Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on LG Web OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That makes sense, thanks.
If I can be of assistance, please let me know. Wink
Hello everyone.
I'm having trouble installing "inputstream.adaptive"
This application needs to be installed for several addons to work, but it does not appear in any of the repositories or indicates that it is not available.
Any solution?
Thank you.
(2023-05-22, 07:05)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]if you need inputstream.adaptive for DRM streams: that's not yet working.

Apparently binary addons are not ready yet.
(2023-08-12, 18:02)Cy4n1d3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-22, 07:05)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]if you need inputstream.adaptive for DRM streams: that's not yet working.

Apparently binary addons are not ready yet.
Thanks. Wink
I just built Kodi for webOS following the instructions but the app isn't launching with missing libraries error:

Quote:./kodi-webos: error while loading shared libraries: libdrm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What am I missing or are the instructions out of date for something?

For some reason there aren't many libraries in tools/webOS/packaging/lib and I'm not sure why.
The CI has libdrm and libshairplay but they're not present for me.
(2023-08-13, 15:59)quietvoid Wrote: [ -> ]I just built Kodi for webOS following the instructions but the app isn't launching with missing libraries error:

Quote:./kodi-webos: error while loading shared libraries: libdrm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What am I missing or are the instructions out of date for something?

For some reason there aren't many libraries in tools/webOS/packaging/lib and I'm not sure why.

Just to make sure as I haven’t tried building it myself yet, but does post #90 in this thread solve it?
(2023-08-13, 17:20)SoulReaver Wrote: [ -> ]Just to make sure as I haven’t tried building it myself yet, but does post #90 in this thread solve it?

The one linking libwayland-egl? It doesn't make any difference.
Nothing happens at all when I try opening the app on the TV.
(2023-08-13, 17:27)quietvoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-13, 17:20)SoulReaver Wrote: [ -> ]Just to make sure as I haven’t tried building it myself yet, but does post #90 in this thread solve it?

The one linking libwayland-egl? It doesn't make any difference.
Nothing happens at all when I try opening the app on the TV.

Yes. Thanks for confirming.
I just tested a nightly build and it works fine, so I don't know where my build is going wrong.
It definitely seems related to the toolchain and stuff, though.
(2023-08-13, 15:59)quietvoid Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason there aren't many libraries in tools/webOS/packaging/lib and I'm not sure why.
Presumably you used the latest toolchain release. CI is still using the one before. Comment verify-symbols.sh and you should be good
(2023-08-13, 19:31)sundermann Wrote: [ -> ]Presumably you used the latest toolchain release. CI is still using the one before. Comment verify-symbols.sh and you should be good

Yes I used the latest buildroot-nc4 release from 2023-06-20.

Commenting the line made it find libdrm/libshairplay and now the app works fine.
Thanks!
(2023-05-22, 07:54)enjoy-combi Wrote: [ -> ]It is for youtube, then I do beleive DRM is required. Then I can stop my try.
Thank you for the information

Just FYI. Inputstream.adaptive works fine for YouTube on webOS if you compile it yourself and install from zip. Using it right now.
So pass through seems to be working for me with Dolby Digital and DD+ (Atmos) content. Any chance of TrueHD support coming down the line?
@sundermann I discovered an audio bug that should be easily reproduceable.

If I start watching content that has audio which can passthrough then after stopping that content no PCM audio will play. You can instantly tell the audio is gone if you have GUI sounds enabled as these will stop sounding and if you then try watching a YouTube video using the addon for Kodi or any video in Kodi that does not have audio included capable of being transcoded or passed through then no audio will play. The only way I was able to get sound in Kodi again on these other formats was to change app and play something that would make the receiver switch to PCM audio again like playing a video from the built in webOS YouTube app and then audio (GUI sounds will click again so you can tell quickly) will come back when going back to the Kodi webOS app.

I know this version is still in its early stages of development but it’s quickly becoming a favorite of mine with the instant and smooth refresh rate changes on all content without a black screen. It’s a thing of beauty. I wonder what magic is going on under the hood, but it works amazingly well.

Thanks for your hard work on this version Smile
(2023-08-17, 00:02)MemBass Wrote: [ -> ]So pass through seems to be working for me with Dolby Digital and DD+ (Atmos) content. Any chance of TrueHD support coming down the line?
No it is a hardware limitation.
(2023-08-17, 10:24)SoulReaver Wrote: [ -> ]If I start watching content that has audio which can passthrough then after stopping that content no PCM audio will play.
This does not happen for me. That being said, it might be because the PCM device is opened too early since in passthrough mode audio playback will be exclusively passthrough only. Debug logs might be useful here to check when the passthrough device is disposed and the ALSA device is opened again. Do you have the option keep audio device enabled?