Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on LG Web OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@jockyw2001: Well if you happen to have a streaming service account and a rooted tv you can execute the commands from post #392.
I have an Amazon Prime account, but the tv runs with latest firmware. From what I have been reading it can't be rooted with RootMyTv. Too bad Sad
Hi, can you reupload your Kodi for WebOS 3.x?

Thanks a lot
@sundermann: from the kodi.log it looks like Kodi for Webos can't properly demux the .ts stream. Just as discussed here
and more specifically an issue in xbmc/inputstream.adaptive/blob/Omega/src/TSReader.cpp
Is there a solution on the horizon? Can we add some debug code or fall back to a previous working version of inputstream.adaptive?

I've also installed the TVheadend Client app and it doesn't have any issues with the HD streams.
I patched ~/kodi/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/DVDFactoryCodec.cpp to always use ffmpeg codecs. I commented out the "platform specifig video decoders" block in function CDVDFactoryCodec::CreateVideoCodec.

1920x1080 HD streams play fine now. This is all I need for now.
@jockyw2001: The issue you mention is not related to this one. In your case extra data was not empty because the bitstream converter is created. The k5lp SoC just seems to fail at hardware acceleration completely, not related to inputstream.adaptive. While you can disable hw acceleration, it is not a good solution as the TV can only render at maximum 1080p content on the UI plane. Also there is only 60Hz available causing frame stutter. I guess it's better than nothing though
Though Kodi with HTS client now fully suits my purposes,  I will inspect the extra data and see over which NAL the hw decoder stumbles.
Hi. Anybody know how to install pvr client repo ? There is no pvr repo in my addons.
Binary addons are not distributed in the official repositories currently. Wait for them to become available or compile them yourself
@sundermann:  is there already a video hw decoder/renderer in the source code for my TV with k5lp SoC? It's running on rtd287o with webOS(none) n/a, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.4.84-p.590.gyoen.k5lp.2
is it this one? xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecStarfish.cpp
Yes, that is the one for webOS
Did a bit of research and from what I've been reading it doesn't look good. There are many LG homebrew users plagued by the exact same hw video decoder issues. 
mariotaku the developer of moonlight-tv writes this and so far he is still listing this an open issue for LG TVs with k5lp SoC. Apparently this wasn't an issue with firmware versions before 05.20.15 (I'm on 05.30.40)

I probably will have to find a way to root my TV for easier debugging. Can anyone point me to a tutorial to manually root a 50UM7600PTA ?
Awesome work guys! I wasn't expecting this to work on my LG C9 but the latest nightly seems to boot up. 
I'm wanting to copy over some of my addons/userdata and have my .kodi folder backed up from an android install but swapping out the userdata folder in my webos kodi install with the android .kodi/userdata folder seems to stop WebOs kodi from booting.
Usually this works flawlessly between LE and Android Kodi but not this build. 

Not sure if anyone is ale to support?
@sunlollyking You are probably copying over binary addons which aren't ABI compatible with the webOS builds

@jockyw2001 Not all hope is lost but it's extremely difficult to track down the issue without that specific mainboard at hand. Check the openlgtv discord for rooting options