09-03, 14:10)Westward Wrote: [ -> ]What I noticed on Windows 7 is that when you ALT+TAB out of XBMC and back in, the mouse cursor tends to vanish and it's hard to use the mouse after that.

Thanks for the nice words, Westward.

I don't think the missing mouse cursor is a skin problem as much as a problem with XBMC. Do you experience this with the other skins as well?

(2013-09-03, 14:10)Westward Wrote: [ -> ]What files do I need to look at to edit the view options for TV seasons? I'd like to add a List Info view option for seasons. Actually asked if you could add this a few months ago but it's probably not high on your priority list. So if I can figure it out I could contribute the code.

I included the List Info View for seasons and it will be available in the next update Smile

(2013-09-03, 14:10)Westward Wrote: [ -> ]When using Custom Panels for movie and TV show custom categories, is there a way to edit script.skin.widgets so they only show "In Progress" items like the Info Panel does for the official movie and tv show categories? E.g. to resume movies and TV shows, or if you've watched an episode to list the next unwatched episode for quicker access. I've set up custom movie/tv show categories with submenus for documentaries, cartoons and such since I don't want items from the submenu categories to show up in the "In Progress" panel.

I'm not exactly sure I'm following you.

What kind of custom panels do you use? If it's playlists for movies or tv shows, Rapier use the script.randomandlastitems which returns recently added and random movies from your selected playlist. Right now the Custom Panels returns both unwatched and watched movies. To only show unwatched or in progress movies would require a loooot of additional code.
gade!!!

glad to see you're still around, doin' your thang!!!

keep it up!
Any plan for a Gotham build?
(2013-09-15, 07:54)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]Any plan for a Gotham build?

Hi Piers.

Sure. When the official Gotham release gets closer, I will update the skin.

Right now I'm too busy updating, and bugfixing the version for Frodo.
Any thoughts on adding Rapier to the official XBMC-repo? It's a bit easier to keep it updated if it's in there Smile
This is awesome! Thanks a lot. I've missed this skin. Adding it to the official or skin development repo would be great.
Yeah, I completely agree, and I would love to add this updated version of Rapier to the skin development repo or the official repo.

But is it allowed to add updates to the official repo? Scarfa is the original developer of this skin - I just did this update (although it seems like he abandoned the project).
I was using this skin on my xbox, years ago. It still feels like a modern and complete skin. Quality work by Scarfa and you. You could send a pm to scarfa to ask for permission. I can't imagine he would mind.
Just want to say big thanks for this skin.

One minor problem. If you are in video and you have a movies folder. You cant do a sort by anything other than the name. Selecting another option does nothing. Not sure if this bug is known or is already being addressed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26