Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-07-14, 00:31)psicotron3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hijacking the post and pictures posted by @Dumyat . What's the supposed behavior when I choose "prefer color logos" option? Is it supposed to use the kodi resources color logos if available? On what screen? Does it reflect on the channel bug overlay?

(2020-07-13, 23:48)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I have noticed is when I quit Kodi and restart it, the channel order and numbers change each time. Is that by design, or it something that I shouldn't be seeing?

I'm also seeing this, not always, but most of the time.I´m using the PVR Callback option. I just assumed the behavior is "by design" at the moment and it's something to be changed later. Nothing different shows up at the logs.

When you enable "Prefer Color" PTVL will start using color logos (if available). ie. Dialogs, channel bugs, etc... You will see an instant change in dialog menus ex. Pre-Defined "TV Networks'.... your existing channels will receive the update next time PTVL self-updates (hourly) or if you add a new channel.

Yes, "Pre-Defined" channels are dynamically created... and not designed to retain a static number. "User-Defined" channels allow greater flexibility.

I can add support for static numbers if that's an issue. I let Kodi handle channel number so I've never noticed.
(2020-07-14, 02:12)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-13, 23:48)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ] 
It's a skinning issue; you'll have to contact a skinner... I don't keep up to date on the topic.
All the info should be there, just a matter of finding the correct label to use.
Oki doki. I will follow up on an earlier question I had raised in the skinning section.
I know the point is not really relevant to PTVL working, but it is relevant to the PVR section in general.
Sometimes ,I have this issue.When I exit Kodi and then start it again all my channels are not working.When at the beggining kodi loads channels from the pvr backends PLTV says there is an error,check the log.Channels are still in the guide but when I click on them I also get an error.Then the only thing I can do is to delete manually m3u and start building another new one.

Log: https://pastebin.com/exPxECwB
(2020-07-14, 20:06)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes ,I have this issue.When I exit Kodi and then start it again all my channels are not working.When at the beggining kodi loads channels from the pvr backends PLTV says there is an error,check the log.Channels are still in the guide but when I click on them I also get an error.Then the only thing I can do is to delete manually m3u and start building another new one.

Can you attach a copy of your m3u. THX
(2020-07-14, 20:30)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-14, 20:06)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes ,I have this issue.When I exit Kodi and then start it again all my channels are not working.When at the beggining kodi loads channels from the pvr backends PLTV says there is an error,check the log.Channels are still in the guide but when I click on them I also get an error.Then the only thing I can do is to delete manually m3u and start building another new one.

Can you attach a copy of your m3u. THX
m3u: https://hastebin.com/pojukazeru.pl

.... were you playing around with M3U imports?

Your log is trying to load an m3u from an odd directory.... I would double-check your settings. Did you change the default save location for the files?

Logs shows: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-m3u: load, file = special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/logos/logos/logos/pseudotv.m3u
(2020-07-14, 22:14)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]

.... were you playing around with M3U imports?

Your log is trying to load an m3u from an odd directory.... I would double-check your settings. Did you change the default save location for the files?

Logs shows: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-m3u: load, file = special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/logos/logos/logos/pseudotv
You're right.Somehow I changed the default save location for files,propably while I was playing with my logo folders.Everything runs fine now.
Thank you.
(2020-07-14, 06:10)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]When you enable "Prefer Color" PTVL will start using color logos (if available). ie. Dialogs, channel bugs, etc... You will see an instant change in dialog menus ex. Pre-Defined "TV Networks'.... your existing channels will receive the update next time PTVL self-updates (hourly) or if you add a new channel.

Yes, "Pre-Defined" channels are dynamically created... and not designed to retain a static number. "User-Defined" channels allow greater flexibility.

I can add support for static numbers if that's an issue. I let Kodi handle channel number so I've never noticed.

I tested the color logos and they work nicely and out of box for TV Networks and Movie Studios. Very nice.

About the static number, it would be a nice addition for the future, but I don't see it as something very high on priority list.

I increased my local library and PseudoTV works much better with a larger library, I've been using using it for a few days without any issues and I'm really pleased.

Thanks
(2020-07-15, 21:46)psicotron3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-14, 06:10)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]When you enable "Prefer Color" PTVL will start using color logos (if available). ie. Dialogs, channel bugs, etc... You will see an instant change in dialog menus ex. Pre-Defined "TV Networks'.... your existing channels will receive the update next time PTVL self-updates (hourly) or if you add a new channel.

I tested the color logos and they work nicely and out of box for TV Networks and Movie Studios. Very nice.

About the static number, it would be a nice addition for the future, but I don't see it as something very high on priority list.

I increased my local library and PseudoTV works much better with a larger library, I've been using using it for a few days without any issues and I'm really pleased.

