Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
@ shedrock -- the music issue should have been fixed in the last update.
it works for me...

@ kenoi -- could be on to something... i haven't tried / found this feature in any other skin....
Hmm... I will double check the files.

Thanks
I am having the same issue with Music. I installed the last update and it did not fix the issues.
I still have this issue. If I add a new home category like Navi-X or Filmon and click on it, I get a popup window with the scrollbar, fanart options etc. I then have to keep pressing exit. Sometimes it may work but most times not.

Help me.

Shedrock
Here is an image to illustrate my point a bit more. This happens 99% of the time when I click on a home category I added "Trailers". It also happens with Navi-x, Filmon, etc..

Hi all.

Sorry for the late answer. I'm crazy busy at the moment...

To address some of the issues:

The way Frodo handles images have changed drastically from the other versions of XBMC. So that means you may have to rescan some images (I had to).

I have just looked at the home page fanart backgrounds for Movies, TV Shows and Music, and all shows perfectly on both my computers running different installations.

shedrock: The submenus in the menubar showing in the wrong places is an issue I have been aware of for a while now. I'm working on it and hopefully I will come to a conclusion soon :-)

And I will off course look into some of the other issues we have been writing about also.

(2013-06-02, 18:28)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Any opinion on my double row 5 star suggestion i mentioned on the previous page? So in order to get 5 stars, instead of having all ten of them in one row, they will have 2 separate rows of 5 stars. Cause 5 stars are not enough for episode ratings, even with the half star addition, cause as you mentioned most of them range on 7-8, so they get almost the same stars every time.

Sorry, but I will not add that feature anytime soon. I think it will mess up all the views too much and make it more confusing. If you have specific places you thought about adding it where it will look good, try sending me some images with your ideas.

For episode ratings I use numeric values.

(2013-06-03, 13:30)therock003 Wrote: [ -> ]Also another thing i forgot to mention. When i'm browsing my content, when i press up and down, sometimes on the side, some numbers pop up. Is this relevant to the skin, or related to xbmc in general, and what are those numbers?

If it's on the left side in the middle, it's the first letter (0-9, a-z) of your content. Meaning that if you scroll down in your movie library and you pass movies starting with letters B, C, D, E, those are the letters you will see sliding in from the left side
(2013-06-22, 23:15)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]The submenus in the menubar showing in the wrong places is an issue I have been aware of for a while now. I'm working on it and hopefully I will come to a conclusion soon :-)

Hi Gade, just to let you know, I am also working on this issue. Perhaps we can share insight. I've found this to be a long-term bug with the skin, present since the early days, that got more obvious with Frodo. It's quite hard to track down...

Have you found out where the "phantom" layout is coming from? Is it ViewsCommon.xml, or something else? The view options menu activation is triggered through a programmed focus on the ViewOptionsHelperBtn (located in includes_MenuBar.xml). It is not sufficient, however to simply disable this button's action because even if the view option menu doesn't, the "phantom" layout will still appear, and cause a complete loss of focus on any list or icon view screen that appears subsequently.
(2013-06-23, 03:34)kenoi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Gade, just to let you know, I am also working on this issue. Perhaps we can share insight. I've found this to be a long-term bug with the skin, present since the early days, that got more obvious with Frodo. It's quite hard to track down...

Have you found out where the "phantom" layout is coming from? Is it ViewsCommon.xml, or something else? The view options menu activation is triggered through a programmed focus on the ViewOptionsHelperBtn (located in includes_MenuBar.xml). It is not sufficient, however to simply disable this button's action because even if the view option menu doesn't, the "phantom" layout will still appear, and cause a complete loss of focus on any list or icon view screen that appears subsequently.

Cool, it sounds like a great plan to join forces on this one. And also on other things, as I see Rapier as a project where everybody can help keeping this great skin alive and up to date.

As I remember it, this exact issue have been a bug since the early days - I remember it back to Camelot or Dharma.

The problems come from the custom menubar files: custom_ViewModes.xml, custom_Viewoptions.xml, custom_LibraryOptions.xml and maybe includes_MenuBar.xml . It's in these files we should find a solution, but I will get back to that as soon as possible.
After mucking around with it for two days, I've found a (temporary) solution. A successful workaround is to add <onunload>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</onunload> to the window in DialogProgress.xml, and comment out (<!-- -->, or remove) the view options menu in includes_MenuBar.xml:

Code:
            <!--
            <control type="button" id="437">
                <description>View Options</description>
                <include>MenuBarArrowBtn</include>
                <label>[UPPERCASE]$LOCALIZE[14018][/UPPERCASE]</label>
                <onclick>Control.SetFocus(188)</onclick>
            </control>
            <control type="image" id="438">
                <include>MenuBarSeparator</include>
            </control>
            -->

Code:
    <include name="ViewOptionsHelperBtn">
        <include>RedirectBtn</include>
        <!--
        <onfocus>Control.SetFocus(212)</onfocus>
        <onfocus>ActivateWindow(3017)</onfocus>
        <onfocus>Control.SetFocus(500)</onfocus>
        -->
    </include>

You lose the advanced view options, but it helps the overall user experience.
Works great, but I actually do use the advanced view option often so I still need a proper fix. Sad
(2013-06-28, 14:55)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Works great, but I actually do use the advanced view option often so I still need a proper fix. Sad

Yeah, the above solution would not be a proper fix.

I have added a lot to the view options in the menu, so losing it is not an option.

I'm working on a proper fix.
Hello, I'm back with my custom categories not working. I have XBMC 12.2 and the lastest rapier skin but no luck. I'm quite certain I know what the problem is but not how to fix it. I'm convinced it's related to the return parameter added to the path when creating a custom category. The fact manually creating one works without that parameter and fails with it should prove my point, more info in my original thread.

My thread from before rapier was revived still holds true.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1155862

The error that occurs when I try to use a custom category is the following.
14:58:10 T:4388 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "F:",return
14:58:10 T:4388 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("F:",return) failed

I'm also kinda wondering if this is an issue with the skin or XBMC in general. I'll thank anyone that looks into this.
New version available: v5.3.2!

Changes include:

- Fixed bugs in the new star rating.
- Fixed bugs in View Options menu.

I have just found a working solution for the View Options problem reported by many in the previous posts . But doing this required a lot of coding, so please help me test it for bugs etc.
(2013-06-11, 01:15)kenoi Wrote: [ -> ]I found out that the backgrounds issue has to do with how Frodo organizes fanart now, which is different to how it was handled in Eden. It is not an issue with the skin so much as it is an abrupt structural change in the XBMC project itself.

Yup, I recently became aware of the exact same info.

The reason it still works for me, is that i didn't do a clean install when I upgraded to Frodo. So I still have a lot of fanart etc. in my special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart folder - which is the folder Rapier uses for home screen fanart backgrounds.

So everybody doing a clean install will not have the fanart backgrounds working unless someone (including me) will find a solution for Frodo.
Hey Gade,

Which file did you made the change for the View Options?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26