Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
I don't understand. You linked the files and the Kodi build is linked in the first posting. Both aren't hard to find.
He was asking how you found the quality to be, not how you found the files.
Ah, my apologies for being slow to catch on. Auto conversations aren't my cup of tea and I don't like them much. But it's most important that you like your work, not my opinion. Smile
(2022-01-26, 23:42)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine in Kodi 16, 17, 18. Fails in Kodi 19. Here are 3 examples.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) Teaser 1 3D

Spider-Man No Way Home (2021) Teaser 1 3D

Spider-Man No Way Home (2021) Trailer 1 3D

Thank you - I will test in the coming days...

I want to finish the auto upscale first - 2 remaining issues left.
Sadly, my system has an annoying bug that kodi sometimes stops recognizing the receiver, and require exit and relauch to recognize it again. This issue started with the v19.3 official release (unrelated to MVC), and I will tackle it once I finish with the current roster of 3D patches.
@damagedspline I think I have seen the same with recent versions, audio bitstream just breaks and eventually the video freezes. I have to force quit Kodi and start Kodi again then it works.

I also suffer from a long term issue that Dolby Digital Plus streams sourced from Universal HDDVDs do not work. I made some minor progress with it here but ultimately it seems I don't have the dev skills to fix it:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365570
(2022-01-28, 14:07)Krobar Wrote: [ -> ]@damagedspline I think I have seen the same with recent versions, audio bitstream just breaks and eventually the video freezes. I have to force quit Kodi and start Kodi again then it works.

I also suffer from a long term issue that Dolby Digital Plus streams sourced from Universal HDDVDs do not work. I made some minor progress with it here but ultimately it seems I don't have the dev skills to fix it:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365570

and a proposed fix that did not worked for me yet. as the author suggested, i need some more testing with different settings.
(2022-01-26, 23:42)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine in Kodi 16, 17, 18. Fails in Kodi 19. Here are 3 examples.

I did not delve deep -
Both Spiderman trailers were visible, Dr. Strange trailer was pitch black only for the first half of the trailer... Reproduced on both official kodi release and MVC patched version.
All 3 trailer broke my audio system just as usual these days.., I advice looking to see if someone else reported the pitch black issue in other threads as well.
(2022-01-28, 23:12)damagedspline Wrote: [ -> ]

I did not delve deep -
Both Spiderman trailers were visible, Dr. Strange trailer was pitch black only for the first half of the trailer... Reproduced on both official kodi release and MVC patched version.
All 3 trailer broke my audio system just as usual these days.., I advice looking to see if someone else reported the pitch black issue in other threads as well.

I'll take your confirmation that in the "advancement" of Kodi something has been broken. If there wasn't a nice enough improvement to some more basic functions of Kodi from 17-18 I would just revert back to a fully functioning Kodi 17 MC build and be done with it. The more Kodi "gets better" the less useful it is to me.
(2022-01-29, 01:38)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take your confirmation that in the "advancement" of Kodi something has been broken. If there wasn't a nice enough improvement to some more basic functions of Kodi from 17-18 I would just revert back to a fully functioning Kodi 17 MC build and be done with it. The more Kodi "gets better" the less useful it is to me.
Yeah Sad
I think I'll cherrypick the new auto 3d display feature & auto upscale changes to v18.9 and maintain 2 versions till the audio issue is solved.
(2022-01-29, 07:52)damagedspline Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-29, 01:38)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take your confirmation that in the "advancement" of Kodi something has been broken. If there wasn't a nice enough improvement to some more basic functions of Kodi from 17-18 I would just revert back to a fully functioning Kodi 17 MC build and be done with it. The more Kodi "gets better" the less useful it is to me.
Yeah Sad
I think I'll cherrypick the new auto 3d display feature & auto upscale changes to v18.9 and maintain 2 versions till the audio issue is solved.

For me, using Kodi 18.3 MVC fork, the only 3D issues I've had are MVC right-eye first files and then CinemaVision being able to run together multiple 3D (mainly SBS till the MVC feature) videos in a row. Everything else works pretty darn well for me as anything else I've wanted from Kodi mainline or CV haven't been implemented and I don't think will.

I should add that I do appreciate your continued work on MVC, trying to move it forward. I don't mean to sound pissy at you or anyone else who's been working to keep MVC 3D alive. Just frustrated that it's so difficult to get one solution to a fantastic home theater experience.
Hi
And Why not just a 'mini kodi' lauched as an external player ?
(2022-01-28, 23:12)damagedspline Wrote: [ -> ]I did not delve deep -

Well, then jogals latest DXVA changes might be the key to fix the playback issues. I didn't notice that my own Kodi build with jogals patch was active when I tested the files... Blush

Maybe you like to try this build and see if it fixes the issues:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0eqq4j9nuqnvgm...4.exe?dl=0

Sources:
https://github.com/boeschy/xbmc
(2022-01-29, 10:43)udobroemme Wrote: [ -> ]Well, then jogals latest DXVA changes might be the key to fix the playback issues. I didn't notice that my own Kodi build with jogals patch was active when I tested the files... Blush

Maybe you like to try this build and see if it fixes the issues:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0eqq4j9nuqnvgm...4.exe?dl=0

Sources:
https://github.com/boeschy/xbmc

No dice. same result... I did notice a slight improvement in performance.
Was worth a try. What else might be different with my setup to make it work?
Updated kodi v18.9 release for testing:
* [Cherrypicked] MFX level setter
* [Cherrypicked] Auto control Windows 3D Display
* [NEW feature] Upscale SBS & HTAB/OU to full frame 3D - requires auto 3d display enabled and preferred stereo mode set to "hardware based"
**** "Hardware based" will always be visible when auto 3d display is enabled - will be defaulted to same as movie if HW does not really supports full frame 3d

Not compatible with kodi v19 settings so backup existing settings before testing! (can be found at %AppData%\Kodi\)

Download: https://app.box.com/s/ih8v49565r1nfq8yt6zjt49mv3lmp8e4

Did not crash my audio, was able to play @K0D1User1138  troublesome trailers. Sadly lacks the better HDR to SDR tonemapping Sad 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29