Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mdoubleok Wrote:can you add a date to the first post? So we can determine if we have the newest nightly

Dates are incorporated into the filename of the builds.
procrastinator Wrote:Dates are incorporated into the filename of the builds.

very true, but not clear without downloading.

before downloading, or just an Last update xx/xx/xxxx on the actual post.
Downloading and installing now, hope this helps with some of my buffering issues I have been dealing with. Thanks for your hard work guys!
Hi, I followed the instructions on the first post, but it seems that I am downgrading? Instead of upgrading?

Which is newer? Thanks for any explanation:

Apple-TV:/private/var/tmp root# dpkg -i org.xbmc-021711_atv2-arm.deb
dpkg - warning: downgrading org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 from 10.0-6 to 10.0-5.
(Reading database ... 3558 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 10.0-6 (using org.xbmc-021711_atv2-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 ...
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (10.0-5) ...
ssss25 Wrote:Hi, I followed the instructions on the first post, but it seems that I am downgrading? Instead of upgrading?

Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 10.0-6 (using org.xbmc-021711_atv2-arm.deb) ...

Guys, use the official build, don't use the one in this thread. 10.0-7 is the latest when you do 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade'.
ssss25 Wrote:Hi, I followed the instructions on the first post, but it seems that I am downgrading? Instead of upgrading?

It is because in the nightly builds the version number isn't always up-to-date I guess.
Roums Wrote:It is because in the nightly builds the version number isn't always up-to-date I guess.

I purposely make my nightly the same last version # of the official so upgrades are seamless and should work thru nitotv (provided you set your key right..) once the next one comes out.
Thanks guys for your replies.. I'll use "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade"

hope the buffering issues get resolved by software and they are not hardware related!

Smile
Yay! AC3 audio now working, thanks guys!
Am I being dumb or is there no last.fm plugin (i.e for playback, not scrobbling) for the ATV2 builds?
Candor Wrote:@landwomble

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91581

"Last.fm submissions are tempremental (thanks keith)" ?
Yeah, I think that point is talking about submissions (i.e. scrobbling). You might find this thread more useful for setting up playback:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92951
no guarantees though, I don't use it myself so no idea if its working properly or not
Re. Any word on MMS support? Running latest build on i4.

Code:
WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(mms) in mms://XXXXXXXXX
ERROR: Open - failed to open source <mms://XXXXXXXXX
not going to happen until we sync with trunk, I've already said that.