Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2016-04-11, 21:43)donut4000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11, 19:37)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-04, 23:00)donut4000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen - just chipping in to say the latest Github version seems to be working really well on my Raspberry Pi 3.

btw, how is Kodi/reFocus on the Pi3? I have been thinking about getting one as I never felt my current Pi capable enough as a mediacenter. Playback is fine, but just library browsing has been way to sluggish.

I'm very happy with it - I have a Pi2 running OSMC 15.2 as a backend for TVHeadend with a PCTV 292e triple stick for TV. Having the Pi3 as a front end seems to be a good idea - everything is much faster, and importantly, much more stable as it isn't being stressed trying to do everything. Compared to Kodi on my MacBook Pro, it is a wee bit slower, but faster than the Pi 2. I only got it a week or so back, so I've not had time to test it more, but thus far, I don't worry about using it a my main media centre/TV. Confluence is faster, but I much prefer ReFocus and the horizontal menu I really like - I have everything set up across 5 sections with sub menus, and it is so compact, and quick to whizz around movies, documentaries and TV - Between Kodi and reFocus, I've never has such a tight wee TV setup - all neatly velcro'd to the back of my telly! I grabbed a Flirc dongle so I can keep using my old Apple TV remote: crap for setting things up natch, but perfect for navigation and general use. Considering how cheap the Pi3 is, I'd totally recommend grabbing one.

Cool, cheers for that. Looks like I'll be getting one too soon then Smile
(2016-04-12, 07:45)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11, 18:58)pallisvans Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11, 17:17)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, OK Sad Could you provide a full debug log? Maybe that will give me some clues, as I don't know what could be causing it. Also, do you use widgets and if so, do you have them set to always show? And which Kodi build are you using?

I use widgets and they are set to always show. Edit: Disabled widgets and now the problem is gone. (unticking Always show widgets made no difference)

Kodi build is:
Kodi (16.0 Git:a5f3a99). Platform: Linux x86 32-bit
Kodi compiled Feb 20 2016 by GCC 4.8.4 for Linux x86 32-bit version 3.13.11 (199947)

This is the line in the debug log where I hit the backspace key to get to the Home screen:
16:37:15 T:3033356160 DEBUG: OnKey: backspace (0xf008) pressed, action is Back

Debug Log on pastebin

Allright, could you try again? What should happen at startup is that the skin waits for the skin shortcuts add-on to finish loading widgets in order to make a smooth loading of the home screen. I have removed that condition temporarily and made some other changes. If the problem is gone now, it'll give me some more insight but it'll be an intermediate step.

Smile That worked like a charm. Quit and relaunched Kodi a few times - everything is good.
clean and simple. Good option
(2016-04-12, 16:55)pallisvans Wrote: [ -> ]Smile That worked like a charm. Quit and relaunched Kodi a few times - everything is good.

Great, hopefully it will stay that way with the latest from Git as I re-added the mentioned check Smile
In code cleaning stage at the moment btw, I'll probably skip releasing compiled builds through my repo add-on this time and submit straight to Kodi's repo. Unless anyone has any serious bugs to report in the upcoming week or so.
Hey Jeroen,

almost done dude, congrats Love I freaking love refocus.

some stuff i come across, dont waste time answering if........ but:

- i loved the full screen cover art when playing music, especially on the home screen. Fanart isn't showing either.
Tried playing with the artist slideshow addon settings but i could not get it to work

- when using the gallery strip view and pressing down the unwatched indicator is still visible

- alignment of the headers (?) (movies, tv shows etc) and fanart (gallery strip, down press) when using kiosk mode

- brief flashes of the widget fanart when cycling through the home screen

- i cant get the weather fanart to work, i guess this is a problem with my config
(2016-04-19, 15:08)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]- i loved the full screen cover art when playing music, especially on the home screen. Fanart isn't showing either.
Tried playing with the artist slideshow addon settings but i could not get it to work
Working on it Wink

Quote:- when using the gallery strip view and pressing down the unwatched indicator is still visible
Fixed on Git

Quote:- alignment of the headers (?) (movies, tv shows etc) and fanart (gallery strip, down press) when using kiosk mode
Fixd on Git.

Quote:- brief flashes of the widget fanart when cycling through the home screen
Can you explain this a bit? I think I know what you mean, but that is something I fixed a while ago so if that returned I'll need to investigate. Note though that it won't be possible to exclude some flashing considering the many combinations like (multiimage) widget fanart, regular fanart and fallbacks to normal background fanart, not to mention the transitions between them Wink

Quote:- i cant get the weather fanart to work, i guess this is a problem with my config
Are you getting an empty select dialog? Weather fanart uses image reource add-ons now, plus an add-on to help with the selection process. For some reason it is not auto-installing that add-on, not sure what is up. Can you try installing it manually?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/jarvis/sc...ce.select/
Quote:Can you explain this a bit? I think I know what you mean, but that is something I fixed a while ago so if that returned I'll need to investigate. Note though that it won't be possible to exclude some flashing considering the many combinations like (multiimage) widget fanart, regular fanart and fallbacks to normal background fanart, not to mention the transitions between them Wink

When i select/enter a random widget (press up) and go back to the home menu some options (movies, tvshows etc) show a brief flash of the widget fanart.
It started a few weeks back, i think? Never happened in version 2.0. I can make a video if you want.

Quote:Are you getting an empty select dialog? Weather fanart uses image reource add-ons now, plus an add-on to help with the selection process. For some reason it is not auto-installing that add-on, not sure what is up. Can you try installing it manually?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/jarvis/sc...ce.select/

This worked. I downloaded a different pack.

When using kiosk mode there is still a 'gap' with the fanart on the left side of the screen in the gallery strip view

Thanks for the help/fixes!
(2016-04-16, 23:30)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-12, 16:55)pallisvans Wrote: [ -> ]Smile That worked like a charm. Quit and relaunched Kodi a few times - everything is good.

Great, hopefully it will stay that way with the latest from Git as I re-added the mentioned check Smile

Sorry to say the problem is back. Downloaded newest git today and it's stuck on welcome screen as before.
I'm getting a blank entry (big list view) above the first episode of each show in the season view.

It has a thumbnail window with ... written after it.

Not sure why.
(2016-04-21, 12:57)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting a blank entry (big list view) above the first episode of each show in the season view.

Not sure why.
Disable show parent folder items?
(2016-04-21, 12:57)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting a blank entry (big list view) above the first episode of each show in the season view.

Not sure why.

Sounds like normal behaviour to me? It takes you from seasons level to shows level.
Hmm...yes that does sound right Jeroen.

I think actually the problem is that the thumbnail is solid black which makes it stand out like a sore thumb. Doesn't it usually have a blue diamond pattern to it?

Maybe this is isolated to me, as I spotted some oth black thumbs yesterday too.
A black square doesn't sound right, no. I'll have to look into it.
(2016-04-21, 15:54)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...yes that does sound right Jeroen.

I think actually the problem is that the thumbnail is solid black which makes it stand out like a sore thumb. Doesn't it usually have a blue diamond pattern to it?

Maybe this is isolated to me, as I spotted some oth black thumbs yesterday too.

Fixed on Git, thanks for the report.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29