Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-26, 08:48)kaybird Wrote: [ -> ]Funkd - Thanks for the great work on this skin. It is really refreshing with a scoped CIH screen and projector that uses zooming to have everything layout so nice instead of off the screen!

A couple questions please:

- When I try to turn on subtitles it says no subtitle service, but I don't have that issue with the default Kodi skin. What's confusing is that the MKV has PGS embedded, so is there a reason why that is not getting picked up? Or is that not supported on Kodi and I must use a subtitle service?

- I'm not sure if you noticed this, but when accessing the bookmarks, those are off the top of the screen by a large amount - maybe only the bottom 20% of the chapter images are shown the rest are zoomed off the screen (in what would be the black bar area in a 16:9 screen). Is there a fix for this?

- Is there a way to get it to display DTS:X or Atmos tags, maybe with a file naming trick like you use to fix the aspect ratio? Also it would be really nice to display the tags on the bottom of the pause menu such as the resolution, codec and audio (Atmos etc)!

- Is it possible to change the very main screen background image (astronauts) with a custom image? I played with all the skin settings but maybe I missed it?

- I like the idea of having the vertical menu more along the bottom than in the middle (default), but when I choose Low it puts it a little too low and the submenu items are slightly cut off. I'm already at -4% zoom and I purposely use a little extra zoom (2.35 screen so 2.4 material otherwise leaves a small border).  Could you consider raising the Low position just a bit, something like 50 pixels maybe I am not sure.

Thank you again for all the hard work and time. It is really appreciated.

Hi,

Not sure on the subtitles, the service would be a subtitle plugin which would pull the subtitles from the web. Not sure how it works ok on the normal Kodi skin though. Maybe the normal one has a subtitle service?

Yeah I'll be adding the atmos/dts:x tags and they'll work in the same way as the other tags, i.e. you include it in the title of the file.

To change the background you need to change the default.png file, I cant remember the exact location at the minute. Renamed the old default.png file to default_old.png or something and rename the file you want to use to default.png. Not sure why it doesnt work in Kodi settings though.

I'll check out the low menu issue and sort it.
(2018-01-24, 17:01)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Movies
For wall view, Maxmueller added the option to chose between small , medium, large with different rows and columns, is that added too please?
 I'll take a look at that. As long as its optional and not changing the default sizes then  I'll add it in.
-Cool i'll be using atmos flags too
-yeah we should be able to change background of main menu from inside kodi
-i agree with low menu
- cool, you'll add those 3 options to wall view
(2018-01-26, 11:27)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-26, 08:48)kaybird Wrote: [ -> ]Funkd - Thanks for the great work on this skin. It is really refreshing with a scoped CIH screen and projector that uses zooming to have everything layout so nice instead of off the screen!

A couple questions please:

- When I try to turn on subtitles it says no subtitle service, but I don't have that issue with the default Kodi skin. What's confusing is that the MKV has PGS embedded, so is there a reason why that is not getting picked up? Or is that not supported on Kodi and I must use a subtitle service?

- I'm not sure if you noticed this, but when accessing the bookmarks, those are off the top of the screen by a large amount - maybe only the bottom 20% of the chapter images are shown the rest are zoomed off the screen (in what would be the black bar area in a 16:9 screen). Is there a fix for this?

- Is there a way to get it to display DTS:X or Atmos tags, maybe with a file naming trick like you use to fix the aspect ratio? Also it would be really nice to display the tags on the bottom of the pause menu such as the resolution, codec and audio (Atmos etc)!

- Is it possible to change the very main screen background image (astronauts) with a custom image? I played with all the skin settings but maybe I missed it?

- I like the idea of having the vertical menu more along the bottom than in the middle (default), but when I choose Low it puts it a little too low and the submenu items are slightly cut off. I'm already at -4% zoom and I purposely use a little extra zoom (2.35 screen so 2.4 material otherwise leaves a small border).  Could you consider raising the Low position just a bit, something like 50 pixels maybe I am not sure.

Thank you again for all the hard work and time. It is really appreciated.

Hi,

Not sure on the subtitles, the service would be a subtitle plugin which would pull the subtitles from the web. Not sure how it works ok on the normal Kodi skin though. Maybe the normal one has a subtitle service?

Yeah I'll be adding the atmos/dts:x tags and they'll work in the same way as the other tags, i.e. you include it in the title of the file.

