Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on LG Web OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@jockyw2001: You could try setting some of the parameters here though I suspect that will help.
I was thinking the same. But if I compare these values with those of Netflix and Amazon, there is actually no difference. I suppose you wanted to write that it probably won't help, but perhaps it is worth a try.

Before I experiment with those I will collect legacy-logs while streaming Netflix and Amazon. 

What makes me suspicious is this log line:
Code:
OMXIL ERROR  OMX_VRPC     ../../git/rpc/vdec/vrpc_handle.cpp:253:initRingBuffer: fail to allocate rb hdr

It appears it's working on setting up a cms buffer for HDR, but what if HDR isn't required? (either by the stream nor by the user)
(2023-10-20, 10:49)sundermann Wrote: [ -> ]@jockyw2001: You could try setting some of the parameters here though I suspect that will help.
It didn't help, still getting an "omxrpc_init init error": https://paste.kodi.tv/ikidigahup.kodi

I changed the values as follows:
Code:
constexpr unsigned int PRE_BUFFER_BYTES = 0;
// JW: constexpr unsigned int MAX_QUEUE_BUFFER_LEVEL = 1 * 1024 * 1024; // 1 MB
constexpr unsigned int MAX_QUEUE_BUFFER_LEVEL = 1 * 512 * 1024; // 512 KB
constexpr unsigned int MIN_BUFFER_LEVEL = 0;
constexpr unsigned int MAX_BUFFER_LEVEL = 0;
//JW: constexpr unsigned int MIN_SRC_BUFFER_LEVEL = 1 * 1024 * 1024; // 1 MB
//JW: constexpr unsigned int MAX_SRC_BUFFER_LEVEL = 8 * 1024 * 1024; // 8 MB
constexpr unsigned int MIN_SRC_BUFFER_LEVEL = 1 * 512 * 1024; // 512 KB
constexpr unsigned int MAX_SRC_BUFFER_LEVEL = 1 * 512 * 1024; // 512 KB

For reference, here are the legacy-logs for Netflix and Amazon:
Netflix -> https://paste.kodi.tv/upakezolac.kodi
Amazon -> https://paste.kodi.tv/eyarewufam.kodi
(2023-10-20, 11:13)jockyw2001 Wrote: [ -> ]What makes me suspicious is this log line:

Code:
OMXIL ERROR  OMX_VRPC     ../../git/rpc/vdec/vrpc_handle.cpp:253:initRingBuffer: fail to allocate rb hdr

It appears it's working on setting up a cms buffer for HDR, but what if HDR isn't required? (either by the stream nor by the user)
That's bullshit Wink .... "fail to allocate rb hdr" simply means "fail to allocate ringbuffer header".

After comparison with amazon and netflix logs it looks that OMX VRPC can't allocate an insecure block of continuous memory area. Next thing I want to try is allocating a secure ringbuffer.
(2023-10-15, 02:27)jlvlnzl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, can you reupload your Kodi for WebOS 3.x?

Thanks a lot

@jlvlnzl
Hi,
here is a link to an older Kodi build that uses Wayland1 for webOS 3.xx:
Kodi webOS3 Wayland1
Have fun with it and report if it worked.
Attention, very important: Immediately after installation, enter the following command in Terminal or SSH and only then start Kodi:
Code:
cp /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1
sundermann: I would like kodi-webos to use my patched libomx_vdec.so instead of the original /usr/lib/libomx_vdec.so
I already tried putting it in /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib but to no avail.
Any ideas?

Another question, webos seems to distinguish between various content types like IP1, IP2, IP1_IP2, IP2_IP1
Are these described somewhere?

And here another legacy-log for the TVheadend Client app, which interestingly plays the HD stream just fine. Probably it uses a developer webOS API.
There are fine differences with the Kodi legacy-log
Here it is: https://paste.kodi.tv/jocofahava.kodi
You can mount bind it or use some RPATH magic.

I don't know about content types, sorry.

I'd try adding the audio fields to the pipeline as well. There is a chance video only pipelines are not supported.
I just rooted my B9 55' for this and gave it a spin. Wow, huge kudos to all of those involved, it looks extremely promising, and runs much better than I expected it to
Hollo all.
I need help for install inputstream.ffmpegdirect.
lg c2 webos 7.3.1
rooted
(2023-10-22, 13:21)sixsleiv Wrote: [ -> ]Hollo all.
lg c2 webos 7.3.1
rooted

What help do you need with the installation?
You can compile the necessary add-ons for your Kodi branch yourself.

If you can't, here is a link to “inputstream.ffmpegdirect” Add-on for Kodi 21.0-ALPHA3, Compiled for Kodi on LG webOS. inputstream.ffmpegdirect

Important! It is not installed by Kodi via .ZIP as usual, but must be unzipped and copied manually to TV.
Unzip the inputstream.ffmpegdirect.zip and copy the folder inputstream.ffmpegdirect to /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/addons/ on the TV using FileZilla.
(2023-10-22, 16:38)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-22, 13:21)sixsleiv Wrote: [ -> ]Hollo all.
lg c2 webos 7.3.1
rooted

What help do you need with the installation?
You can compile the necessary add-ons for your Kodi branch yourself.

If you can't, here is a link to “inputstream.ffmpegdirect” Add-on for Kodi 21.0-ALPHA3, Compiled for Kodi on LG webOS. inputstream.ffmpegdirect

Important! It is not installed by Kodi via .ZIP as usual, but must be unzipped and copied manually to TV.
Unzip the inputstream.ffmpegdirect.zip and copy the folder inputstream.ffmpegdirect to /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/addons/ on the TV using FileZilla.

Where to find the above mentioned zip file, I'm unable to find anything in "releases" of GitHub

Please guide me on where to get the zip file of the add on
@abhi0077, https://github.com/satgit62/pvr.hts-tvhe...direct.zip
You have to click on the right side download as RAW or on View RAW.
(2023-10-22, 17:12)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]@abhi0077, https://github.com/satgit62/pvr.hts-tvhe...direct.zip
You have to click on the right side download as RAW or on View RAW.

Thank you so muchSmile
I downloaded the zip, will test it on my C3 tomorrow
(2023-10-22, 18:26)abhi0077 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so muchSmile

(2023-10-22, 18:38)satdx62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-22, 18:26)abhi0077 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so muchSmile

Yeah I read that earlier.
Still ty for making sure I don't miss this