Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Passthrough Changes with v17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting thread....to say the least. Anyways, I have an Android Box with an AML s905x chip on it. Snappy little device. DTS and DD passthrough work great on all softwares (Kodi 16.1/17, SPMC, native player), but no DTS-MA or Dolby TrueHD. Both get downmixed. Am I just dreaming of this box ever being able to play these codecs with Kodi? I only ever play my Blu-ray rips so the HD audio is of great interest to me. Plus I'd like to get rid of my big HTPC and this microscopic little box is just so cool.
They already do when you run a LibreELEC Kodi image on them from a Class 10 Samsung EVO or Sandisk SD card. Wink
(2016-12-14, 04:16)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]They already do when you run a LibreELEC Kodi image on them from a Class 10 Samsung EVO or Sandisk SD card. Wink

Cool, I'll give that a try. I can't believe how much zip this tiny little box has. Amazing stuff.
Hello,

what i'm doing wrong? Since Kodi 17 passthrough is not working on my AFTV Stick... on my AFTV Box everything is fine? It just do some strange voices and the Decoder Station only show 5.1 in this moment, so no Dolby or something else..? In a non Dolby Video everything is working fine, so its the passthrough, i already unchecked and its working but only with 5.1 Stereo ...

regards
Just tested latest beta...with beta7 in Xiaomi Mi box don't work anymore passthrough for DTS standard , and no HD audio passthrough at all.

With stable release (Jarvis 16) DTS-HD audio is converted in DTS standard.
(2016-12-20, 11:27)noisemake Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested latest beta...with beta7 in Xiaomi Mi box don't work anymore passthrough for DTS standard , and no HD audio passthrough at all.

That's what you call broken firmware. Wait till they fix it or return it
(2016-12-20, 11:29)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 11:27)noisemake Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested latest beta...with beta7 in Xiaomi Mi box don't work anymore passthrough for DTS standard , and no HD audio passthrough at all.

That's what you call broken firmware. Wait till they fix it or return it

Sad

Anyway thank you and thank all kodi team. Blush
Hey guys,
sorry for not reading the whole thread. But allow me one question:
What about Dolby Atmos and DTS-X on the Nvidia Shield? Does it work?
Thanks @ Team Kodi - You are awesome! Big Grin
Regards,
Chris
(2016-12-21, 23:48)chriz77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,
sorry for not reading the whole thread. But allow me one question:
What about Dolby Atmos and DTS-X on the Nvidia Shield? Does it work?
Thanks @ Team Kodi - You are awesome! Big Grin
Regards,
Chris
Yes
Thank you!

Well the version 20161210 (PCM-Hack) seems to work the same way 16.1 does work on my FireTV 4k with the most current Firmware:

DTS works - but DTS HD 7.1 is sent as normal DTS (5.1) to my AVR.

AC3 works too with normal 5.1 - but AC3 7.1 does not work as said.

But I am not able to set AC3 sound to Multichanal PCM..

The "normal" beta7 does handle ALL audio formats as Multi-Chanal PCM...

Haow to setup Multi Chanel PCM for AC3 only - better for AC3 7.1 onlyHuh

I can´t disable EAC3 - this version does not have this option...
If I disable AC3 receiver at all (7.1 speakes selected, "stereo upmix" enabled) I still only get Stereo...
If I enable AC3 receiver I get AC3 5.1 - but a AC3 7.1 film shows up as 2.0 - but not tone at all...

Thank you.
All fine as it should.
(2016-12-30, 03:50)Crady Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!

Well the version 20161210 (PCM-Hack) seems to work the same way 16.1 does work on my FireTV 4k with the most current Firmware:

DTS works - but DTS HD 7.1 is sent as normal DTS (5.1) to my AVR.

AC3 works too with normal 5.1 - but AC3 7.1 does not work as said.

But I am not able to set AC3 sound to Multichanal PCM..

The "normal" beta7 does handle ALL audio formats as Multi-Chanal PCM...

Haow to setup Multi Chanel PCM for AC3 only - better for AC3 7.1 onlyHuh

I can´t disable EAC3 - this version does not have this option...
If I disable AC3 receiver at all (7.1 speakes selected, "stereo upmix" enabled) I still only get Stereo...
If I enable AC3 receiver I get AC3 5.1 - but a AC3 7.1 film shows up as 2.0 - but not tone at all...

Thank you.
Ftv cannot pass HD audio. This is why I moved to a window pc.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Sorry for my dumb question, but I cannot follow. I thought that PR #11138 (forcepcmpassthrough in advancedsettings.xml) has not yet been merged - what version 20161210 are you referring to?
@fritsch: I know that you are fed up with this topic and maybe not willing to give more input to this matter, but I am asking my question anyway hoping that you point me in the right direction. Many thanks for your option to activate pcmpassthrough with advancedsettings.xml.

Since I did not find the 20161210-build with your PCM-Hack for Android, I compiled Kodi for Android on my own based on the recent Krypton-branch, applied your PR #11138 and activated forcepcmpassthrough via advancedsettings.xml for my FireTV2 - unfortunately it did not work out, I do NOT get DTS. Since you confirmed it working, I would like to find out what I made wrong. When (and where) am I supposed to see the warning that I activated PCM-passthrough? In the logfile or as an event? Is the option "DTS capable receiver" meant to return in the audio settings when forcepcmpassthrough is activated? Or maybe I missed something else?

Your feedback is highly appreciated. Many thanks and happy new year!