Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Forum Browser - Programs Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Version 1.5.1 RC4

Changes:
- Added setting 'Reverse Sort Search Results'
- When loading a forum, logo and theme will now not change unless it succeeds. On failure, underlying forum interface reverts to the currently displayed forum

On my REPO.

I finally fixed it so it doesn't end up in a weird state when pressing stop or an error occurs.

I seem to have created some sort of bug that causes FB settings to reset to default. I'll be trying to track that down. I pretty sure I know what recent work is causing it, I just don't know why. It seems like it may be only happening when loading is interrupted, and not every time.
(2013-04-06, 00:22)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-06, 00:14)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]ruuk actually If its not to much trouble I've been testing version1.5.0 and I prefer the new posts to be at bottom if I turn "Reverse sort posts" off your fix for the search results doesn't reverse so new posts dont land at the bottom sorry my fault

What I'll do is add an option to reverse search results.

works a treat thanks
Version 1.5.2 RC5

Changes:
- Some minor internal changes that I hope will fix the settings reset issue

On my REPO.

Since I'm thinking the settings reset issue has to do with accessing the settings between the service and the different threads of the main program, I implemented a locking behavior in the hopes this will fix it. No problems with my initial testing, but I'll have to let it sit for a while because it is a very intermittent problem.
Thanks so much for this! Never thought this could work so nice...
Hi ruuk,

I done some testing with v 1.5.2 rc5 on xbmcbuntu

The issue with the changing of logo I mentioned before seems to be working nicely now, I can only reproduce the way I described it when changing the xbmchub logo, while the xbmchub forum is active. Otherwise it's all working very nicely.

And regarding the fresh install I did the other day it was only a fresh install of FB & web viewer. Smile

I noticed that adding the forums now stays at the list until you have finished your selections, thank you.

Thanks for the updates

(2013-04-06, 23:33)_XbmcUser_ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for this! Never thought this could work so nice...

Yes it's wicked Laugh
(2013-04-07, 22:51)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]The issue with the changing of logo I mentioned before seems to be working nicely now, I can only reproduce the way I described it when changing the xbmchub logo, while the xbmchub forum is active. Otherwise it's all working very nicely.

Well, XBMC has trouble with the xbmchub logo url. Once the logo is cached (FB downloads it itself) then the logo appears fine. I'm guessing that caused the issue.
XBMC has issues with some image URLs. I'm not sure why.
Can't find anything wrong with version 1.5.2, how are you finding it ruuk
I've tested on ATV2, Android, WinXP and my Ubuntu dev machine and everything has been working well.
It seems like it is ready for the main repo Smile

I've been working on a video-centric skin (you may remember me mentioning the idea a while back)
I figured it was something I could do that didn't affect the code. I'll probably post one more release here with the skin enabled so you can see the progress, and then I'll just remove it as an option in the settings before I get everything ready for the 2.0 release. I think the skin is turning out nicely. The video takes up 3/4 of the screen and the rest of the FB interface wraps around it. It transforms when there is no video to use all the space. I think there is a reasonable chance that this could become the new default skin. Anyway, you can see for yourself. It's still a work in progress. In the end, my goal is to have all the dialogs and windows open around the video, so that you can have uninterrupted video while browsing forums.
Version 1.5.3 RC6

Changes:
- Some minor code changes
- Preview of Video skin (will be removed as an option for the 2.0 release)

On my REPO.
(2013-04-13, 20:32)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]Version 1.5.3 RC6

Changes:
- Some minor code changes
- Preview of Video skin (will be removed as an option for the 2.0 release)

On my REPO.

Hi ruuk
Loving the new video skin but it takes some getting used to at first

Some of the things I like are the way the images are presented to you at the bottom. I like the 3d green light. The video is nicely placed for each text box that appears. I would have liked a different background colour than black, maybe a sky blue, but I must say it does look sleek and improved on the light skin very modern looking. Please keep the light skin as I do still like it.

When viewing pictures could we have maybe a white picture frame to make the pictures stand out against the black skin

When clicking the skip left button on the remote to restart an already playing video it does restart the video but it also takes you back a page on the open forum

Thanks for an amazing update. Will continue to test in the coming days
(2013-04-14, 22:17)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]Loving the new video skin but it takes some getting used to at first
Yeah, for me too Smile
(2013-04-14, 22:17)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the things I like are the way the images are presented to you at the bottom. I like the 3d green light. The video is nicely placed for each text box that appears. I would have liked a different background colour than black, maybe a sky blue, but I must say it does look sleek and improved on the light skin very modern looking. Please keep the light skin as I do still like it.
When you say you would have liked a different background color than black, do you mean the skin background (as in the color behind all the elements) or something else?
The idea with the dark theme is to distract less from the video playing. But there is no reason I couldn't make the colors customizable or something.
One thing I was working on today was making the forum colors (previously only behind the logo on this skin) more prominent. I think it's better now, but you can see on the next update.
I don't plan on getting rid of the other skins Smile
(2013-04-14, 22:17)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]When viewing pictures could we have maybe a white picture frame to make the pictures stand out against the black skin.
I assume you mean the image slide out on the message view. Yeah, I should add something.
BTW, the image viewer window is just copied and pasted from one of the other skins, so that is why none of the skin elements show, and all you see is the image. That will of course be changed.
(2013-04-14, 22:17)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]When clicking the skip left button on the remote to restart an already playing video it does restart the video but it also takes you back a page on the open forum
Added to my todo list to see what I can do about that.

Just to be clear, when I said that I might become the new default skin, that is just a possibility and depends on how it works out Smile

The main thing I have been working on so far is trying to figure out best how to wrap the interface around the video and also the transformation between video and non-video "mode".
Once I get all that working I will go back and tweak the appearance and refine the images and fix any usability issues.

I would also like to encourage you (or anyone else lurking out there) to let me know what you don't like about the skin. Nothing is set in stone at this point (except perhaps the fact that when video is playing the video is going to be on the upper right and everything else has to fit elsewhere)
I'm not assuming you'll end up wanting to use this skin, but I would like to know what changes would make you want to. Not because I want to make this John's perfect skin Smile , but there's nobody else going to give me any input, and I like to get a point of view that's not only from my developer skewed brain.

BTW, I submitted 2.0.0 to the main repo today, so hopefully it will be up soon.
Regarding the colour I mean the main background behind all the elements
a very pale blue to see what it would look like

The picture frame I was on about was around the full screen image as if the image is black it tends to loose its definition against the black theme
Yes! V2.0.0
Version 2.0.0

Changes:
- Added translations from the translations project

On the official XBMC repository.

A note on translations:
  • Greek 100%
  • German 100%
  • Portuguese (Brazil) 90%
  • Portuguese 81%
  • Italian 48%
  • French 32%

All other languages are less than 20%, and there are a few strings that I've added since the listed ones were translated.

(2013-04-15, 19:14)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! V2.0.0

You beat me to it Smile
Version 2.0.1

Changes:
- Fixed: When viewing a forum that was selected in 'Subscriptions' the context menu would show 'Unsubscribe from forum: ' without the forum name.
- In the image viewer, moving left and right now navigates the images instead of navigating the buttons and highlights the button for the direction pressed
- Re-enable the Video skin in settings
- Fix the image viewer window for the Video skin
- Generic select dialogs now have a custom skin for all skins and move out of the way of video
- Various video skin tweaks

On my REPO.