Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2016-05-11, 22:37)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Slurrrp (and / or anyone else for that matter), are you still experiencing this? I have been trying to reproduce this now on several occasions but I haven't been able to so far.
I'm going to get the latest Git and have a look tonight.

I am having the ReFocus splash screen pop up as I navigate down through the home menu, but I haven't reported it yet because I have no idea what version of the skin I am running at the moment! I've completely lost track.Huh

I'll give todays a go and see if it is still doing it.
Yes, i still have the problem. And i can confirm the pop up of the splash screen mentioned by lstar337, i think it only shows once until you restart the skin/kodi.

I will also test with the newest git later today.
(2016-05-12, 12:11)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]And i can confirm the pop up of the splash screen mentioned by lstar337, i think it only shows once until you restart the skin/kodi.
Thanks.

Yes, I think you are correct about that, it only happens once after a Kodi reboot.
Thanks guys, the splash popup sounds like something I fixed sometime last week or so.

(2016-05-12, 11:53)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the ReFocus splash screen pop up as I navigate down through the home menu, but I haven't reported it yet because I have no idea what version of the skin I am running at the moment! I've completely lost track.Huh
When in doubt, just grab the latest zip from Github Smile

But I have submitted the Jarvis version to the official Kodi repo today, so that might be the easiest way for you to test the latest version.
Yeah, no more splash screen. Still have the widget fanart flashes.
And no full screen music cover art yet Sad Wink And i liked the old positioning better of the covers in list view Blush
Hmm... Got the latest from Git and installed it today, but now I have no backgrounds showing at all. They are still listed in the customise home menu, but they don't show up. Also, nothing new that I select shows up either. Interestingly, when I try to add new backgrounds, I only have the option to search my connected drives, or the downloads folder, which shows as containing nothing. Several reboots and no change, so I am giving up and watching some TV from the box instead, how novel!! Big Grin
(2016-05-12, 21:34)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, no more splash screen. Still have the widget fanart flashes.
And no full screen music cover art yet Sad Wink And i liked the old positioning better of the covers in list view Blush

Full screen art is available as a widget. A non-widget implementation is on my list for a 3.x update. I need some to think about how to approach it. With so many variables already regarding what backgrounds can be on screen at a particular moment, things can get...chaotic if you know what I mean. At the moment I think the best way would be to have now playing fanart take precedence over any other background (with the only exception being fanart from widgets). Does that make sense?

Old positioning? I can't recall making any changes to this Huh

(2016-05-12, 22:05)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... Got the latest from Git and installed it today, but now I have no backgrounds showing at all. They are still listed in the customise home menu, but they don't show up. Also, nothing new that I select shows up either.
yyeaahh I see things not going as intended there. At least, it depends on a combination of settings. I already had some plans regarding background loading, guess I'll make that sooner. Expect a fix tomorrow.

edit: or now. hopefully. I cleaned up thing a bit here and simplified the options in skin settings. You can enable or disable the fanarts slideshow here. If you don't, the skin will assume you'll use custom backgrounds and it will let you select them in the home menu customization window. If you don't select any it will use the default wallpaper.

Quote:Interestingly, when I try to add new backgrounds, I only have the option to search my connected drives, or the downloads folder, which shows as containing nothing. Several reboots and no change, so I am giving up and watching some TV from the box instead, how novel!! Big Grin
This however, I doubt to be a skin issue. All the skin does is open Kodi's filebrowser window here and lets you select an image or folder. I could explicitly make the start browsing in a specific location, but I'm not doing do here. And I / the skin cannot control which drives or locations you don't see in the list.

In any case, I can select whichever location I have available on my end.
(2016-05-12, 22:51)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Full screen art is available as a widget. A non-widget implementation is on my list for a 3.x update. I need some to think about how to approach it. With so many variables already regarding what backgrounds can be on screen at a particular moment, things can get...chaotic if you know what I mean. At the moment I think the best way would be to have now playing fanart take precedence over any other background (with the only exception being fanart from widgets). Does that make sense?

Old positioning? I can't recall making any changes to this Huh

Yes makes sense. This is how you did it in refocus 2? And i really loved that..

The alignment of the covers is at the bottom now, not centered. Especially noticeable when using not standard covers:
https://postimg.org/image/t23s7xeo1/
Oh, that's not intended.. Will be fixed.
(2016-05-12, 22:51)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]yyeaahh I see things not going as intended there. At least, it depends on a combination of settings. I already had some plans regarding background loading, guess I'll make that sooner. Expect a fix tomorrow.

edit: or now. hopefully. I cleaned up thing a bit here and simplified the options in skin settings. You can enable or disable the fanarts slideshow here. If you don't, the skin will assume you'll use custom backgrounds and it will let you select them in the home menu customization window. If you don't select any it will use the default wallpaper.
OK, I'll give this a go tonight.

(2016-05-12, 22:51)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]This however, I doubt to be a skin issue. All the skin does is open Kodi's filebrowser window here and lets you select an image or folder. I could explicitly make the start browsing in a specific location, but I'm not doing do here. And I / the skin cannot control which drives or locations you don't see in the list.
It wasn't really the locations that bothered me (I'm pretty sure my backgrounds are in the downloads folder somewhere anyway), it was that the downloads folder shows as empty when I clicked on it. Huh (I know I have sub folders in there), but that may not be a skin issue either.Huh It's been a while since I went in to add backgrounds (normally I just restore a skin backup to bring them back), and the only change I can think of is switching to an official OE7 build for my Wetek box, instead of using a custom build from the forum.

Maybe that has something to do with it, but I'll try with your latest Git tonight to see what I get.
So, to clarify I made a small change to the skin settings highlighted here. This enables / disabled the fanart slideshow on the homescreen.

When this options is enabled, the background option is disabled in the home menu customization dialog

Quote:It wasn't really the locations that bothered me (I'm pretty sure my backgrounds are in the downloads folder somewhere anyway), it was that the downloads folder shows as empty when I clicked on it. Huh (I know I have sub folders in there), but that may not be a skin issue either.Huh

Can't think of any skin related issue for that no. The skin doesn't control any source or file listing. The only thing that could happen is that for some reason the skin makes the items invisible but I can see folders, subfolders and files and nothing has changed in the code for this window lately.
This wait for reFocus to hit the repo is killing me.

8(
Had to go back to Jarvis on all my 3 NUCs just because of the awesomeness of reFocus.
The other skins just cant give me the same userfriendliness and ease of use.

Thank you Jeroen Cool
OK, so I installed the latest Git from Friday and I can still only get to the downloads folder to select a background image from the customise home menu, but that must be something to do with the version of OE that I am currently running.

I logged on with my laptop and found the images I previously used in /Pictures/Backgrounds so i must have been able to access that directory in the past. Anyway, to fix this I just moved the images into the downloads folder for now.

selected the images for each menu item in customise home, from /Downloads/Backgrounds and hit OK, but no background images are showing. Rebooted and same result. Checked the option in skin settings for display fanart on the home screen and it is not selected, so now I am pretty confused as to why it isn't working.

Tried it on a PC at work on Friday, and it seemed to function correctly. :/
I'm not sure if this is related, but I installed Jarvis and the latest git refocus and a lot of the home screen images just display a black screen. I tried wiping my userdata folder and rebuilding the library from scratch, and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Edit: when I choose to show text, the movie name shows up in bottom right, but have black screen for the duration of that image. Then it will either transition to another black image, or to a working one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29