Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
BTW Extended Info Script. Is it already implemented in reFocus Jarvis skin? Sorry for dumb question, but I've installed it and don't see any button for it.
I have chosen to integrate information and functions the script provides into the existing info dialogs, I don't want to have overlapping functionality in a separate window or something.

There's the actor information screens, which can be accessed from the library's context menu. In the movie / tv show / artist info screens there's an "explore" button which will show similar movies, movies from the same director / writer and youtube search. Within the plot information things like awards and rotten tomatoes ratings are offered as extra information.

There's a whole bunch of widgets that use extended info's info too.

Probably not a standard implementation but I prefer it to feel integrated rather than it's own thing. And with the amount of info the add-on provides choices have to be made. And to be honest I don't give a crap about stuff like how much money a movie has made for instance Smile

I may add some bits and pieces in the feature if I feel they're useful, but it will never be a separate window or show all the info it can provide. Otherwise things can get gimmicky really quickly imo. Not to mention slow.
Seems OK to me. Now I understand how this add-on is integrated in ReFocus. Smile
Extended info widgets (grouped with info from other sources) can be found under "Online sources" btw, 24 in total Smile

Re-installed my update & tried again. Working now Wink
(2016-04-22, 23:13)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Actor info is definitely showing for me

What happens when you try to access it ?
Nothing.

I assume I am using it right?

Press cast, highlight actor, hit context button, nothing happens.

This is how it has always been for me.

I can load extended info using the addon ok.

Does anybody else have it working?
(2016-04-25, 10:29)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-22, 23:13)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Actor info is definitely showing for me

What happens when you try to access it ?
Nothing.

I assume I am using it right?

Press cast, highlight actor, hit context button, nothing happens.

This is how it has always been for me.

I can load extended info using the addon ok.

Does anybody else have it working?

it is accessible from the library, not from the movie / tv show info dialog. There is no context menu within those windows. Clicking it from within the info dialog will open the library for that actor.
Jeroen, will we see the watchlist widget working properly again soon?

I miss it so much!
(2016-04-25, 10:46)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, will we see the watchlist widget working properly again soon?

I miss it so much!

It is working but using a different source. You probably just have to remove the widget and then add it again. Only then, that triggers a rebuild of the widget.
(2016-04-25, 10:44)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]it is accessible from the library, not from the movie / tv show info dialog. There is no context menu within those windows. Clicking it from within the info dialog will open the library for that actor.
Oh really? Sad

That doesn't seem very intuitive. Would it not be possible to have it accessible from the info dialog?

I have only been into the actor section of the library once, and I doubt I will ever do it again as there are literally hundreds of thousands of actors in there and it takes so much time to find somebody specific.
(2016-04-25, 10:48)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]It is working but using a different source. You probably just have to remove the widget and then add it again. Only then, that triggers a rebuild of the widget.
OK, thanks! Blush
(2016-04-25, 10:52)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-25, 10:44)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]it is accessible from the library, not from the movie / tv show info dialog. There is no context menu within those windows. Clicking it from within the info dialog will open the library for that actor.
Oh really? Sad

That doesn't seem very intuitive. Would it not be possible to have it accessible from the info dialog?

I have only been into the actor section of the library once, and I doubt I will ever do it again as there are literally hundreds of thousands of actors in there and it takes so much time to find somebody specific.

Impossible, sorry.
(2016-04-25, 11:03)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-25, 10:52)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]
Oh really? Sad

Impossible, sorry.
Is it a limitation of Kodi then?

I'm sure I have seen this functionality in other skins.
(2016-04-23, 14:22)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot to get back at you about this, sorry. A video would be helpful yes. Even though it looks mostly the same the entire widget implementation was rewritten completely for 3.0 so it's totally possible some things behave differently, intended or not.

Here's a (real crappy quality) video. The widget fanart shows only once on every home menu option. Then the problem is gone until you move away from the home screen and return and open a widget again.
Am i really the only one with this problem?

https://vid.me/fDdQ

Also with the latest git there's no fanart showing on the home screen. So i used the one from last friday.
(2016-04-25, 11:09)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-25, 11:03)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-25, 10:52)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh really? Sad

Impossible, sorry.
Is it a limitation of Kodi then?

I'm sure I have seen this functionality in other skins.

Then show me an example of a skin doing this...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29