Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Passthrough Changes with v17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-02, 14:11)ssss25 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-02, 07:42)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Why not reading the very first post? Everything explained here, especially amlogic and pre alpha FW shippers mentioned.
I did. Please read my initial post.

I was asking because the following quote:

---
Android Firmware that meets the IEC61937 Audio standard used in Kodi Krypton v17 currently includes the Xiaomi Mi Box and the nVIDIA Shield.
---

Means that Mi box should work fine with DTS on v17. It doesn't. So anyone with mibox, any success?

Thanks.

Sent from my E6653 (typie typie)

Just to be sure: check that "sync playback to display" is disable in kodi settings

If it is activated, it will automatically disable passthrough
I use 2 Mi Box running Kodi 17 and now Kodi 17.1 RC.

1 setup is using a complete Home Theater setup with 4k AVR and 4K TV with all HDMI connections and another just the box connected to a HD TV.

No problem with passthru whatsoever .. DTS all the way to TrueHD and everything in between.

I also use Netflix and Mi Box can play Ultra 4K content w/ 5.1 Audio without any issues.

Do some isolation tests with other apps like Youtube and Netflix to see if the sync issue is not just Kodi
(2017-03-02, 14:11)ssss25 Wrote: [ -> ]Means that Mi box should work fine with DTS on v17. It doesn't. So anyone with mibox, any success?

Mine works just fine with DTS, DTS-HD, and DTS:X.
Why you don't check tej API ?
If find API < 23 you use some HACK and TRICK to send stream DD5.1 and DTS (with specjal adnotation about id) and if You find API>22 - you use API ?
Why you cut off people from this functionality ?

Pozdrawiam
It's not that easy. API can be broken, we, the users of sony and philps Android TVs now that. We waited for API 23 the whole year just to end up with the same shit as before. Not to mention another 7365 broken things with MM update.
(2017-03-03, 15:40)boe666 Wrote: [ -> ]Why you don't check tej API ?
If find API < 23 you use some HACK and TRICK to send stream DD5.1 and DTS (with specjal adnotation about id) and if You find API>22 - you use API ?
Why you cut off people from this functionality ?

Pozdrawiam

Because the old hack was possibly dangerous for your hear (and even if you never had issue, you could have it one day) when android audio sink try to deal whith whatever audio mess you send to him

And do not answer to make this a kodi settings with explanation because peoples will just turn it on without even reading (there are numerous exemple of this in the forum)
(2017-03-03, 15:40)boe666 Wrote: [ -> ]Why you don't check tej API ?

Please don't talk about stuff you seem to have no clue about.
There are 2 different API's, with different format being handled or not depending on the device API level.

Then there are devices don't fulfill the API (eg Sony and Philips TV re DTS in 23)
AML devices that didn't support anything but their own stuff before 23, and then again different AML devices have different 23 firmwares

If you want proof of the mess, just check Google's own Exoplayer player. There are TONS of hacks/workarounds per API and per device everywhere...
@fritsch. I'm using the shitty version as mentioned in your first post. Unfortunately I'm experiencing issues when trying to play a dvd movie (vob files) in my library. The shitty version immediately crashes after starting the movie. There is no relevant information in the logfile. Any idea what causes this? Kind regards
No idea.
Mmmmm Sad
(2017-03-04, 22:43)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]Mmmmm Sad

You'll need to provide a debug log, to get any usefull tips here
(2017-03-05, 00:33)Holger Kühn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-04, 22:43)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]Mmmmm Sad

You'll need to provide a debug log, to get any usefull tips here

I thought captain obvious would have made that clear already - but hehe - it seems some will never learn ;-) - thx for posting my sentence.
Thanks Holger (for posting fritsch's sentence Wink and fritsch for pointing me into the right direction. I copied and pasted the complete logfile on the pastbin website. I hope this is what you guys mentioned.
http://pastebin.com/FTqfwGLy
(2017-03-05, 11:34)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Holger (for posting fritsch's sentence Wink and fritsch for pointing me into the right direction. I copied and pasted the complete logfile on the pastbin website. I hope this is what you guys mentioned.
http://pastebin.com/FTqfwGLy

What about removing your banned addons (wiki) and post a new log if the issue is still there (a real full debug log (wiki) this time)
MOD EDIT

The last four posts have nothing to do with Kodi v17 Audio passthrough as is the topic of this actual thread, as such I've deleted them all.

Either stay on topic or open a new thread for DVD playback issues. This is an AUDIO ONLY thread !

I will repeat again as well. Users with dirt cheap AMLogic S912 devices have no hope of getting proper Kodi DTS/ HD Audio support when using Krypton, unless a miracle happens.
You have the worst possibly device for Android Krypton compatibly - due to running rubbish Firmware that should never have been released to market.