To change the background you need to change the default.png file, I cant remember the exact location at the minute. Renamed the old default.png file to default_old.png or something and rename the file you want to use to default.png. Not sure why it doesnt work in Kodi settings though.

I'll check out the low menu issue and sort it. 
 Thank you. You did not comment on this - so I wanted to make sure you saw it. It's probably the most important fix I'd like to have please:
"- I'm not sure if you noticed this, but when accessing the bookmarks, those are off the top of the screen by a large amount - maybe only the bottom 20% of the chapter images are shown the rest are zoomed off the screen (in what would be the black bar area in a 16:9 screen). Is there a fix for this?"

Regarding changing the default background image (astronaut) - you said "Not sure why it doesnt work in Kodi settings though" - sorry I am a newbie and may have just missed it. Are you saying there's an option in the regular Kodi settings/menus for changing the file through the UI, without manually renaming / replacing files?

Regarding this "Yeah I'll be adding the atmos/dts:x tags and they'll work in the same way as the other tags, i.e. you include it in the title of the file."  I thought I read somewhere on the net that you look for the tags in the FOLDER that has the file, not the file itself? I'd actually prefer the file. Please let me know which it is. Also what should we use for DTS:X because I can't use a colon in a file name, so maybe "DTS-X"?

I should be trying Kodi 18 shortly and will let you know if your skin works there or what the issues are if I see any.
Just install the new update so far no problems but the scope mask setting doesn't stay permanently like previously before. I run CinemaVision so I keeps everything in scope format when running video sequences. Is there a setting or something to do this like before? Thanks for the great skin
@Funkd I meant to say also there is an issue with the Netflix style pause screen. Your help line says that turning the feature on displays a "You are watching x" after 10 seconds of pause.  However in my case it is more like 1 second. So I hit pause, see the pause menu OSD for about 1 second, and then it goes right to the Netflix style pause screen. While I like that screen a lot, it's not enough time to see the pause info. It would be great if it really was 10 seconds. Maybe there is an easy bug fix in there? Thank you again for this amazing skin.
Also just a quick note to say I tried ScopeNox today in Kodi v18 and it immediately told me that it was turning the skin off because it is not compatible with v18. Perhaps there is a simple setting you can make to tell Kodi to use it and I can see how well it works as-is? Or perhaps it will require lots of reworking to even load.
Please focus on a working kodi 17 version first pls
(2018-01-26, 11:28)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]
For wall view, Maxmueller added the option to chose between small , medium, large with different rows and columns, is that added too please?
 I'll take a look at that. As long as its optional and not changing the default sizes then  I'll add it in.

Any update Funkd?
(2018-01-26, 11:28)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]
@Funkd any update on this?
@Maxmueller added this and it looks very good, an improvement
Also you said, the shift view is already there but i dont see it !

Add atmos flags too please
- if it was possible to move the low menu upwards a bit like 100 pixel or something, it would rock! now its really too low annd the other option to put in the middle, well is all way in the middle lol

Then final, an export/import skin settings would rock too,that way i dont have to redo all stuf (almost every skin has this option)

It would make the skin rock !

edit: what are the scope nox tools for again?
Apologies for the delay. I have been busy with other things lately. You have to understand that I, and other skinners, are doing this in our own free time!

Shift view has always been here, the view was just disabled pending completion.

I've added changes in now. Give it  try. Shift view and few others are back in. In the skin settings (General) there is an option to delay the Netflix style popup for 2, 5 or 10 seconds.

Bookmarks menu has been repositioned.

Atmos and DTSX logos should appear if the text Atmos or DTSX appear in the folder name.

To change default background go to the following folder (replace anything in <> brackets with whatever applies to you) :
C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.scope.nox.<version>\backgrounds and replace the default_bg.jpg with the background image of your choice.

New version : skin.scope.nox.1.22.zip
Thx funkd
Will test asap.
Are the wall view options from maxmueller included?

What about low menu postion, is it moved up a bit?
Funkd, tested, big improvement.
Possible to add the wall view options to chose between, small, medium and large (different rows and columns)

Also an option to export and import skin settings would get rid of frustrations to setup skin every time less frustrations
Woah! I have not been in here for months and did not get any e-mail about thread was alive. I am so happy for this latest version 1.22! THANK YOU FUNKD!! =)
EDIT: And of course also a big thanks to Maxmueller for keeping this thread alive and for the great additions and corrections!