Thanks
Great! I'm glad to hear... I'm planning to push the next round of beta updates soon... "User-Defined" channels, ie, Nodes, Smart playlists, Plugins, etc...

I'm not sure where I stand with Pre-defined channels... their purpose is easy channel building... ie. no channel rules, no maintenance or setup.
If we want to preserve channel numbering we'd have to move over to the system handling "User-Defined" channels; which translates to users responsibility maintaining those channels...takes away from the convenience.

Kodi and PTVL work best when you allow Kodi to handle channel numbers, ie. you'll never notice the backend channel numbers change.... and for now if you really want to preserve the order/numbering you can always move over to "user-Defined" channels.
(2020-07-13, 16:57)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-13, 12:28)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]Has there been any movement on the problem that I and someone else had using the Playlist method and PTVL only playing one video, then going back to the guide?

Thank you,
Mark

Not a bug within PTVL; tested heavily... It could be another plugin/skin interfering with PTVL operations.

::Update::
I noticed that upnext/nextup is part of Kodis default matrix skin; I'll add an opt-out for the plugin... that may be your issue.
Lunatixz,

Still am having this problem. In Playlist mode, the next video does not play. Is the "upnext/nextup" something I can select in settings somewhere?

Here is the log for this problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7e2evgiqsl651...i.log?dl=0

Another problem with Playlist mode is that I can not move forward within the timeline to play a video. It always defaults to the video that is currently at the time line.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6695jggmbv34s0q/kodi.log?dl=0

Latest nightly from 7/15 as well as new install of PTV, looks to ne rev d still.

Thank you,
Mark
(2020-07-15, 22:24)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-13, 16:57)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-13, 12:28)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]Has there been any movement on the problem that I and someone else had using the Playlist method and PTVL only playing one video, then going back to the guide?

Thank you,
Mark

Not a bug within PTVL; tested heavily... It could be another plugin/skin interfering with PTVL operations.

I noticed that upnext/nextup is part of Kodis default matrix skin; I'll add an opt-out for the plugin... that may be your issue.
Lunatixz,

Still am having this problem. In Playlist mode, the next video does not play. Is the "upnext/nextup" something I can select in settings somewhere?

Here is the log for this problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7e2evgiqsl651...i.log?dl=0

Another problem with Playlist mode is that I can not move forward within the timeline to play a video. It always defaults to the video that is currently at the time line.

Latest nightly from 7/15 as well as new install of PTV, looks to ne rev d still.

Thank you,
Mark

Wait for next release, it disables the nextup plugin which I believe is your problem... otherwise I've heavily tested playlists specifically for you the last few nights. Works perfectly on my end... If things don't improve after the next release, try a clean start.

As for skipping forward now sure what you mean; On my end, if you select a channel with playback method playlist; it starts at the live position... you can skip forward anytime.

If you want to start the playback from a future position and not live, bring up the context menu and choose "Play from here"
(2020-07-15, 23:23)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-15, 22:24)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-13, 16:57)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bug within PTVL; tested heavily... It could be another plugin/skin interfering with PTVL operations.

Lunatixz,

Thank you,
Mark

Wait for next release, it disables the nextup plugin which I believe is your problem... otherwise I've heavily tested playlists specifically for you the last few nights. Works perfectly on my end... If things don't improve after the next release, try a clean start.

As for skipping forward now sure what you mean; On my end, if you select a channel with playback method playlist; it starts at the live position... you can skip forward anytime.

If you want to start the playback from a future position and not live, bring up the context menu and choose "Play from here"
Wow! Appreciate the personalized service. :-)

I'll look forward to the next release.

Thank you,
Mark
(2020-07-15, 22:02)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-14, 06:10)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ] 
Kodi and PTVL work best when you allow Kodi to handle channel numbers, ie. you'll never notice the backend channel numbers change.... and for now if you really want to preserve the order/numbering you can always move over to "user-Defined" channels.
For "User-Defined" channels, will the user also have to nominate/create the group the Channel(s) are to be placed into?
(2020-07-16, 20:25)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-15, 22:02)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
For "User-Defined" channels, will the user also have to nominate/create the group the Channel(s) are to be placed into?

Yes, there is a provided list of "Groups" to choose from and an option to add your own.

I pushed subversion 'e' a few minutes ago; its the last update for this round of BETA testing.... Please anyone with existing issues (test a clean install of v.0.1.1e)... let's address the remaining issues now! before the next round.
(2020-07-16, 12:44)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-15, 23:23)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-15, 22:24)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]Lunatixz,

Thank you,
Mark

Wow! Appreciate the personalized service. :-)

I'll look forward to the next release.

Thank you,
Mark
HAHA! Maybe should have said "... tested playlists specifically for your issue"
Anywho you're a PseudoTV O.G; I remember all the long time supporters! ... you guys always get top billing!