Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on LG Web OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-10-25, 04:40)Ericthegreat Wrote: [ -> ]Theres no way to copy folders? the languages will take a long time to copy over....

Why don't you test the files without unpacking them, and install them normally in Kodi as a ZIP? It should also work like this. However, under certain circumstances this can lead to errors and that is why I recommended manual transfer to the TV.
(2023-10-27, 08:32)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-27, 00:38)mmstory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-26, 14:25)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]I have compiled “pvr.stalker” for Kodi 20 ALPHA1 Wayland1 Branch. You can test and report if worked. Here is the link: pvr.stalker

Important! It is not installed by Kodi via .ZIP as usual, but must be copied to the TV manually.
Unzip the pvr.stalker.zip and copy the folder pvr.stalker to /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/addons/ on the TV using FileZilla.
Thanks , unfortually it doesent works

Ok, that was wrong version, test the new one from today. It also works as an installation from the zip file. You do not need to unzip and copy to TV.
The addon work properly and load channels but no vidéo or audio
There is no DRM support currently
Hi, I've been beginning to study the unofficial native development kit for webOS when I realized LG only lets you make simple web apps with their free developer account. I have an LG C2.

Regarding the audio syncing issues. I noticed the audio driver is ALSA. PulseAudio is an option too, at least on my TV with webOS 22. I can't build anything myself yet (the toolchain setup is a little complicated as I am still a novice programmer) but I would suggest to whoever the developer is that does build this to try and include the PulseAudio driver along with the ALSA option too.
Please add in appinfo.json in main folder 
Quote:  "iconColor": "#FFFFFF",
to fix black icon background.
Also ffmpeg nice to see inside ;P

Thanks
I have 4.9.7-17 (goldilocks2-gyoen) and I try a lot of version but no luck with render option. I've got only "Auto detect" 
I saw that someone say 4.x never got HW processing, is that truth?
(2023-10-26, 20:00)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-26, 19:23)sixsleiv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-26, 18:49)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, you have the GUI set to advanced and not EXPERT. Can you scroll down?
Which Kodi version is this? And which webOS?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YS0yU2v...p=drivesdk
Ok, I saw the version has no hardware accelerator support integrated.
Which ipk version do you have installed? And under which webOS?
Can You gave new link ? this is wrong .
THX
(2023-10-28, 11:03)sixsleiv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-26, 20:00)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-26, 19:23)sixsleiv Wrote: [ -> ]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YS0yU2v...p=drivesdk
Ok, I saw the version has no hardware accelerator support integrated.
THX
Unfortunately, I can not. The ipk was apparently removed by the developer. But I think that the improvements have found a place in the new official version. The, and future updates are to be installed via the Homebrew Channel. A lot of time and patience is invested by the developer to fix all current bugs and implement new video rendering algorithms.
Just be patient and wait.
(2023-10-28, 12:50)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-28, 11:03)sixsleiv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-26, 20:00)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I saw the version has no hardware accelerator support integrated.
THX
Unfortunately, I can not. The ipk was apparently removed by the developer. But I think that the improvements have found a place in the new official version. The, and future updates are to be installed via the Homebrew Channel. A lot of time and patience is invested by the developer to fix all current bugs and implement new video rendering algorithms.
Just be patient and wait.

Super . And thank You .
i have OLED55C7V-T , Firmware: 06.10.30 & webOS:3.9 and try install kodi 21 via webOS Dev Manager but after install & copy 
cp /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1 = only logo load and not start
is still webOS3.9 not support ?
(2023-10-28, 14:25)nayef Wrote: [ -> ]i have OLED55C7V-T , Firmware: 06.10.30 & webOS:3.9 and try install kodi 21 via webOS Dev Manager but after install & copy 
cp /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1 = only logo load and not start
is still webOS3.9 not support ?

webOS 3.x uses Wayland1 and is not compatible with the newer Kodi V21Alpha3 for webOS. Officially, webOS 5+ is required. You can try to install an earlier version (V21 Alpha1), but it has no support anymore and will not be updated.
where can i get link old v20 ipk ?
(2023-10-29, 06:34)nayef Wrote: [ -> ]where can i get link old v20 ipk ?

Try these:Alpha1
After installation, run this command in terminal:
cp /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1
(2023-10-27, 18:46)mmstory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-27, 08:32)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-27, 00:38)mmstory Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks , unfortually it doesent works

Ok, that was wrong version, test the new one from today. It also works as an installation from the zip file. You do not need to unzip and copy to TV.
Video work still problem with audio
(2023-10-29, 11:13)mmstory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-27, 18:46)mmstory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-27, 08:32)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, that was wrong version, test the new one from today. It also works as an installation from the zip file. You do not need to unzip and copy to TV.
Video work still problem with audio

Can you describe in more detail what is wrong with your Kodi? Is it synchronous audio to video and what kind of videos? Do YouTube videos play normally?