Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Sportsnet Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(2016-10-10, 04:06)gmack Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please add Sasktel as a service provider? PM me if you need login details to test let me know. Thanks

I would also appreciate it if you could add Sasktel (pm me if you want my login info)
(2016-10-18, 05:57)mchllws55 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I figured out, I edited the coding on GitHub to the recommended change, then downloaded it through the "Clone or Download" button and redid the install. But this has solved nothing. Am I doing it wrong?

Did you uninstall and restart? You might want to double check that the sportsnet.py was changed in what you downloaded. Unzip the package and open sportsnet.py with wordpad to double check.
Any chance you could add Sasktel as a service provider? (PM me for login information). Thanks!
worked with Rogers account (obv dunno about the rest)
Uninstall previous version
Get recent version (1.0.6) via direct download from http://addons.kodi.tv/show/plugin.video.snnow/
put on usb stick
install from zip

BOOM! Big Grin
Plugin is working for me now as well. I ended up editing sportsnet.py directly on my htpc and rebooting. Although the source has been corrected on github as of Oct 17, the official repo has not updated since Sep 25. I think this is because addon.xml wasn't updated along with the the https bugfix, so the repo is not aware there is a new "release".

Another thing to note is that games broadcast on CBC, City, SN Oilers, SN, Flames, and SN Vancouvers are only available on the web version of SNNOW. They are not listed on my Android app or in the Kodi plugin. I think the kodi plugin uses the same API as the mobile apps. Hopefully the micahg will be kind enough to make any updates that might be needed once the mobile apps support these other games. The service is pretty good (albeit overpriced) but missing Saturday HNIC games just wont do.
Does anyone else have an issue with the stream either pausing to buffer or stopping completely?

I've been trying to figure out what my issue is, but can't seem to figure it out. When i watch the same sportsnet streams in 720p in a web browser, it will play fine for hours. But if I try to watch it in Kodi (on the same machine as it played perfectly in a web browser), it will play for anywhere from 1 minute to about 8 minutes and then either buffer or stop completely. My thought has been that it must be my network. I was thinking that maybe the web browser plugin uses a larger cache than kodi so it's masking the problem. but that's just a thought.

It's been doing this for a couple months now.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/comments.
(2016-10-25, 20:54)teefer22 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else have an issue with the stream either pausing to buffer or stopping completely?

The addon doesn't really control this -- it just authenticates with sportsnet and passes the streams to Kodi. This is a common problem with HLS. Unfortunatley, its a Kodi/FFMPEG issue.
(2016-10-26, 02:33)micahg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-25, 20:54)teefer22 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else have an issue with the stream either pausing to buffer or stopping completely?

The addon doesn't really control this -- it just authenticates with sportsnet and passes the streams to Kodi. This is a common problem with HLS. Unfortunatley, its a Kodi/FFMPEG issue.

Thanks for the reply. I know the addon doesn't have any thing to do with once the playback starts. I was only posting in this thread to see if anyone was experiencing similar issues because I can't seem to figure out why I am having problems with playback.

Thanks so much for building this plugin.

I do have one question for you. Is there any way to playback the 540p, 360p, and 240p streams? I wasn't looking for you to build the options into the plugin but if you could show me where to modify the code that would be fantastic as i would like to do some testing with the lower quality streams.
OK, sorry for neglecting you all.

I've just submitted a pull-request on github. Version 1.0.7 should include portse's other fix for reauthentication when authorizing the stream fails. It also includes the https fix for authorizing with sportsnet.

@clee123, unfortunately, at the moment I barely have time to maintain what is there -- I won't be able to add Sasktel any time soon. Perhaps another dev can take it on. Sorry Sad
(2016-10-26, 03:16)teefer22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-26, 02:33)micahg Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the reply. I know the addon doesn't have any thing to do with once the playback starts. I was only posting in this thread to see if anyone was experiencing similar issues because I can't seem to figure out why I am having problems with playback.

Thanks so much for building this plugin.

I do have one question for you. Is there any way to playback the 540p, 360p, and 240p streams? I wasn't looking for you to build the options into the plugin but if you could show me where to modify the code that would be fantastic as i would like to do some testing with the lower quality streams.
I think you can set the bandwidth limitation setting. Kodi will automatically select the stream based on that.

Sent from my ONE A2005

I've been trying to figure out what my issue is, but can't seem to figure it out. When i watch the same sportsnet streams in 720p in a web browser, it will play fine for hours. But if I try to watch it in Kodi (on the same machine as it played perfectly in a web browser), it will play for anywhere from 1 minute to about 8 minutes and then either buffer or stop completely. My thought has been that it must be my network. I was thinking that maybe the web browser plugin uses a larger cache than kodi so it's masking the problem. but that's just a thought.

It's been doing this for a couple months now.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/comments.

I had a bit of trouble with this last night. It had not happened to me much before but the game was barely watchable by 8:40 (which I thought might be related to western games having started). Anyway, it may have been a coincidence, but these advanced settings seemed to help enough to make it watchable again.
(2016-10-26, 15:56)typo101 Wrote: [ -> ]I had a bit of trouble with this last night. It had not happened to me much before but the game was barely watchable by 8:40 (which I thought might be related to western games having started). Anyway, it may have been a coincidence, but these advanced settings seemed to help enough to make it watchable again.

Hmm.. I didn't think any changes to advancedsettings.xml would have any effect on http playback, I'll have to experiment. Thanks.
(2016-10-26, 18:16)teefer22 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm.. I didn't think any changes to advancedsettings.xml would have any effect on http playback, I'll have to experiment. Thanks.

Nor I.
After further testing, I don't think you can force kodi to buffer these sportsnet streams. I've played around with buffermode, readbufferfactor, and cachemembuffersize, and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the sportsnet streams (not from the onscreen display (o on the keyboard)) that I can see.

However, I did install kodi on my samsung galaxy tab 2 connected with wifi to my same home network and I was able to watch for 25+ minutes without a single buffer or hiccup. So I'm now thinking its NOT my network, router, or internet that's causing it. But I'm not sure where to go from here. Very strange.
(2016-10-26, 15:56)typo101 Wrote: [ -> ]I had a bit of trouble with this last night. It had not happened to me much before but the game was barely watchable by 8:40 (which I thought might be related to western games having started). Anyway, it may have been a coincidence, but these advanced settings seemed to help enough to make it watchable again.

I was thinking it was a advanced settings issue too.
Here's what I use on my MX3 (2gb ram box)

buffermode 1
cachemembuffersize 209715200
readbufferfactor 2

But if you're fresh install played it no problem, try deleting your advancedsettings
It's been working great for me since my last post, until getting a script error this morning....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43